far-infrared element anion ore stickers

1 hour ago, crisis said:

No, although it of course sounds like one. If so may I ask for some consideration given the other
"products" that are available? In any case I would not be at all surprised if he actually got some orders. :thumb:

The success of the joke is how easy it is to give oxygen to it on forums by highlighting the sense of outrage of preying on the gullible.

and with a little blast of fresh air, the joke burns bright again.

40 minutes ago, Cafad said:

Does that mean I get a cut?

Nah, he'll give you a couple of free bags of sand... :-)

Reading on a 4WD forum the other day, and the talk was about fuel line attachments to "quieten your engine, reduce engine wear, reduce clogging up filters, and better fuel economy" it reminded me of this thread when reading it. One device had permanent magnets and UV light, that the fuel passed through. Now I can understand that the UV light may possibly have some effect (photochemical reaction) and remotely, possibly as a biocide to the bacteria that cause the sludge, that diesels are prone too, but the magnets????? Wasn't Brocky flogging magnetic fuel line attachments at some stage too?

Reminds me of the little octagonal? discs they used to sell to reduce harmful emissions from your electronic gear by, as was explained to me, "changing the hertz frequency of the electricity and electromagnetic emissions"

By far the best one, and the one that got me chased out of one of the pavillions at the Easter Show, back in the 70's, was a round metal disc with smooth edges, and a hole offset from the centre, also smooth edged. The hole was just big enough to push a cigarette through it, causing the paper on the cigarette to become sort of crinkled. Doing this was supposed to remove all the tar and bad stuff from the cigarette, making it virtually harmless to you. Being about 18 at the time, I was quizzing the spruiker about how doing this could possibly remove anything at all. When he thought no-one would hear, he said out the side of his mouth "F off you little P***k or I'll belt you in the mouth... LOL... so I did..

• Like 1

20 hours ago, guru said:

The success of the joke is how easy it is to give oxygen to it on forums by highlighting the sense of outrage of preying on the gullible.

and with a little blast of fresh air, the joke burns bright again.

Never been a fan of the "practical joke". Well done, you got me... That said in this case I do appreciate the irony of a practical joke that  "preys on the gullible" by using the type of product that preys on the gullible.

20 hours ago, bob_m_54 said:

Nah, he'll give you a couple of free bags of sand... :-)

Reading on a 4WD forum the other day, and the talk was about fuel line attachments to "quieten your engine, reduce engine wear, reduce clogging up filters, and better fuel economy" it reminded me of this thread when reading it. One device had permanent magnets and UV light, that the fuel passed through. Now I can understand that the UV light may possibly have some effect (photochemical reaction) and remotely, possibly as a biocide to the bacteria that cause the sludge, that diesels are prone too, but the magnets????? Wasn't Brocky flogging magnetic fuel line attachments at some stage too?

Reminds me of the little octagonal? discs they used to sell to reduce harmful emissions from your electronic gear by, as was explained to me, "changing the hertz frequency of the electricity and electromagnetic emissions"

By far the best one, and the one that got me chased out of one of the pavillions at the Easter Show, back in the 70's, was a round metal disc with smooth edges, and a hole offset from the centre, also smooth edged. The hole was just big enough to push a cigarette through it, causing the paper on the cigarette to become sort of crinkled. Doing this was supposed to remove all the tar and bad stuff from the cigarette, making it virtually harmless to you. Being about 18 at the time, I was quizzing the spruiker about how doing this could possibly remove anything at all. When he thought no-one would hear, he said out the side of his mouth "F off you little P***k or I'll belt you in the mouth... LOL... so I did..

I believe they are still flogging the good old Hyclone. :thumb:

• Like 1

22 hours ago, bob_m_54 said:

..Wasn't Brocky flogging magnetic fuel line attachments at some stage too?...

Peter Brock's "Polariser" was much more sophisticated than just magnets.  It also contained crystals.

• Like 3

On 10/07/2017 at 7:54 PM, crisis said:

"On the floor in room corners, Large size Brilliant Pebbles reduces comb filter effects caused by very high sound pressure levels that develop in the corners when music is playing - as much as 3 or 4 times higher than the average sound pressure level in the room!! The Large size Brilliant Pebbles is also effective on tube amp Output Transformers; on top of speaker cabinets; and on armboards of turntables. Other effective locations include on top of Tube Traps; on side walls at the first reflection points; on the wall behind the listener position at points of high pressure; or anywhere in the 3 dimensional space of the room where a sharp rise in sound pressure relative to the average sound pressure in the room is measured using a test tone and sound pressure meter. "

http://www.machinadynamica.com/machina31.htm

I'm not sure if I should admit this, but I actually had some of these "large size Brilliant Pebbles" on the floor in room corners.  At first they worked brilliantly, but after a while they would argue with my pet rock.  A few minor spats developed into WW3.  The rock and the pebbles almost killed each other, the description is accurate in the words "points of high pressure" and "sharp rise in sound pressure relative to the average sound pressure in the room".  There was no need for the test tone and sound pressure meter when the pebble and rock were going hammer and tongs.  I tried many interventions, including housing them under a wire pyramid, no no avail.  The only solution was to re-home them.