Upfront

Paper machè horns.

Hi Linc
Will do, but keen to get into something like this ! Might be similar to another user's design, but hey, we can trade notes
http://www.troelsgravesen.dk/JA8008_DTQWT_cabs.htm
Pity I have no skill at building anything, would have to get a wood worker to build the boxes.
We need photos of your build mate. It the law around here. Doesn't exist without photos!

Woohoo... Bass horns Tasmania.

Mine were in the garage during the storm (my garage got flooded) ... so now they have to be rebuilt.  For scale, mouth is 1.7m x 45cm ... crossover @ 250Hz ... 15" AE driver.

... but like all things I seem to build they were "just a prototype".  :-S
So maybe not.

I want to make a horn for the 12" JBL drivers I have .... but it would need to be much much longer (2m+ from driver to mouth) .... so this would need a much more complex construction technique.

post-108814-0-93858800-1448784367_thumb.jpgpost-108814-0-14088100-1455153782_thumb.jpg

Those look just like the QPie bass bins I used to have for my 2 way setup...minus the ribs in the horn opening.

15 hours ago, ellisr63 said:

Those look just like the QPie bass bins I used to have for my 2 way setup...minus the ribs in the horn opening.

That's it. 👍  They're not exactly the quarter pie design from the Klipsh forum (as I used a different driver, and calculated my own horn), but it's the same folding idea and "quarter circle" mouth.

I also low pass filter mine a lot stronger than recommended on the klipsh forum.   The dimensions in this horn make it inappropriate to run over about ~300Hz

32 minutes ago, davewantsmoore said:

That's it. 👍  They're not exactly the quarter pie design from the Klipsh forum (as I used a different driver, and calculated my own horn), but it's the same folding idea and "quarter circle" mouth.

I also low pass filter mine a lot stronger than recommended on the klipsh forum.   The dimensions in this horn make it inappropriate to run over about ~300Hz

I loved the match of the QPies to my old JBL 2360s. The tonal qualities were the same all the way down to the Danley DTS10s.