Sign in to follow this  
Guest BobbyD

FS: (PERTH WA) AUDIO NOTE P2SE POWER AMPLIFIER WITH EXTERNAL PSU

Guest BobbyD

Item: Audio Note P2SE Power Amplifier with External Power Supply Unit

Location: Perth WA (Prefer local buyer as these are very heavy, but can pack safely for interstate buyers if they arrange their own transport)
Price: $2,500 (Firm)
 with a donation to SNA
Item Condition: Very good relative to age

Reason for selling: Selling for a friend who has upgraded to 300B PSE Mono Blocks

Payment Method: Cash on pick up for locals with direct deposit if shipping interstate.

Extra Info: 

Please do not let the looks fool you, this is a serious single ended Class A amplifier.

·         This unit was previously owned by me hence the reason I am helping out a good friend to sell.

·         It was purchased as a used stock Audio Note P2SE from Audio Synergy in Perth back in about 2004 and it sounded very good, it now sounds amazing with the external power supply unit and upgraded bits fitted by Audio Synergy.

·         Those that know Audio Synergy will understand what Clifford can do with valve rectified power supplies.

·         This baby produces 18 glorious watts of Class A goodness, which means more speaker options (and loudness if that is what you desire, I never found it necessary to crank the volume, as the dynamics where available from the very first watt).

·         The external PSU means you can keep power away from signal and provide loads of quality grunt to control most normal speaker loads (it has been used for a while with 87 db Proac Tablette 2000 and Usher Dancer Mini X and both sounded great).

·         The PSU (refer pics) uses 2 x Philips Miniwatt 5AR4 CV1377 NOS 1962 (1 per channel) and is choke smoothed and connected to the signal unit by 2 leads which attach at rear. It’s all housed in an old AN DAC 1 box.

·         The Signal unit has 2 x 6SL7 (NOS Sylvania) feeding 2 pairs of 6L6 tubes (hence Parallel single ended - refer photo). It has both 4 & 8 Ohm taps.

·         A pre amp is not required as this unit has a volume control, however I would recommend using a valve Pre amp to get the best out of the unit.

·         Please PM me for any questions you may have and I am sure that an audition will not disappoint.

·         Spare valves are included in the sale price – all up you will get - 3 quads of 6L6 , 2 pairs 5AR4 and 2 pairs 6SL7.

·         I am not sure if the electrical disclaimer is required as I did not modify this unit myself, but it is included.

ELECTRICAL DISCLAIMER
This product has not been manufactured by a qualified individual or company, therefore contains electrical circuits that do not necessarily comply with Australian Standards. I understand that as the seller, I may be liable to repercussions in the event of equipment failure. By advertising and selling this product, as the seller I also agree that I am solely liable, and the publisher of this website takes no responsibility for any injury or death resulting from, whether directly or indirectly, any accident that may happen as a result of the failure of the product being sold. If in doubt, seek the services of a qualified electrician to inspect the product to ensure it is safe for use.

Pictures:

post-146680-0-97692300-1420593391.jpg

post-146680-0-53178600-1420593349.jpgpost-146680-0-39113200-1420593308.jpgpost-146680-0-74747100-1420593256.jpgpost-146680-0-54652200-1420593227.jpgpost-146680-0-28019000-1420593328.jpg

Edited by BobbyD
Formatting.

Looks great but sadly I had best take delivery of my GoldenEar Triton Ones at the end of the month before I experiment with new power amps! 

I would really consider this if I hadn't meandered so far down the Naim garden path. 

I have dealt with Sergo before with no issues whatsoever. 

GLWTS

Guest BobbyD
13 minutes ago, crustycottage said:

I would really consider this if I hadn't meandered so far down the Naim garden path. 

I have dealt with Sergo before with no issues whatsoever. 

GLWTS

You would really love this Crusty....:D. Thanks matey

There is no end to the choice and tasty gear available on this Forum!

GLWTS

Guest BobbyD
12 minutes ago, doogie44 said:

There is no end to the choice and tasty gear available on this Forum!

GLWTS

Thanks David, hope you are keeping well.......

Guest BobbyD

I notice we have 8 people following this thread, so in the interests of getting things moving, I would like to advise that I will be heading out of the country on May 1.

If anyone is seriously interested and would like to audition sooner rather than later please PM me while I am still in town as I will be away for 3 weeks looking to catch some waves.

:)

I will be staying tuned to sna while away.

Aloha folks......

Guest BobbyD

:anyone:

Happy to demo to anyone looking for a classy valve amp.

This amp produces 18 W of glorious Class A goodness, check out the power supply........ rugged!!

There are lots of fans out there of 6L6 tubed amps for good reason ;)

There is some very nice gear coming up in Perth. Perhaps you could include Sydney in your surfing trip and bring your amp.

Guest BobbyD
5 minutes ago, Nap250 said:

There is some very nice gear coming up in Perth. Perhaps you could include Sydney in your surfing trip and bring your amp.

Thanks for the kind words @Nap250............. I owned this amp for many years and was very happy, had to spend a "lot" more on my current 300B amp to better this AN.

The beauty with 18W is more speaker options, it was a match made in heaven with my Proac Tablette 2000 and my buddy has been driving some Usher Baby Dancers.....stunning!!!

:thumb:

Guest BobbyD

I have just had the word, sell this amp.

:anyone:

It was listed at $2,500.

This is a serious piece of hifi kit as some of you will know.

A serious offer can make this yours, anyone?

Become an Audio Note owner now.

Guest BobbyD

On hold pending demo and sale.

Guest BobbyD

Now sold and pleased to advise it's gone to a very good home in Perth.

Thanks for all the interest......:thumb:

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MattyW
      Ok, now that I've had my Wavebourn Edelweiss-3 for a few months and it's nicely burned in it's time for me to prepare writing my review of it which I'll post here over the coming month. I'll post my impressions and experience purchasing this wonderful amp from Anatoliy Lisovskiy, who will be releasing the production series of the Edelweiss-3 power amp, an integrated amp and separate preamp over the course of this year.

As I understand it the current production version of the power amp and integrated will all be EL34 though allow and pin compatible tube to be used right through to KT120, possibly even KT150. My own amp on the other hand uses WW2 vintage CV1127 radar sweep tubes.

The reason I initially started looking into a lower powered amp was that 6 months ago I built my first pair of DIY speakers. A pair of shallow cabinet open back speakers which share the performance characteristics of U frame open baffles. Unfortunately the copy darTZeel NHB-108B power amp I was running at the time was far too powerful making my 101db sensitive speakers too loud for regular use so I started investigating lower powered tube amps.

While looking into various solutions someone on AudioKarma pointed me in the direction of Anatoliy's Wavebourn amps and I got in touch via the Wavebourn facebook group. Over the next month or so I had an interesting discussion with Anatoliy about his amps, and their suitabillity to drive my DIY speakers (Lii Audio FAST-10 full range, Aurum Cantus G3Si ribbon, Skar Audio VX1ST bullet & Lii Audio W-15 woofer) and this led to discussions of his amps variable damping factors allowing suitabillity with a wide range of speakers. A feature which I believe may well be unique to the Wavebourn amps.

Overall details of the amp are as follows:

Input: 0 dB (0.775V) RCA, 50K stereo.
      Outputs: low ohm for 4-6 Ohm and high ohm, for 8-12 Ohm load.
      Power: at least 6W for <1% total harmonic distortions.
      Soft asymmetric saturation (inaudible clipping), negative output resistance for damping of woofers (servo-control of speakers).
      Bandwidth: 10 Hz-90 KHz -3 dB, from 20 Hz full power.

Tubes:

Raytheon VT127 (CV1127) radar sweep power tubes.
      8CB11 driver/preamp tube (twin video pentode – filament powered from rectified DC for zero audible hum.
      VR150 / Russian SG4S voltage regulator (purple glow).
      VR tube and solid state MOSFET voltage regulation.  The “Edelweiss” series derives it’s name from this. A beautiful flower which grows amongst hard mountain rocks.
      Selectable speaker damping

In order to support different speaker design types such as open baffles, horns, closed and ported boxes, there’s a damping factor switch that controls output resistance of the amplifier.
       Position 1 is the first on the left.
      1.       High output resistance (like pentode output with no feedback), sometimes referred to as "Current driving mode".
      2.       Similar to SET with no feedback.
      3.       SET with some feedback.
      4.       Negative output resistance for active servo-damping of woofers.

With a little experimentation I soon found that I prefer the negative output resistance setting, which is actually Anatoliy's own preference. Probably the least tube like sounding setting giving tight, accurate bass where other modes seem a bit looser. This is what I've continued to use since the first week I received the amp.
    • By vik74au
      Item: Emotiva XPA-5 Gen 1 Power Amplifier
      Price: $1,000
      Item Condition: Excellent, perfect working condition
      Reason for selling: Upgraded
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info:
      5 x 200w RMS @ 8 Ohms (all channels driven), see below photo for more specs

Excellent working condition
      Sole owner since new
      Been nowhere near pets nor anybody smoking throughout its life.

Although I still have the original box, it is for pick up only as this amp is very heavy. 

Photos: 

• By mrf0ster
      Item: PrimaLuna EVO 400 Tube Integrated Amplifier (KT77) Black
      Price: $5000.00  ONO (RRP: $7928.00)
      Item Condition: MINT (UNMARKED with ALL ORIGINAL PACKAGING)
      Reason for selling: Change in personal circumstances
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, COD Only
      Extra Info> Surely someone wants to spoil themselves for 2020! Last month to grab before this get packed away before my new placement OS. 

It is with the utmost regret and disappointment that I am selling this tube amp. Due to a change in personal circumstances I can no longer enjoy the sweet sweet sounds. (This amp is only 5 months old.)
      I am open to any reasonable offer.
      Thank you.

Product Description:
      https://www.primaluna-usa.com/primaluna-evo-400-tube-integrated

Extra Info:

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By Yogus
      Item: Bottlehead Crack with Speedball Upgrade and Tube Upgrades (Chatham 6080WA, Brimar CV4003)
      Price: $700 ono
      Item Condition: Excellent
      Reason for selling: Upgraded to Crackatwoa
      Extra Info:

This headphone valve amp was built by myself in December 2018. I've used it up until November 2019 when I upgraded to a Crackatwoa. An excellent amp for high impedance cans such as Sennheiser HD650/600, Beyerdynamics and ZMFs.

This will come with the stock tubes (RCA 6080s and GE input tubes) as well as tube upgrades for both the output and inputs: Chatham 6080WA and Brimar CV4003, all NOS when purchased. This combination of tubes gives a punchy and musical sound with a little bit of sparkle, yet losing none of the rich mids that valve amps are known for. The Chatham 6080WAs are sonic equivalents of Tungsol 6080s, which are ridiculously hard to find and are one of the most popular tubes used on Bottlehead Cracks.

The finish is a Scandinavian Oil with a spray painted dark grey metal top plate. (There are some imperfections in the spray painting).

I have other tubes that can be sold either together with the amp or separately (not included in the purchase price). All NOS and used briefly for testing.

GEC 6080 - +$200 - a much warmer, sweeter tube than the Chatham 6080WA Tungsol 5998 +$200 - enough said...  Tungsol 6080 +$100 - punchy, musical  
      Photos:

• By MooCow
      Item: Audio Note Trans-152 Output Transformers
      Price: 320 for pair
      Item Condition: Used
      Reason for selling: Upgraded to c-cores
      Extra Info: These are genuine Audio Note Trans-152 OPTs that have been in use on an Audio Note 300b SET.  I have upgraded to AN Trans-305 c-cores.

Specs: https://www.hificollective.co.uk/catalog/trans152-p-366.html

Replacement cost approx $800.

Can ship in quality packaging.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.