Sign in to follow this  
Perth.hifi

RTI , T2X Remote , XP6 processor and oppo 105 losing connection

Hi everyone

I've got a RTI Remote fully programmed ad a oppo 105 connected via rs232, had it 2.5yrs and find I constantly looses connection between the two. So frustrating. Spent big dollars, and dissaponted. I don't have ash issues with my pre amp, projector, humax player, Apple tv, etc... it's only the oppo105... anyone had similar experience? Only solution is switch all of, wait a while and try again. Eventually works done times. That'll good for mobile phone oppo app.

Sure wish I could edit the remote control myself,  out really sucks that you spend so much money and you don't get given a mini version of the software to edit.. this point alone,  in ready to jump to another system. 

Also anyone have really slow hdmi sync with a marantz av8001 and oppo 105. Gets slow switching between inputs.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

T

Edited by Perth.hifi
mistakes

A lot of devices have a 'network standby' option within the configuration menu.  It is allow them to disable circuitry to meet European standby power regs.

What this does is to turn off the network card (on which the rs232 circuitry VERY commonly resides) so that when the unit is turned off, after a period of time the rs232 and network control interface will switch off.  It is possible they have a wake on LAN function enabled by default so your phone app works ok.

Don't remember the detailed setup options on this Oppo so you may need to do some hunting around in the menu.

RTI licences authorised dealers to use the software to try and keep some quality control on the programming that is provided to the client.  Even though, I have still seen a fair bit of crap programming over the years.

Control 4 only allow dealers to have the software.

Ditto Savant

Ditto AMX

Ditto Crestron.

URC I am not sure about but I imagine for their higher spec products it will probably be the same.

What product are you considering jumping to?

Is your RTI programming locked with a security key?

If not, options are available to you depending on what control devices you use.

Have not experienced the slow switching except in one very specific situation.

Can you draw up a fully detailed schematic of the system showing every connection to AVR.

Might be some clues I can help out with.

cheers

Rawl

Do you have any other options apart from rs-232 to control the oppo 105?

I used a simple cable on a 103D from the infra-red pulse generator. I have an RTI T2x, with an older RP-1 (I think - it was with a T2-C which became tempermental after a decade of use).  The cable (?serial) just went from the RP-1 to the back of the OPPO 103D.

The 203 doesn't have that remote connection (pity) so I have gone back to a simple infra-red 'dot' stuck on the remote control spot just near the disc tray, cabled back to the RP-1.

Benje

edit - the OPPO 105 has an IR-IN connection on the back (next to the USB slots) - I used that on my 103D for a wired infra-red connection with my processor.  can you connect your xp6 to the 105 using such a simple cable? (I think I used a 3.5mm mono cable).

Edited by Benje

That should work I do believe as long as you have spare port on xp6.

The programming would obviously need to be altered to change from 232 to ir

RP1 or RP6 or xp6 can output the ir.

RP6 from memory I think needs the 200ishmm long adapter cable for the ir emitter to plug into.

XP6 ir emitter will plug straight into the port and stick on the front of the Oppo or 3.5 to 3.5 mono into the back like you suggested.

Edited by rawl99

Im a Control4 guy myself but I would think RTI should still work after 2.5 yrs. Have you pulled the rs232 plug apart at both ends and checked the connections? Also, if you can find an 'Eco mode' in any of the menus, turn that off.