EXPIRED: Holton Zero Five Zero Introductory Offer!

5 minutes ago, 125dBmonster said:

They are rather pretty amplifiers :love congratulations

Now for the review

A review will be forthcoming but patience will be required from all of us, me included. I'm going to run a single one for a week or so to get used to the sound again, then I'm buggering off overseas for 6 weeks and on my return I'll run the single one again then play around with different configurations as mono blocks- long xlrs, short speaker cables-long speaker cables, short xlrs etc. All the time though there will be lots of lovely music bar that 6 weeks overseas.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Hergest said:

A review will be forthcoming but patience will be required from all of us, me included. I'm going to run a single one for a week or so to get used to the sound again, then I'm buggering off overseas for 6 weeks and on my return I'll run the single one again then play around with different configurations as mono blocks- long xlrs, short speaker cables-long speaker cables, short xlrs etc. All the time though there will be lots of lovely music bar that 6 weeks overseas.

All good I'm listening to one now :P Was actually privvy to having a listen to the transformers you have in those in the 050 I have in service now, lovely quiet transformer. A few others have also been tried as part of development of mine for the ML CLS's

Enjoy the time away and setting everything up properly on return 

Good Luck 

matt

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/10/2017 at 11:53 PM, wen said:

Hi Anthony, any further development/news on the 050 intergrated?

Hi Wen

Sorry for the late reply, it has been a bit crazy getting ready for the HiFi Show in Melbourne.

Not much to report at the moment, once the show is done and dusted, will be getting back into the development of the integrated amplifier.

and If all goes well will have something to show sometime in December.

• 2 months later...

Hi @Cafad

Sorry for the late reply, I have been on a Holiday break for the last 4 weeks or so.

I am currently developing the Zero-Zero-One stand alone preamp for my power amp range, this will be released in about 4 weeks.

From that development will come the integrated amplifier. Its taken a lot longer than I would have liked, but The HiFi show and Christmas break last year have taken priority.

Which has delayed any development for the integrated amp, the upside it will ultimately be a better product and not rushed out.

I hope this helps you?

7 minutes ago, Sir Sanders Zingmore said:

ooh interesting :) 

Any details ?

Hi @Sir Sanders Zingmore

The new preamp will be a purest-artisan approach, so no remote control will be offered.

It will have Gold Point 24 position stepped stereo attentuator, fully balanced topology with touch panel 3 selectable analog inputs, headphone amplifier and 12v trigger output to control

the current range of Holton power amplifiers.

Balanced and unbalanced inputs and outputs as well as unbalanced Record stereo outputs.

It will also be fitted out with high quality MKP film capacitors for the inputs and outputs for the highest sound quality.

The power supplies will also be very low noise and of the highest quality.

The preamp chassis will be the same CNC machined quality as the Holton Five-Zero-Zero power amplifiers.

I hope this helps :)

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, Aussieamps said:

Hi @Sir Sanders Zingmore

The new preamp will be a purest-artisan approach, so no remote control will be offered.

It will have Gold Point 24 position stepped stereo attentuator, fully balanced topology with touch panel 3 selectable analog inputs, headphone amplifier and 12v trigger output to control

Balanced and unbalanced inputs and outputs as well as unbalanced Record stereo outputs.

It will also be fitted out with high quality MKP film capacitors for the inputs and outputs for the highest sound quality.

The preamp chassis will be the same CNC machined quality as the Holton Five-Zero-Zero power amplifiers.

I like the sound that ;)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Aussieamps said:

Hi @Cafad

Sorry for the late reply, I have been on a Holiday break for the last 4 weeks or so.

I am currently developing the Zero-Zero-One stand alone preamp for my power amp range, this will be released in about 4 weeks.

From that development will come the integrated amplifier. Its taken a lot longer than I would have liked, but The HiFi show and Christmas break last year have taken priority.

Which has delayed any development for the integrated amp, the upside it will ultimately be a better product and not rushed out.

I hope this helps you?

No worries Anthony I was checking to make sure I hadn't missed anything over the holidays. 

Just let me know when it is ready and you can take my money then.  :thumb:

3 minutes ago, Mike13 said:

Do you have to turn it manually on the box? I can understand that for a headphone amp where you are next to it. 

Having had a manual system for many years it isn't too bad you get up and walk a few yards. I have found with the manual volume it is much easier to find a level that you like.

1 hour ago, Mike13 said:

How do you control volume without a remote?

The ancient method, used for millennia, is to get closer to the speakers if you want it to be louder, or move further away if you want it to be quieter.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Aussieamps said:

Hi @Sir Sanders Zingmore

Aaah, no mention of a HT by-pass???

I’m going to have to google ‘knob’ and how to use it. I think I remember one from when I was watching cartoons in the mid 80s ?

Would I be alone in wanting a remote for volume? Or is that the HT bypass comment (in that you would use your HT remote)? HT remote would be best because then you don’t have two.

My ideal is to have my phone control everything from as few apps as possible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JukKluk2 said:

The ancient method, used for millennia, is to get closer to the speakers if you want it to be louder, or move further away if you want it to be quieter.

Thus requiring both a large room and a light chair.

• Like 1

I have spent a lot of time thinking about this as well as the possible solutions.

1. I am a tight when it comes to money, so I try not to use a pre at all. If I listen via a streamer/nas/computer/whatever I will either use the computer or an app on some electronic device on which I can change the volume and many other things. It is certainly a lot more convenient and cheaper. But, does it give the best sound?

2. So if I think I do need a pre - which is necessary if you have multiple sources and would like to adjust things from you sit, or if you want the best possible sound(?), then there are a few options, e.g.: a remote or setting up the room that the equipment is next to the listening chair.

The dilemma is if your pre of choice do not have a remote!

So what I was thinking and researching about, is a device that can be operated with a remote that you could put next to the pre and then connect it in some fashion so that this device adjust the volume for you. Should be easy some form of rotary action and rubber band could do the trick. (There are examples on the net :) ).

Still trying to figure out a cost effective remote controlled hand or finger to press the right buttons :lol:.

@Jventer

I like your thinking Mate

48 minutes ago, Jventer said:

connect it in some fashion so that this device adjust the volume for you. Should be easy some form of rotary action and rubber band could do the trick

Nice 

I have spent a lot of time thinking about this as well as the possible solutions.
1. I am a tight when it comes to money, so I try not to use a pre at all. If I listen via a streamer/nas/computer/whatever I will either use the computer or an app on some electronic device on which I can change the volume and many other things. It is certainly a lot more convenient and cheaper. But, does it give the best sound?
2. So if I think I do need a pre - which is necessary if you have multiple sources and would like to adjust things from you sit, or if you want the best possible sound(?), then there are a few options, e.g.: a remote or setting up the room that the equipment is next to the listening chair.
The dilemma is if your pre of choice do not have a remote!
So what I was thinking and researching about, is a device that can be operated with a remote that you could put next to the pre and then connect it in some fashion so that this device adjust the volume for you. Should be easy some form of rotary action and rubber band could do the trick. (There are examples on the net [emoji4] ).
Still trying to figure out a cost effective remote controlled hand or finger to press the right buttons :lol:.

You need to talk to Wylie Coyote at Acme Products, he’s all over that sort of thing.
  • Like 1