FR Back Loaded Horn DIY - advice required.

So I want to build my first Full Range BLH floor standing speakers.

Enclosure of choice is the Tang Band SUG-19-8" FR

http://www.tb-speaker.com/products/sug1-19

SUG1-19%20DIM(1).jpg

But.... I have the W8-1808 drivers on hand & not the recommended BLH W8-1772 drivers. I didn't particularly want to purchase 1772's when i already have 1808's. 

Obviously the enclosure is tuned to the recommended 1772's, so if i did decide to use the 1808 drivers in this enclosure, what possible problems may/will occur with sound quality, by using the 1808 driver with a Qts .44, Vas 3.11. Vs 1772 driver with Qts of .27, Vas 3.34 ? Would you expect a large difference in sound quality performance?

https://www.parts-express.com/productcompare.aspx?returnurl=/brand/tang-band/276?N=4294965074+4294967118+4294962835&Nrs=collection()%2Frecord[endeca%3Amatches(.%2C"P_PortalID"%2C"1")+and+endeca%3Amatches(.%2C"P_Searchable"%2C"1")]&PortalID=1&brandSelected=t

On 6/2/2017 at 6:12 PM, Upfront said:

@davewantsmore

or @atilsley

@Mushroom01 sorry i cant help with any solid tech advice, presumably the different driver will make a difference, but i cant imagine it would be massive?? the 1808 has all good reviews on parts express, same as the 1772, excellent choice of driver though, i have the 1772's in my similarly designed cabinets and love them

Thanks Upfront for trying to keep this alive, but i've given up on waiting for assistance & i'm now building a bass reflex cab for this driver for now. 

Cheers!

• Like 1
Thanks Upfront for trying to keep this alive, but i've given up on waiting for assistance & i'm now building a bass reflex cab for this driver for now. 
Cheers!

We'll need photos of those too mate!

Surprised that Linc had not suggested a swap, but not sure if that would work.

Haha! We all know I'm a try it and see type of guy.
1 minute ago, Upfront said:

Haha! We all know I'm a try it and see type of guy.

As I have the 1772's suitable for horns, 1808's suitable for open baffle?