FS: (Perth) FREE Coral 12SA-1 Kit Speakers

SOLD

Item: Coral 12SA-1 Kit Speakers
Price: Free, perhaps the new owner could make a small donation to Stereonet.
Item Condition: Vintage DIY kits, average condition for age, the tweeters are not working on one speaker although I do not know what the issue is.
Reason for selling: Having a clear out and this is a project I am not interested in anymore.
Payment Method: Free, pickup only.
Extra Info: Time to pass these on to someone else. All the screws are in the coffee jar. This is a well known and popular vintage kit speaker. A few scratches, nicks and chips in the timber veneer but not a bad finish for vintage DIY. Well made and very sturdy, over 20kg each. The front baffles come off (screws) if you wanted to remount the drivers on a new baffle. I also have a download of the original manual. Pickup only thanks.

Pictures:

IMAG2803.jpg

IMAG2798.jpg

IMAG2800.jpg

IMAG2801.jpg

IMAG2802.jpg

Edited by panasonkyo
More info
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, a.dent said:

These look like the ones I built in about 1978 :). You've done a much better job though.

I didn't build them. I got them for free on Gumtree off @okitoki last year. He also listed them on StereoNET, so I am doing the same.

• Like 1

Guest gmdb

These things can sing very sweetly. A great project for someone.  Re-wire the drivers, update components on the x-overs - quality components make a huge improvement to the performance. And like @Grumpy said brace the cabinets.  Jpegs of the original manual pages can be found online which detail the driver specifications and the x-over network.  I found that replacing the 1uf cap with a high quality one was critical to getting the upper mid-range to open up. 

Guest gmdb

If there's been no takers maybe link to this on the DIY thread.  It would be a great refurbishment project for a DIYer over in Perth and it might be the case that the DIY guys don't check the classifieds too often as they are in their garages building stuff, instead of buying.

• 5 weeks later...