FS: Furutech GTX-D AC Receptacles

Item: Furutech GTX-D AC Receptacles
Price: $150 each
Item Condition: Excellent
Reason for selling: NLR/Downsizing
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash (Can post)
Extra Info:

Up for sale are Furutech GTX-D AC Receptacles in both rhodium-plated & gold-plated versions.

Made from pure copper, which is then direct-plated with either rhodium or gold, these are probably the best receptacles currently available.

Unlike most receptacles, their special construction means these do not chew up the blades of AC plugs.

All outlets have been conditioned on an Audiodharma Cable Cooker.

Multiples of each type available.

NOTE: These are USA-style receptacles that accept USA-style plugs.

Local pickup preferred, can ship at buyer's expense.

Pictures:

IMG_1194.JPG

IMG_1195.JPG

IMG_1196.JPG

IMG_1197.JPG

IMG_1198.JPG

IMG_1199.JPG

Edited by petem15

1 hour ago, Aperalim said:

How many of each of these do you have available?

I am using the latest NCF versions to great effect in my Audio Replas powerblock.

All the rhodium units appear to be spoken for at this stage however interested parties should feel free to PM me if they're interested in those & I can put them as backups in case the sales fall through.

I still have a number of the gold versions available in the meantime.

I also have a thread for the matching Furutech FI-50M AC plugs that will hopefully appear shortly.

Edited by petem15

These are plainly illegal to instal in Australia. I really do not know why these have been allowed to be posted up here.

They could be used after a step down transformer in a portable setup but even then they wouldn't meet Aus standards as they have not been certified.

Sent from my JAZZ using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, Bunno77 said:

They could be used after a step down transformer in a portable setup but even then they wouldn't meet Aus standards as they have not been certified.

Sent from my JAZZ using Tapatalk

My house fully US receptacles and insured by NRMA  mate . AUS receptacles can't come near .

4 hours ago, Highendlover999 said:

My house fully US receptacles and insured by NRMA  mate . AUS receptacles can't come near .

Good luck if you have to make a claim. 

They are illegal. They haven't been through our testing procedures and the different plug type is not approved. (they no doubt are better but the paperwork doesn't approve them) 

As a licenced electrician I would never install them for a client. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Saxon Hall said:

I really do not know why these have been allowed to be posted up here.

My understanding of the regs in Australia is that it is only forbidden to sell these if you are a company (but not an individual)

EDIT:  Oh sorry - DIdn't realise this was a FS thread.

5 hours ago, Highendlover999 said:

My house fully US receptacles and insured by NRMA  mate

I'd be extremely surprised if they have insured you knowing about this.

Like every other insurer, your policy excludes:

loss, damage, injury or death arising from faulty design or workmanship

Non-faulty design being products specified which comply with our electrical code

Non-faulty workmanship being a qualified installer who has followed the relevant code/rules.    (ie. any sparky who might have signed this off, has technically done "poor work").

FWIW - I don't think the risk of you having an issue, or being caught out, is particularly high.....   but

Edited by davewantsmoore
  • Like 1

. They are not compliant. You are kidding yourself. Stop spreading dangerous misinformation. A licenced electrician would never install them and risk a heavy fine and or lose their licence.
  • Like 1