ArthurDent

Valerian and the city of a thousand planets

Saw at the cinema. Looks amazing, sounds amazing but The Fifth Element it is not. That said it was not too bad. I  enjoyed it.

Anyone know if the 4K UHD + BD dual release has the BD as region free ?

I'm pretty sure I saw a 4K version of this title available at JB HiFi.....if it's region free I don't know

[EDIT] Yes I was correct.

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/movies-tv-shows/movies-tv-shows-on-sale/sci-fi/valerian-and-the-city-of-a-thousand-planets/343332/

I have the 3D version with standard 2D Bluray, but I had to import that, the 3D version hasn't been made available in Aus

3 hours ago, Tweaky said:

I'm pretty sure I saw a 4K version of this title available at JB HiFi.....if it's region free I don't know

[EDIT] Yes I was correct.

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/movies-tv-shows/movies-tv-shows-on-sale/sci-fi/valerian-and-the-city-of-a-thousand-planets/343332/

Yeah - seen  that one and a bit exy (even with 20% off and 2 for 1) but I want the UHD + BD so hoping we get this one sometime:

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Valerian-and-the-City-of-a-Thousand-Planets-4K-Blu-ray/185622/

the only thing that let it down and it was in a major way was the the two main actors. They did not covey any sort of threat or urgency. By watching the film you would think they where at the park walking the dog.

To cast two children as experienced warriors is so un-relatable as well.

Not to mention watching two children flirting with each other all the time is really off putting.

Bad casting IMO

Great movie otherwise

5 minutes ago, Kezzbot said:

To cast two children as experienced warriors is so un-relatable as well.

Not to mention watching two children flirting with each other all the time is really off putting.

The 'children' in question were 30 and 23 years old at the time of filming, so not really that disgusting, but yes, they do seem young to old eyes.

In real war, our 'warriors' are usually younger than this.

Cheers,

Jason.

Posted (edited)

image.png.5189e38c59e39d879a69858eff94288f.png

really wow . audience perceived age that is more important and to me i would have guessed 18 and 16 . To me they acted and appeared young .

and did not act like trained experienced marines or commandos. neither had any muscle on them. 

Edited by Kezzbot

40 minutes ago, Kezzbot said:

image.png.5189e38c59e39d879a69858eff94288f.png

really wow . audience perceived age that is more important and to me i would have guessed 18 and 16 . To me they acted and appeared young .

and did not act like trained experienced marines or commandos. neither had any muscle on them. 

You are thinking real world , not sci_fi 😉