AURALiC Owners & Discussion Thread

Guest scumbag

On 14/04/2017 at 8:37 PM, Qwertyqaz said:

So is Auralic Aries a good audiophile transport these days.

How does it compare to something like the Antipodes ?

Also what about the Roon integration, flawless ?

The Antipodes DX is significantly better and significantly more expensive. The support for Antipodes is first class the support form Aires is third class. Business practices follow the same lines.

On ?19?/?04?/?2017 at 11:44 AM, Qwertyqaz said:

Did anyone get shipping updates on the Aries, have they started posting these out.

As it happens, I got an email from A2A today asking for proof of identity (see below). I photographed my licence, myself (for comparative purposes). my hospital ID tag (I have asked for it to be delivered to me here in hospital, where I have been for almost 7 months, because my wife is blissfully unaware of this purchase), and a photo of why I'm in here in case there was any doubt (see below). Now I'm waiting to be advised that it's on the way.

Dear JukKluk2*,

Thank you for your order ATA-XXXX*. Your payment has been recorded on our system.

However, in order to protect you, our valued customer, from the many fraudulent activities that prevail today, we have increased the security of our system.

To this end, if you could please scan and email us a current copy of a Drivers License or valid photo ID, showing your name and the delivery address, we would greatly appreciate it. Alternatively if you do not have a scanner simply take a photo with your smart phone and send it to our email address. Please make sure to note your order number ATA-XXXX with your email, so we can expedite your order.

Our email address is
team@addictedtoaudio.com.au

We apologise for any inconvenience caused by this extra step in security and thank you for your co-operation.

Addicted To Audio.

*real name and order reference altered for privacy reasons

368.JPG

Edited by JukKluk2

Guest scumbag
1 minute ago, JukKluk2 said:

As it happens, I got an email from A2A today asking for proof of identity (see below). I photographed my licence, myself (for comparative purposes). my hospital ID tag (I have asked for it to be delivered to me here in hospital, where I have been for almost 7 months, because my wife is blissfully unaware of this purchase), and a photo of why I'm in here in case there was any doubt (see below). Now I'm waiting to be advised that it's on the way.

Dear JukKluk2*,

Thank you for your order ATA-XXXX*. Your payment has been recorded on our system.

However, in order to protect you, our valued customer, from the many fraudulent activities that prevail today, we have increased the security of our system.

To this end, if you could please scan and email us a current copy of a Drivers License or valid photo ID, showing your name and the delivery address, we would greatly appreciate it. Alternatively if you do not have a scanner simply take a photo with your smart phone and send it to our email address. Please make sure to note your order number ATA-5028 with your email, so we can expedite your order.

Our email address is
team@addictedtoaudio.com.au

We apologise for any inconvenience caused by this extra step in security and thank you for your co-operation.

Addicted To Audio.

*real name and order reference altered for privacy reasons

368.JPG

looks fake to me.

9 minutes ago, powerav said:

3 weeks! yeah does sound like a long time plus I'm off work today, I will at least get hard drive prepared.

I'd open it very carefully, play with it and then repackage it,  I wouldn't be able to wait that long!

• Like 1

I should be getting my Mini today. My plan was to have no drive and just use Roon. But if I have a spare drive, would anyone recommend I try and give LDS a go? And can you switch between the two easily?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I should be getting my Mini today. My plan was to have no drive and just use Roon. But if I have a spare drive, would anyone recommend I try and give LDS a go? And can you switch between the two easily?

Yes and Yes.

You may find SQ is better from LDS. Interested to hear if others have same finding. Roon stability and UI is miles better.

I've been using the Aries Le for nearly a year, the LDS interface is ok. However the more I use it the better it gets, it has some minor interface nuances that I don't like, but I'm slowly getting over them.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Guest scumbag

Be aware that the first thing that LDS will do is wipe the contents of any harddrive that is inserted internally!:emot-bang: So as per @powerav screenshot, you will need to transfer it SLOWLY over the network.

Well it used to, unless they've improved things in that respect.

Edited by scumbag

Just now, scumbag said:

Be aware that the first thing that LDS will do in wipe the contents of any harddrive that is inserted internally!

Well it used to, unless they've improved things in that respect.:emot-bang:

Yes it still does but it suppose to as it has it's own file system.