Paper machè horns.

Upfront

The idea is unidirectional is much stronger. So as I lay multiple layers I will alternate direction. I'll vacuum bag it as I now have the gear for it, then layers of paper, then carbon fibre again to finish. CLD/carbon composite. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, shaky said:

I’ll just sit here waiting......

You may be waiting a few more weeks mate. Solar is finally done but I need a new table for the shed. I've been waiting on a stainless steel one to turn up on gumtree. Something clean and tidy to work on now things are getting a little more serious.

12 minutes ago, shaky said:

Solar? Heating for the shed so you can spend more time out there over the cold, frigid, icy Tassie winter? And the cold frigid half of summer too?

Haha! You can't take the piss out of tasmanian weather when you live in Melbourne mate! But yes, solar to power heaters isn't far off the mark. It's take a few weekend and a couple of blokes from work for the clever stuff but done now. 

20180428_133845.jpg

20180428_133810.jpg

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, shaky said:

Solar? Heating for the shed so you can spend more time out there over the cold, frigid, icy Tassie winter? And the cold frigid half of summer too?

Seems like a lot of Australians that think Tasmania is the cold part of Australia.

Canberra today was ~ 0 - 24 Hobart ~10 - 24, which city has the coldest temperature?

It is easy to forget or not know about temperatures, Alice Springs and the central areas get to 0 and below quite regularly.

Where are the main ski fields in Australia, not Tasmania.

It does get cold here, not as cold as other places in Australia though, but I do know where I prefer to live.

Melbourne eh(?) not that much difference to here.

Nice solar install Linc.

• Like 1

Nice install mate. You have a valid point with the Melbourne thing though. Not much power left in what sun we are getting  lately. 

@soundbyte I do have a dim dark distant memory of things oh so close to freezing mid stream in arctic Canberra so am aware of that.   ??

10 hours ago, soundbyte said:

Seems like a lot of Australians that think Tasmania is the cold part of Australia.

Canberra today was ~ 0 - 24 Hobart ~10 - 24, which city has the coldest temperature?

It is easy to forget or not know about temperatures, Alice Springs and the central areas get to 0 and below quite regularly.

Where are the main ski fields in Australia, not Tasmania.

It does get cold here, not as cold as other places in Australia though, but I do know where I prefer to live.

Melbourne eh(?) not that much difference to here.

Nice solar install Linc.

The Alice has dry cold...no humidity in winter which is why the temperatures can be negative at dawn and 28 by 10am...less water in the air to warm up or cool down.  Tas has a wet cold that is whole degrees of magnitude worse to be in...a bit like summer temperatures in Qld...I'd much rather 42 degrees with low humidity in Melbourne than 35 degrees and air you could cut with a knife in Rocky or Cairns. 

Thanks Linc, really enjoyed today and the finish of the horns is spot on! Pics don't do them justice. Everything else is mumbo jumbo but sounds darn good [emoji108]
Thanks for making the effort to come for a listen mate. Was great to finally put a face to the name. Also good to know there are more practical music lovers out there.

13 hours ago, Upfront said:
13 hours ago, swervyn said:
Thanks Linc, really enjoyed today and the finish of the horns is spot on! Pics don't do them justice. Everything else is mumbo jumbo but sounds darn good emoji108.png

. Was great to finally put a face to the name.

Indeed! I was kind of actually expecting the dude in the yellow top and tin foil hat though! lol!

also... a bit of a flashback when I left. The bottom floor unit at the end of your street I spent a number of nights at with a crazy cat girl many years ago that I had totally forgotten about. Must have repressed that memory for a reason I'm thinking...

• Like 2

also... a bit of a flashback when I left. The bottom floor unit at the end of your street I spent a number of nights at with a crazy cat girl many years ago that I had totally forgotten about. Must have repressed that memory for a reason I'm thinking...
Quite possible she still lives there mate!