wooferocau

Duntech Speakers Owners & Discussion Thread

Recorded in 4K with my Samsung S10+ phone a few weeks back. What's really missing is how deep the bass goes. The 4 mid-woofer drivers can be seen working hard.

Edited by Silver Audiophile

Honestly, posting music on a thread is like a sunroof on a submarine.

20 hours ago, Guzzista said:

@Guzzista

Could you please refrain from taking cheap shots, particularly when another member is contributing much to this thread.

Thanks.

21 hours ago, Guzzista said:

I would normally agree as you hear the acoustics of the room' but in this case, when I played the clips thru my Black Knights they did not sound like that.  Indeed I wonder if the poster has inserted the original audio file.  As for lack of bass I could see my 4 12-incher woofers moving at quite moderate levels.  I do not have the original audio to compare but I've checked with an audiophile mate & he says they do sound different but "they are not bad".

Edited by vur

On 26/11/2019 at 3:55 PM, vur said:

I would normally agree but in this case, as you hear the acoustics of the room but when I played the clips thru my Black Knights they did not sound like that.  Indeed I wonder if the poster has inserted the original audio file.  As for lack of bass I could see my 4 12-incher woofers moving at quite moderate levels.  I do not have the original audio to compare but I've checked with an audiophile mate & he says they do sound different but "they are not bad".

Thanks Vur. I did not use any special equipment, just recorded video with hand held Samsung Galaxy S10+ with in-built mobile phone mic. I have played it back on my phone, iMac desktop, and HiFi system itself. I noticed the exact same thing. I am fortunate, the acoustic of my room is very good, and in person the 'acoustic room hollow sound' heard on mobile/desktop computer is an artifact, since I do not hear the same thing on the main system playback via YouTube with the Duntech Senators. I am streaming with Tidal HiFi on my system. A to B comparisons with my YouTube upload and compared to the same original Tidal playback, clearly the original playback is superior in every way- more detail, more visceral, background black. But, for all the limitations, mobile phone recording, YouTube playback etc, I am really surprised myself at how good it still came out. Much of nuisance, ambience, transience, clarity and musicality of the Senators came through nicely.  A big leap technologically from the very first smart phone I bought in 2009! I will upload more sample later, with different genre of music and move around the the room. Possibly also look at buying a quality external mic too.

On 25/11/2019 at 3:24 PM, Silver Audiophile said:

Recorded in 4K with my Samsung S10+ phone a few weeks back. What's really missing is how deep the bass goes. The 4 mid-woofer drivers can be seen working hard.

Always been a fan of Duntech speakers. My late Dad had a pair of Sovereigns in the nineties and I had the crown princess. What is the track your playing?

34 minutes ago, poppybob said:

Always been a fan of Duntech speakers. My late Dad had a pair of Sovereigns in the nineties and I had the crown princess. What is the track your playing?

From Tidal

Screenshot_20191126-163120_TIDAL.jpg

Having recently obtaining a second Ute-load worth of Basalt Lava Honeycomb slabs from a local Hunter Stone and paver shop and CNC machined stainless shoes and cones, I have been experimenting with placement under the Senators external black cross over box. Initially, these cross overs sat on the carpeted floor. Then, I realised the vast improvement once the Solid Steel spiked rack arrived. More space and air in the vocals, detail, background black. Again, big additional gains once the first Basalt slabs arrived. Then, finally, the staineless shoes and cones- the biggest improvement! More prominent bass extension, transience, more holographic sound. The external Senators cross overs, being more and more isolated from the microphony effects of a vibrating speaker cabinet. Got me thinking- I will never ever go back to ever owning a speaker without an external cross over box. I know what I'm missing out on!

20191130_225657.jpg

20191130_223618.jpg

20191130_223610.jpg

20191127_171843.jpg

20191127_171825.jpg

20191127_171809.jpg

20191130_225701.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.