Aussieamps

Holton Zero Five Zero Introductory Offer!

5 minutes ago, 125dBmonster said:

They are rather pretty amplifiers :love congratulations

Now for the review

A review will be forthcoming but patience will be required from all of us, me included. I'm going to run a single one for a week or so to get used to the sound again, then I'm buggering off overseas for 6 weeks and on my return I'll run the single one again then play around with different configurations as mono blocks- long xlrs, short speaker cables-long speaker cables, short xlrs etc. All the time though there will be lots of lovely music bar that 6 weeks overseas.

12 hours ago, Hergest said:

A review will be forthcoming but patience will be required from all of us, me included. I'm going to run a single one for a week or so to get used to the sound again, then I'm buggering off overseas for 6 weeks and on my return I'll run the single one again then play around with different configurations as mono blocks- long xlrs, short speaker cables-long speaker cables, short xlrs etc. All the time though there will be lots of lovely music bar that 6 weeks overseas.

All good I'm listening to one now :P Was actually privvy to having a listen to the transformers you have in those in the 050 I have in service now, lovely quiet transformer. A few others have also been tried as part of development of mine for the ML CLS's

Enjoy the time away and setting everything up properly on return 

Good Luck 

matt

Hi Anthony, any further development/news on the 050 intergrated?

Sponsor
On 10/10/2017 at 11:53 PM, wen said:

Hi Anthony, any further development/news on the 050 intergrated?

Hi Wen

Sorry for the late reply, it has been a bit crazy getting ready for the HiFi Show in Melbourne.

Not much to report at the moment, once the show is done and dusted, will be getting back into the development of the integrated amplifier.

and If all goes well will have something to show sometime in December.

Just in time for Christmas, cool!

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Aussieamps
      Item: Holton One-Zero-Zero Power Amplifier
      Price: $2190.00 ($2490.00 Retail)
      Item Condition:Brand New (3YR Warranty)
      Reason for selling: Christmas Special
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Direct deposit, Credit Card
      Extra Info:

I have for Sale two only Holton One-Zero-Zero power amplifiers.
      Normal price is $2490.00 Sale price is $2190.00 including delivery Australia wide.
      These are the amplifiers as seen and heard at the International HiFi Show 2017.

Power Output 2 x 100 watts into 8 Ohms and 2 x 160 Watts 4 Ohms Class A/B Fully Balanced Circuit Topology 2 Ohm permissible XLR balanced inputs with the option of RCA inputs. Great sounding circuit topology that Holton amplifiers are known for. 80,000uf of DC supply filtering in the standard model Bridgeable into a high power mono block amplifier. On board AC power controller with Inrush current limiting soft start. Lightning fast loudspeaker protection. Super quiet turn on and turn off. 12 volt trigger remote power on/off option. Precision full aluminum chassis with CNC milled AL front panel. Weight 10kg  

Pictures:

• By Aussieamps
      I have for Sale two only Holton One-Zero-Zero power amplifiers.
      Normal price is $2490.00 Sale price is $2190.00 including delivery Australia wide.
      These are the amplifiers as seen and heard at the International HiFi Show 2017.

Power Output 2 x 100 watts into 8 Ohms and 2 x 160 Watts 4 Ohms Class A/B Fully Balanced Circuit Topology 2 Ohm permissible XLR balanced inputs with the option of RCA inputs. Great sounding circuit topology that Holton amplifiers are known for. 80,000uf of DC supply filtering in the standard model Bridgeable into a high power mono block amplifier. On board AC power controller with Inrush current limiting soft start. Lightning fast loudspeaker protection. Super quiet turn on and turn off. 12 volt trigger remote power on/off option. Precision full aluminum chassis with CNC milled AL front panel.  

• By evil c
        Item : Arcam Alpha 10P Power amplifier 3 x 100w 
      Price: $350
      Item Condition: very good
      Reason for selling:fund Xmas GTG 
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info: Have used this very successfully as part of a 7.1 home theatre setup for front 3 channels.
      Plenty of power on tap and would also work very well as a dedicated 2 channel power amp in a stereo system.
      Quality British gear too with excellent sound quality in this price range.
      Now willing to post at cost

P
      i

Pictures:

• By Ittaku
      Item: Audio Research Classic 60 Valve Stereo Power Amplifier
      Price: $4000
      Item Condition: Very Good
      Reason for selling: Upgraded
      Extra Info: This is a legendary stereo power amplifier with quad matched Sovtek 6550 output valves which still have an estimated ~1000 hours life on them. These valves turn this already great sounding amplifier into an amazingly lifelike musical presentation. This amp's 60W rating belies just how capable this amp is at driving complex loads with ease. It still rivals most amplifiers available today. Despite being a valve amp, like all ARC power amps it is actually a hybrid amp with a solid state input stage and valve output stage. There is a minor warp on the tube cage and a cracked plastic capacitor cover (no effect on functionality). It is an original 240V one for the Australian market. This amp has been lovingly taken care of since it was purchased and I still have the original packaging and manual.

Manual:
       http://www.audioresearch.com/ContentsFiles/CL60 Manual.pdf

Pictures:

• By mlinvpp
      Item: Primare A32 2 X 250w  power amplifier
      Price: SOLD
      Item Condition: Very good
      Reason for selling: thinking tube amp
      Extra Info: 
      Selling my Primare A32 power amp, I don't have suitable box so it is for local pickup only. A bit of history of this amp, I purchased it from a SNA member/friend and have it for about 2 years,  it's very reliable, I hope it finds a good home.
      Please send PM if interested.

Useful links:
      http://www.primare.net/product.asp?ProductID=45&d=2

https://www.lifestylestore.com.au/primare-a32-2-x-250-watt-power-amplifier.html

Specs:
      Design: High Current Dual Mono Fully Balanced Power Amplifier.
      Transformer: 2000VA toroidal transformer.
      A total of 180 000 uF electrolytes in the power supply.
      Speaker Terminals: Dual set of speaker terminals for each channel.
      Inputs: Balanced (RCA) and Unbalanced (XLR) inputs.
      Input impedance: 15kohm, RCA and XLR
      Output Power (both channels driven): 2x250W 8ohms load 20Hz-20Khz; 2x400W 4ohms load 20Hz-20KHz
      THD+N: below 0.05% in both cases.
      THD+N: 1kHz, 250W, 8 ohm load below 0.01%.
      Frequency Response: 20Hz-100kHz –0.5dB
      Noise: below –100dBV
      Gain: 26dB unbalanced, 20dB balanced.
      Trigger Input Range: 4-15V
      Finish: in Titanium silver
      Weight: 40kg
      Dimensions (WxHxD): 430 x 546 x 216mm (With Feet)

Pictures: