russell66

Looking for a tech for my technics SP10

Hey Guys 

I'm looking for some help finding someone to repair my Technics SP10 turntable.

We seem to have limited options in Perth. I have tried a few people, i seem to either get - Yes thats an open cheque book please - Yes i can do it, then excuses, price hikes and no action, Or yes I can but i don't want to (my interpretation, no thats too hard for me but I don't want to say that).

Either way I have had no luck. 

I would post over east if I thought I could get it repaired.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I guess that it could be getting onto 40 years old, it most probably could do with replacing the capacitors inside the turntable and power supply.

Did anyone look at it and give you an idea what might be wrong with it?

I hear Jason Boyd is a great person to get a turntable repaired with. http://turntable-doctor.com/Turntable_Doctor.html

Edited by rocky500

I guess that it could be getting onto 40 years old, it most probably could do with replacing the capacitors inside the turntable and power supply.

Did anyone look at it and give you an idea what might be wrong with it?

I hear Jason Boyd is a great person to get a turntable repaired with. http://turntable-doctor.com/Turntable_Doctor.html

I had Jason service my SP10. I had speed issues. He did a brilliant job. Very happy. Its hasn't missed a beat since. Highly recomend him.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies. Pleased you had a good experience. Is there anybody else??

Russ ...Liquid Audio in Carine Perth might be your only hope, though he charges at professional rates (not cheap)? Also, I have had no experience with his work so not necessarily recommending him, the website and words therein look good.

Cheers,

Steve.

Russ, 

i gather from this thread you tried Jason at turntable table? Do you have any better luck with liquid or anybody else. 

There is a guy in Koondoola or Balga - also doing repairs , name escapes me at the moment, but I think the business is rfwaves or similar, I think he also makes and sells solid states and valves on Perth gumtree. 

Thumbs up here for Jason (Turntable Doctor) and Mike at Liquid Audio.

You need to keep in mind that some work usually needs to be carried out before all issues are diagnosed successfully. These guys are trained professionals, its not a hobby for them, it's their livelihood.

You have a good table, it deserves a good tech.

On 09/07/2017 at 1:39 PM, cafe67 said:

Russ, 

i gather from this thread you tried Jason at turntable table? Do you have any better luck with liquid or anybody else. 

There is a guy in Koondoola or Balga - also doing repairs , name escapes me at the moment, but I think the business is rfwaves or similar, I think he also makes and sells solid states and valves on Perth gumtree. 

Chamila @ rfwaves, Perth.

On 5/6/2017 at 4:07 PM, russell66 said:

Hey Guys 

I'm looking for some help finding someone to repair my Technics SP10 turntable.

What does it need? PSUs were the biggest problem here so I'd get that checked first, and they are very simple.The motor controllers are not though.

Thanks folks, think i have been round the regular people. Not sure if i tried Golden Age so I'll give em a call.

Thinking of selling as is. In fact I put one up on ebay already, but I think I want too much for it. I'll check with Mark as well. I know he has some but not sure if he has ever got them repaired.

Definitely try Duc @lovetube. He is in Melbourne but couriers go everywhere. When he sent mine back, it took me about 10 mins just to unpack it! Also ask him to respray it for you, mine looks the biz. Will get around to posting some images once I have his Univector arm and cartridge on it. Here's a teaser...

thumb_IMG_4376.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now