Duntech Speakers Owners & Discussion Thread

I used to hang around the local hi fi shop a lot when they had the Sovereigns back in the 90s . They were fantastic . If I had a big room (and was single ) I would get some .  I can still recall the  wonderful ease in the bass that only big speakers can project .

Nice CD KAB :)

I recall hearing them at Len Wallis paired with BIG Krells--statement speakers alright-still to the fore today

Willco

I used to hang around the local hi fi shop a lot when they had the Sovereigns back in the 90s . They were fantastic . If I had a big room (and wore the pants at home ) I would get some .  I can still recall the  wonderful ease in the bass that only big speakers can project .

Nice CD KAB :)

There you , fixed for you. :D

I wouldn't dare question anyone's view on the best speaker ever made in Australia :-)

But I think the most significant could be argued sensibly!

• Like 1

The Sovereign,s might be "OLD" , BUT they are one of the best speakers i have ever heard.....it is a pleasure to own them. :)

After auditioning many New "high end" speakers, i think a lot is more about de core and aesthetics than the actual sound itself. 

I recall hearing that PVaf used to work at Duntech, perhaps the vaf I93 is the spiritual successor to the Sovereigns.

I have heard the same thing and I also agree about the i93 speakers. I have only heard Duntech Marquis and Princess but Duntech seemed to have a "house sound " with each ascending model being an improvement/refinement and I think VAF do this also

heard them about 15 years ago .  wow factor for me. lotto this weekend and if i win im buying these speakers with mcintosh power amps. wish me luck

Even if you only win $10? Wow. Man on a mission or what?

In the early 90's, I lived with Duntech Crown Princes for about 12 months, having previously been extremely impressed by a mate's Sovereigns.  Unfortunately, in my room at the time and with ME 25/850, the Crown Princes didn't provide any semblance of the sound I remembered from the Sovereigns. :(

Of course, there could be a multitude of reasons for this and I may well have given up on the CP's prematurely.  Thanks to a kind offer from the last GTG, I have an opportunity to revisit the Crown Princes and I'm really looking forward to doing so.  It wouldn't surprise me at all to find that a room mismatch was the culprit and that the CP's are a worthy "little" brother to the mighty and magnificent Sovereigns.

Duntechs1993_zpsbae4c0be.jpg  

Edited by Tony M
  • Like 3

In the early 90's, I lived with Duntech Crown Princes for about 12 months, having previously been extremely impressed by a mate's Sovereigns.  Unfortunately, in my room at the time and with ME 25/850, the Crown Princes didn't provide any semblance of the sound I remembered from the Sovereigns. :(

Of course, there could be a multitude of reasons for this and I may well have given up on the CP's prematurely.  Thanks to a kind offer from the last GTG, I have an opportunity to revisit the Crown Princes and I'm really looking forward to doing so.  It wouldn't surprise me at all to find that a room mismatch was the culprit and that the CP's are a worthy "little" brother to the mighty and magnificent Sovereigns.

Duntechs1993_zpsbae4c0be.jpg  

They certainly are.

I remember listening to both back in the day, at LWA.

I preferred the Sovereign but the sales guys told me that the CP produced a more consistently better sound in a typical living room.  

Probably the most remarkable Sovereign setups I've ever seen was in a 25th floor apartment, in Kent St Sydney. 

Kiat are you watching?.

I am now! after Edgar mentioned to me that there is a discussion on Duntech Sovereigns. Thought I will look and see what the talk was about? Without make this look like promoting my brand, anyone wanting to keep in touch with duntech please check our facebook pages. I can answer any direct question here if required.

Kiat

Edited by Kiat

I am now! after Edgar mentioned to me that there is a discussion on Duntech Sovereigns. Thought I will look and see what the talk was about? Without make this look like promoting my brand, anyone wanting to keep in touch with duntech please check our facebook pages. I can answer any direct question here if required.

Kiat

Hi Kiat, I have been trying to contact you.

Can i please have your contact number?  The one on the Duntech website is not current.

Do you still have any spares applicable to the Sovereign...Drivers for instance?

Thanks..Paul.