NETFLIX 4K UHD

I use it regularly and there is certainly plenty of 4K content on Netflix now. Picture Quality is fantastic and at the very least 4K is genuine 4K content on Netflix, unlike the 4K UHD BD standard offering mostly upscale 2K content.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hydrology said:

I use it regularly and there is certainly plenty of 4K content on Netflix now. Picture Quality is fantastic and at the very least 4K is genuine 4K content on Netflix, unlike the 4K UHD BD standard offering mostly upscale 2K content.

What is the bitrate of Netflix 4K? Given BR quality is typically 50Mbps, 4K must be much higher than that. In which case it probably won't fit down the pipeline of 99% of NBN connections, unless you're on a 100Mbps plan that actually delivers what is promised.

18 minutes ago, WhakPak said:

What is the bitrate of Netflix 4K? Given BR quality is typically 50Mbps, 4K must be much higher than that. In which case it probably won't fit down the pipeline of 99% of NBN connections, unless you're on a 100Mbps plan that actually delivers what is promised.

can be upto 100Mbps for uhd blu-ray disc.

netflix only needs 5 mbps for HD and 25 Mbps for UHD so its pretty heavy compression applied and no lossless HD audio or 3D audio for that matter ... they do this so can fit down some connections. 

as per netflix own measurement though, at prime time people are only getting a high of 3.5, av of 2.95 and a low of 2.44 Mbps

https://ispspeedindex.netflix.com/country/australia/

so not quite enough to even support their HD broad cast ! 

right now... things might change in time though :)

I've been on the UHD plan for 5 months. At times it does down scale to blurriness on the 4K material.

At other times, on my very mid level Hisense 55" 7000 series screen it seems genuinely 3D. Not freaky 3D as per the old 3D screens, but real. I think the $3/month is made worth it just because of that. Oh, and the $100/month for the 100Mb NBN line.

I should add though that we have at times 4 different people streaming video at the same time....

Btw, I have tested the internet connection a few times at 80Mbs down and 30Mbs up.

At other times it just drops out, although that is probably less than 5% of the time. It's no less irritating though.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Very rarely do I have any issues streaming 4K from Netflix. In fact, presssing the INFO button on the SONY TV will bring up the nerd tech stats while the stream plays. Usually in the first 20-30 seconds it will start at 720, jump to 1080 then 2160p.

i should add that I am on the 100Mbps plan.

Edited by Hydrology

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On ‎31‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 2:16 PM, EZYHD said:

Is there a specific menu to go, to find the Netflix 4K programmes?, and can one go bak to normal if it doesn't fit the use?.

4K content on your smart TV or via a media box only becomes visible once you subscribe to the 4k service.  However I think you can still go to the Netflix website to find out what's available in 4K.

Cheers,

Alan R.

On ‎23‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 4:12 PM, Hydrology said:

Very rarely do I have any issues streaming 4K from Netflix. In fact, presssing the INFO button on the SONY TV will bring up the nerd tech stats while the stream plays. Usually in the first 20-30 seconds it will start at 720, jump to 1080 then 2160p.

i should add that I am on the 100Mbps plan.

Get Netflix in 4k here via NBN on a 5/25 fixed wireless connection when there isn't an issue with the NBN.

Using the TV's internal stats, the bitrate needs to get up to the 12Mbs/s mark to support full 4K resolution and HDR.

Cheers,

Alan R.

• Like 2