Paper machè horns.

Upfront

Thanks guys, I'll see if I can get some of these at nubco or similar over the next few days. The drivers actually come with some short lengths of threaded rod but I'd like to use some button head, hex socket bolts. These sit a little nicer on the horn mount. 9fa7236bf5a5479c15b8f07c25d6a81f.jpg

• Like 1

Lovely pics, Linc. Good enough for the cover of Belle magazine!

I'm a bit concerned about their side-to-side stability, especially after those heavy-looking drivers are added. Guess the dogs or whatever can't get near them in the shed, though. I'd be looking at outriggers, or a more triangular shape for the bases.

Thousands would be clamouring for such attractive "paper weights", if they only knew. And that's without hearing them.

Lovely pics, Linc. Good enough for the cover of Belle magazine!

I'm a bit concerned about their side-to-side stability, especially after those heavy-looking drivers are added. Guess the dogs or whatever can't get near them in the shed, though. I'd be looking at outriggers, or a more triangular shape for the bases.

Thousands would be clamouring for such attractive "paper weights", if they only knew. And that's without hearing them.

Thanks Brian. Outfitters are a good idea. I did nearly bump them over tonight. Luckily I haven't been able to mount the drivers yet (bolts tomorrow if the have stock) so they weren't too top heavy. With the next pair I'm hoping to cast in a mounting bracket or mounting points for a bracket. I thought I had all that sorted but now I have a pair set up properly I will need to rethink a few small parts. Very happy so far but still more work to do.

Thanks guys. Still only prototyping at the moment. Fleshing out ideas. Very enjoyable so far. @Hippy your right about the timber here. The thought at the moment (constant state of flux due to changing box shape etc) is to veneer the final boxes. So I'm sure the local timber will sneak it's way in.

• Like 1

Won't be up and running tonight as I only have a few minutes spare... But they all count! Hoping to get all the drivers in/on and sorted and some preliminary work in the MiniDSP while short people are asleep tonight.b8f92d14505612812c8a544d78854dd6.jpg0bba0dcb60d3f6dffcbdd20318c07e52.jpg502b9b12aa0100aa1dca138005851633.jpg

• Like 4

Wow!

So the bolts worked, you filled in a couple of spare minutes, and not a lot of sleep for short people tonight, by the looks?

Fab - and love the wine rack/diffuser.

Wow!

So the bolts worked, you filled in a couple of spare minutes, and not a lot of sleep for short people tonight, by the looks?

Fab - and love the wine rack/diffuser.
Thank mate. Really happy with the finish so far. The horn mount needs work but that's for another day.
The diffuser was just a bit of a trial. Really need to finish it! Thanks for the reminder.

40 minutes ago, Upfront said:

Bahahahahah!53675742f6a269b19923263a1fb179c8.jpg

YEAH BABY!!!

Funny actually as have just last week watched 1 & 2 in the movie series! First time watched them again since they originally came out, they weren't as funny as I remember them, must have been on better drugs back then!