PSC Audio silver speaker and i/c cable

Hi all. I am looking to find out what anybody knows, preferably through personal expereience, about the PSC Audio cables and particularly the silver versions. Also typical pricing. There doesnt seem to be too much info around, and yes, I saw the Monolith goes for $42K a pair!!!!!!!!!

What do PSC silver cables they sound like?......other than some versions, possibly horrifically expensive :wacko:

• Like 1

21 hours ago, aertex said:

Hi all. I am looking to find out what anybody knows, preferably through personal expereience, about the PSC Audio cables and particularly the silver versions. Also typical pricing. There doesnt seem to be too much info around, and yes, I saw the Monolith goes for $42K a pair!!!!!!!!!

What do PSC silver cables they sound like?......other than some versions, possibly horrifically expensive :wacko:

Mark from PSC happens to be a very good friend of mine and as a result I run pure silver Monolith interconnects and digital cable in my system and very soon will have Monolith dual aes and speaker cables to complete my system.

Sound-wise as you would expect they are very special.

To describe their sound PSC pure silver cables have the purity of silver done well and are capable of a very high resolution and frequency extension. (noting that cables suffer loss not add to the signal except for rf interference of course so will only be as capable as what system is capable of)

They also have a full sound not bright or brittle as silver done badly has the reputation of.

The monoliths in particular also have an incredible focus that you normally don't get from other cables.

I won't mention pricing as it's best discussed with Mark rather than on an open forum and to remain respectful to SNA I only want to talk about my personal opinion and experience with Mark's cables.

IMG_1086.thumb.JPG.df2a20e52baf770f8f4fe1d3bb33bf01.JPG

Thanks Martin for your input. Very helpful. Did you have the opportunity to compar the PSC to other well implemented and recognised silver makes-maybe Audio Note, Kondo, Argento? If so, how do they compare sound wise?

Alan

7 minutes ago, aertex said:

Thanks Martin for your input. Very helpful. Did you have the opportunity to compar the PSC to other well implemented and recognised silver makes-maybe Audio Note, Kondo, Argento? If so, how do they compare sound wise?

Alan

Not directly in comparison with those particular brands, however I was lucky enough to hear a UK Ongaku with the higher range of Audio Note UK cables and they were capable of an amazing purity as well.  Very good cables keeping in with the Audio Note sound signature.

I haven't unfortunately had the opportunity to hear the Kondo or Argento so can't comment on them.

So far all the cables I've directly compared to the Monoliths have come out in front including some very good sub $10k interconnects. (just under....)

• 2 weeks later...
On 28 May 2017 at 10:46 AM, aertex said:

I got one pair i bough one here on sna for $650 (rrp claimed by seller was alot more than this price) Happy to pass on if you are keen. 

I think it uses silver ribbon. 

The pain is that it is stiff not flexible hence need lots of room behind rack. The reason why they are expensive because they make their own silver.

• 6 months later...
On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 11:59 AM, Martykt said:

Not directly in comparison with those particular brands, however I was lucky enough to hear a UK Ongaku with the higher range of Audio Note UK cables and they were capable of an amazing purity as well.  Very good cables keeping in with the Audio Note sound signature.

I haven't unfortunately had the opportunity to hear the Kondo or Argento so can't comment on them.

So far all the cables I've directly compared to the Monoliths have come out in front including some very good sub $10k interconnects. (just under....)

Hey Marty

have just dropped you a PM regarding PSC Monolith DIN to RCA cables