bhobba

Auralic Aries And Clays DAC's

3 hours ago, scumbag said:

Stop answering your phone and any of his emails. He'll give up eventually.

Trouble is I live only about 30-40 mins away from both Clay and Mike - a good cosmetic surgeon may help discuise them though :P:P:P:P:P

Thanks

Bill

13 minutes ago, bhobba said:

Trouble is I live only about 30-40 mins away from both Clay and Mike - a good cosmetic surgeon may help discuise them though :P:P:P:P:P

Thanks

Bill

It would be worth a try..........

On 10/05/2017 at 8:48 AM, Gieseler Audio said:

Well I'm so impressed with this setup & the streaming thing that I have taken the plunge & signed up with Tidal - HIFI version.

I never thought I would take up a on line music subscription service but this is just so good & easy to use that I'm totally hooked.

Picture this.

Sitting in your favourite listening chair, cold beer close by & iPad in hand - search for any album you've ever liked (well almost)  - bingo it pops up 

Hit the play button - wow - sounds so good you keep turning it up until you get complaints from other members of the household.

I guess I'm just lucky my first experience with Tidal ended up sounding so good. I think the combination of the Auralic Aries + Low noise PSU + Konverter all work together extremely well.

Even 44k stuff is blowing me away.

I haven't actually done a real time comparison of my custom PC music server vs the Auralic Aries but from memory the Aries is definitely better.

Now my only problem is convincing bhobba he is not getting the Aries back! 

Hi Clay, I just got an Aries Mini from A2A for $389 and even that is a massive step up in SQ compared to my Mac running Audirvana 3. I think they still had quite a few units left at that price when I got mine.

Edited by Jonny

Sponsor

Hi Jonny,

thanks for the info - will check it out

No worries Clay. If you select white colour, then it gives you the discounted price. 

I suppose the Aries is a very good device, but I think it would be nice to have a comparison to something like a SMS-200.

Matt

1 hour ago, matth said:

I suppose the Aries is a very good device, but I think it would be nice to have a comparison to something like a SMS-200.

Matt

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/topic/30750-auralic-aries-mini-vs-sonore-microrendu-vs-sotm-sms-200-listening-impressions/
There is this but it is mainly about the mini. I think a few reference the full aries. 

1 hour ago, Bunno77 said:

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/topic/30750-auralic-aries-mini-vs-sonore-microrendu-vs-sotm-sms-200-listening-impressions/
There is this but it is mainly about the mini. I think a few reference the full aries. 

Thanks, I know this reference. 

Matt

Edited by matth

I have both the Aries mini and the full Aries. Full Aries is quite a step up, more detail etc with less grain.

Edited by todagt

3 hours ago, todagt said:

I have both the Aries mini and the full Aries. Full Aries is quite a step up, more detail etc with less grain.

According to some german audiophiles the SMS-200 is superior to an Aries femto and SOTM will launch the SMS-200ultra in a few days at Munich High End.

Matt