Darryl

The Duntech Speaker Thread

I can’t comment on it at the moment because we have not appointed them as yet.

Soon

5 hours ago, Kiat said:

I can’t comment on it at the moment because we have not appointed them as yet.

Soon

I understand Kiat . Keep us posted . 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By LWA Staff
      Item: Duntech Marquis Floorstanding Speakers
      Price: $1000
      Item Condition: Fair Secondhand Condition
      Payment Method: Cash, Paypal, Credit Cards, PayPal
      Extra Info:
      Don't see these very often! Just traded Dutech Marquis Floorstanders. Performance wise they are excellent and have tested as such. We have just re-rolled all the drivers so there is certainly years of music life in them.
      The cabinets are in fair condition for the age of the speaker (+20years old). The plinths, which are not shown in the pictures, do have some moisture damage but could be restored by someone with some time to their former glory. 
      From Duntech's website:
      "The Marquis has a time aligned, five driver arrangement. The bass and mid-range drivers have diecast magnesium chassis. The bass drivers use a vented magnet system and feature a special, coated, pulp paper cone.
      The mid-range drivers are double magnet design and have rubber suspension for low resonance.
      The double chamber tweeter is dome type, with a fabric diaphragm and ferrofluid for efficient cooling and damping.
      The cabinet is designed to provide optimum rigidity and its size has been matched to the performance requirements of the drivers. All drivers have separate sealed enclosures.
      Acoustic felt is matched to the requirements of the loudspeaker and tailored to the geometry of the enclosure.
      The loudspeaker grill is covered with acoustically transparent cloth and the cabinet is hand finished in high quality wood veneers."
      Specifications:
      Frequency Response : Measured at 3.5M on the tweeter axis = 45Hz-20KHz ±2dB
      Efficiency: Referenced at 1M (3.3 ft) on tweeter axis with an input of 2.83 volts RMS (1 watt at 8 ohms)     92dB SPL
      Nominal Impedance: Variance     4 ohms
      Power Rating Peak power for 10 mS: 500 watts
      Recommended Amplifier Power: Minimum RMS per channel 60 watts
      Dimensions: 1490mm H x 272mm  w x 469mm D
      Weight: 53 kgs each
      Shipping: We will ship these anywhere in Australia - however due to the size and weight, shipping costs are extra and will be dependent on the purchasers location.
      Pictures:

• By andythiing
      Item: Duntech Marquis
      Price: $3000 firm
      Item Condition: good
      Reason for selling: Honda S2000 - it was sell these or my left nut
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info: These are early production Marquis under John Dunlavy. They have had rubber on all bass drivers replaced using speakerbits in melb on recommendation of kiat from Duntech. Crossovers are original typography but have had caps replaced with new mundorfs.

Inspections and listening sessions required before purchase. I will not ship and want these to go to a local. The price will not change so please only come to inspect if you are happy with my set price. 

Pictures:

• By srms
      Item: Duntech Barron Speakers
      Price: $1400 . ( Donation to SNA if these sell)
      Item Condition: Very Good
      Reason for selling: Too many speakers! 
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, EFT
      Extra Info: Purchased a few months ago for the Batmaqn . http://www.stereo.net.au/forums/topic/125485-fs-duntech-barons/?tab=comments#comment-1869039

I purchased these Barron's from the above SNA member (great chap) a couple of months ago to have a listen to the Duntech sound. I think that represent great value for $1400.

I really only grabbed these for a listen as they were not intended replace my main speakers and I seem to be struck down my the too many speaker diease! Every room I walk into has got more speakers in it. (I am sure I am not alone here ) 
      I think these would need a reasonable amp to drive them properly.  I would be happy to drop these off in Melbourne tomorrow or next week in Melbourne or in Adelaide as I am planning on a visit. Off course you're welcome to pick them up from N.E. Victoria.

Please don't request the the grilles be removed as I don't know how the socks come off and the drivers are all in good condition.

Pictures:

• By aks2600
      Hello
      Any comments on the best place to get speaker drivers re-cone / repaired ?
      I am in VIC.
      I have older Duntech Princess.
      I found a place online that has been very helpful in emails, although i just noticed they seem to have some bad reviews online, this has me a little concerned.
      Any comments or advice would be much appreciated.
      Regards Rob