recommendation for bias device for my amplifier

Hi,

Recently I've been thinking its about time I checked the biasing of my EL34 tubes on my amplifier.

There seems to be a few devices on the market that make it look quite straight forward. 

Does anyone have a recommendation?

Also, if I buy one, would someone experienced and knowledgeable be willing to show me how to use it?

Is there anywhere in Melbourne I might buy one of these devices like a Bias King http://biasking.com/index.html

or a Tad Bias Master http://www.tubeampdoctor.com/en/shop_TAD_Equipment_TAD_BiasMaster/

Than you for any comments., Bob

Before looking at different devices @Heifetz, you need to figure out what method you're amplifier uses to measure and adjust the bias.

Quite often tube amplifiers have sockets for inserting multimeter probes which negates the need to purchase a device to fit into the tube sockets.

Some amplifiers like mine even have auto-biasing meaning you don't have do anything.

Are there any bias adjustment pots on the amp?

Looking at the few photos on the internet of your amplifier I can't see any adjustments suggesting that it may indeed be auto-biasing.

It may be worth a call to Audio Salon to verify what's required to adjust the bias for that amp.

I'm happy to help out in any way I can. 

Hi Martin,

I hope you are well. That's a good suggestion. My friend biased it for me previously (he is now passed away) and I remember that the chassis needed to be opened and there are a series of small screws that need to be turned and adjusted. He used a multimeter. It looked slightly complicated to me at the time and now I'm thinking that one of these devices may be more straight forward. I call Audio Salon.

Thx Martin.

Bob

7 hours ago, Heifetz said:

Hi Martin,

I hope you are well. That's a good suggestion. My friend biased it for me previously (he is now passed away) and I remember that the chassis needed to be opened and there are a series of small screws that need to be turned and adjusted. He used a multimeter. It looked slightly complicated to me at the time and now I'm thinking that one of these devices may be more straight forward. I call Audio Salon.

Thx Martin.

Bob

I'm well thank you, hope you are as well.

Those devices are essentially just a dumbed down multimeter with an adapter to fit between the tube and socket, handy in some ways but does mean you have to handle the tubes.

I can help show how to use a multimeter and adjust the bias.

Having the required measurements and specific info from Audio Salon would be helpful rather than having to figure them out.