Duntech Speakers Owners & Discussion Thread

Guest jakeyb77
9 minutes ago, frednork said:

If you fly down to Melbs I'll take my princesses over to Dougs or (he can bring his over to mine :)) and we can have a direct comparo.

I’m away that day ?

Guest jakeyb77
15 minutes ago, andythiing said:

Surround sound in the bedroom with 4x marquis - very impressive 

22E0DFC4-F166-471C-BF84-29DB8A37EE0E.jpeg

CAE46D0E-3E07-4736-AB7B-21BAE58B8870.jpeg

Your camera is drunk! 
just me or does that look like a bedroom, living room -house all in one?? 
Looks cool though 

Edited by jakeyb77

It’s a panorama shot showing sidewallls of a very large bedroom with its own lounge in a guys “weekender” - listens to a lot of surround music - massive room with extremely high ceilings - the 4 marquis look lost in the space - he plans on adding sovereign as the fronts if he can locate a pair - will then use the marquis as rear and sides - has some other duntechs from the gem stone range as well - will eventually move them all into a dedicated space that is being built as a HT/music room - quite sensational to hear 4 marquis at once - walks are 4ft thick solid stone 

12 hours ago, andythiing said:

It’s a panorama shot showing sidewallls of a very large bedroom with its own lounge in a guys “weekender” - listens to a lot of surround music - massive room with extremely high ceilings - the 4 marquis look lost in the space - he plans on adding sovereign as the fronts if he can locate a pair - will then use the marquis as rear and sides - has some other duntechs from the gem stone range as well - will eventually move them all into a dedicated space that is being built as a HT/music room - quite sensational to hear 4 marquis at once - walks are 4ft thick solid stone 

The walls are 4ft thick? As in 1200mm?

• Like 1

On 10/02/2020 at 4:53 AM, andythiing said:

Has he consider the new Duntech Princess for the front pair? Eats the old Sovereigns for breakfast in sound and appearance. As a HiFi stereo front pair, the new Duntech Princess would be unparalleled.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Silver Audiophile said:

Has he consider the new Duntech Princess for the front pair? Eats the old Sovereigns for breakfast in sound and appearance. As a HiFi stereo front pair, the new Duntech Princess would be unparalleled.

Any idea what the price is for the Princess?

Guest jakeyb77
1 minute ago, kab said:

Mate my kidneys wouldn't cover the price of an ipod!

I wasn’t going to go down that road. Maybe if we donate one each we could get a Bose to share? 

Guest jakeyb77
29 minutes ago, Silver Audiophile said:

I hope you are on commission?!? ?

30 minutes ago, Silver Audiophile said:

Please tell us more about these Princesses of which you speak.

2 minutes ago, jakeyb77 said:

I hope you are on commission?!? ?

What do you think a fair commission would be? I think he's just a huge fan.

Guest jakeyb77
Just now, Silver Audiophile said:

Zip, zero, nada..

I am one of few people to have actually heard the new Princess. Totally lost of words. One day, it will be in my listening room.

I know. It was tongue in cheek. ?was just thinking when you do get them you deserve a discount. 
You brought them to my attention. 
It would be nice to know what they will retail for in Australia. 

9 minutes ago, Tubularbells said:

Would love to hear a pair someday and hear just how inferior my Sovereigns actually are.....seriously.

LOL , ignorance is bliss!

However,  yes opinions on supposed superiority are to be taken with a grain of salt! ?

• Like 1

Guest jakeyb77
Just now, evil c said:

However,  yes opinions on supposed superiority are to be taken with a grain of salt! ?

Make sure those new Conrads of yours will run @Tubularbells old Sovs when he upgrades and you buy them. ?

5 minutes ago, Uncle Seth said:

Please tell us more about these Princesses of which you speak.

What do you think a fair commission would be? I think he's just a huge fan.

Exactly Uncle Seth. Huge huge fan of brand. I liked and owned the old Marquis. Now, a proud Senator owner.

The Princess is hard to describe and do it justice. I have also spent time with the Focal Grande Utopia (RRP$285,000) and the Wilson Audio Alexx (RRP$198,000).

Firstly, the Grande Utopia is a better speaker than anything else in the Focal range. But, it's bass is too loose, and mid range isn't holographic enough to justify the price. A rather coloured overall sounding speakers as all Focal are.

The Wilson Alexx, much better in detail and resolution, no colouration. Very clinical and bit edgy at times, the threshold of bright. I found them unemotional and rather fatiguing to listen to after about 20 minutes.

The Princess- I've listened for a few hours to these in Sydney. Sweetest mids and highs. Holographic detail, musical, and natural sounding. The control, transience, cadence, had me in navana. The bass, is what continually took my breath away. Tight, controlled, visceral, and did not colour the mids one bit like the Grande Utopia does. I remember for instance, 'Sharpening a Knife' by Parrisa Bouas, the guitarist taps the guitar body.. the reverb is authoritative visceral response and decays into a vast expanse or imaginary grand canyon behind the room. I've never heard any speaker at any price do this before.  

55 minutes ago, evil c said:

Recently, I spoke with Calvin regarding his thoughts on Princess, whilst inquiring about his line of Cable FM speaker cables. Calvin is the Hong Kong/China/Taiwan distributor for Duntech and made the statement that the new Princess beats the Sovereign on all aspect. For that reason the new Princess is now their new Reference.

What is also interesting, Duntech and Halcro have formed a partnership to showcase their new creations around the World. In a recent trip to Hong Kong, Peter Forster and Mike Kirham of Halcro has also made the comment that the Princess is the best sound they have ever heard. The new Halcro Eclipse of course powering the Princess.

image.thumb.png.17f5292be3dfe8fff037439511412b3c.png

image.png.8a99b46e519dddf92e05ad0249392108.png

image.png.803673ebb97e3f8e376e16c5d106d661.png

• Like 2