Aussieamps

Holton Zero Five Zero Introductory Offer!

5 minutes ago, 125dBmonster said:

They are rather pretty amplifiers :love congratulations

Now for the review

A review will be forthcoming but patience will be required from all of us, me included. I'm going to run a single one for a week or so to get used to the sound again, then I'm buggering off overseas for 6 weeks and on my return I'll run the single one again then play around with different configurations as mono blocks- long xlrs, short speaker cables-long speaker cables, short xlrs etc. All the time though there will be lots of lovely music bar that 6 weeks overseas.

12 hours ago, Hergest said:

A review will be forthcoming but patience will be required from all of us, me included. I'm going to run a single one for a week or so to get used to the sound again, then I'm buggering off overseas for 6 weeks and on my return I'll run the single one again then play around with different configurations as mono blocks- long xlrs, short speaker cables-long speaker cables, short xlrs etc. All the time though there will be lots of lovely music bar that 6 weeks overseas.

All good I'm listening to one now :P Was actually privvy to having a listen to the transformers you have in those in the 050 I have in service now, lovely quiet transformer. A few others have also been tried as part of development of mine for the ML CLS's

Enjoy the time away and setting everything up properly on return 

Good Luck 

matt

Hi Anthony, any further development/news on the 050 intergrated?

Sponsor
On 10/10/2017 at 11:53 PM, wen said:

Hi Anthony, any further development/news on the 050 intergrated?

Hi Wen

Sorry for the late reply, it has been a bit crazy getting ready for the HiFi Show in Melbourne.

Not much to report at the moment, once the show is done and dusted, will be getting back into the development of the integrated amplifier.

and If all goes well will have something to show sometime in December.

Hey Anthony, is there an updated timeline for the availability of the Integrated Zero-Five-Zero.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By lasseo
      Item: Rotel 1582 Stereo Power Amplifier, 2 x 200 W into 8 ohms
      Price: $850 ono
      Item Condition: Used, good-as-new
      Reason for selling: Downsizing
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal +3%, EFTPOS
      Extra Info: Half the price of Mk II rrp, as far as I can tell the only differences are stand-by power consumption (not quoted here vs. <0.5W on Mk II) and inconsequential increase in damping factor (800 vs 1000 on Mk II). Bought this from a Stereo Net member a few years ago, and have been using this for subwoofer duties. It absolutely rocks, despite never been driven to even half-power due to the max output voltage limit of the MiniDSP! Well anybody familiar with Rotel products will know the quoted output figures are on the conservative side, and I don't think I will ever go back to plate amplifiersd. Despite the muscle, it would not be out of place as main amplifier either, if the previous owner and these reviews are anything to go by:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1-ODTJdxnndQkJJa21VQVB3NFk/edit
      http://www.rotel.com/sites/default/files/RB1582_RC1580_WhatHifi_Mar11.pdf
      http://www.rotel.com/sites/default/files/RCD1520_RC1580_RB1582_HiFiChoice_Sep09.pdf
      https://www.rotel.com.au/blogs/reviews-resources/11026613-hi-fi-news-reviews-the-unstoppable-2x200w-rb-1582-rc-1580

Specifications:

Continuous Power Output: 200 watts/channel, (20-20 kHz, < 0.03%, 8 ohms)
      Total Harmonic Distortion: <0.03% (20Hz-20kHz, 8 ohms)
      Intermodulation Distortion: <0.03% (60 Hz : 7 kHz, 4:1)
      Frequency Response: 15Hz - 100kHz ( +0.5, –3dB)
      Damping Factor: 800 (20-20,000 Hz, 8 ohms)
      Speaker Impedance: 4 ohms minimum
      Signal to Noise Ratio: 116 dB(IHF A network)
      Input Impedance/Sensitivity: 12 k Ohms/1.9 volt
      Gain: 26.5 dB
      Dimensions: 
      Width x Height x Depth 431 x 144 x 407 mm
      Front Panel Height 3U / 132.6mm
      Weight (net) 17.1kg

Dual binding posts for output terminals
      12V trigger input
      Owner's manual

Local pick-up would be preferred, would be willing to organise drop-off in Geelong area or Melbourne western suburbs. Shipping insured and tracked only, however I don't have the original box and it's one heavy beast so buyer discretion applies.

What looks like a blemish on the top in the photo is dust, not a mark on the front or top cover.
      Pictures:

• By LWA Staff
      Item: Krell KAV-250a Power Amplifier
      Location: Len Wallis Audio HQ - 64 Burns Bay Road, Lane Cove, NSW
      Price: $2000
      Item Condition: Very good
      Payment Method: Cash, credit cards, PayPal, Bank Transfer
      Extra Info:
      This early 1990's build has been fully tested by us. Some say that Krell's can be a little cold but we don't hear that at all. This unit offer a majestic and satisfying performances in spades!
      What you're looking at a 250 Watt per Ch (at 8 Ohm) proposition with a 2kW trans - more than enough mumbo to drive the fussiest of speakers but of course it's not all about numbers.
      This is an accurate, fast and natural amp with a broad sound stage and dynamic capabilities.
      Krell certainly over-engineered these units to last and this one is no exception.
      Will provide enjoyment for years to come.  
      Pictures:

• By tcliffo1
      Hey everyone, thought I would share some pictures of my BAT VK500 before I send it away to the United States for repair

I emailed Balanced Audio Technology a couple of months to see if they had any idea about what was causing the crackle/popping sound coming from the right channel of the VK500. I expected to get some generic email, but to my surprise the owner of the company Victor Khomenko responded directly to my email to see if he could provide some assistance. Since my initial email to Victor he has really been a great help and has replied promptly to all my inquiries. BAT's customer support really is a testament to how good of a company Balanced Audio Technology really is. They build good gear and offer great support.

Here's a Stereophile interview with Victor from a few years back: https://www.stereophile.com/interviews/767/index.html

I'm not a technician but I managed to remove both Channel's from the amplifier with little trouble.

Anyways here are the pics and will hopefully have it shipped by the end of the week.

• By Aussieamps
      Item: Holton One-Zero-Zero Power Amplifier
      Price: $2090.00 ($2490.00 Retail) or make an offer!
      Item Condition:Brand New (3YR Warranty)
      Reason for selling: Christmas Special
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Direct deposit, Credit Card
      Extra Info:

I have for Sale two only Holton One-Zero-Zero power amplifiers.
      Normal price is $2490.00 Sale price is $2190.00 including delivery Australia wide.
      These are the amplifiers as seen and heard at the International HiFi Show 2017.

Power Output 2 x 100 watts into 8 Ohms and 2 x 160 Watts 4 Ohms Class A/B Fully Balanced Circuit Topology 2 Ohm permissible XLR balanced inputs with the option of RCA inputs. Great sounding circuit topology that Holton amplifiers are known for. 80,000uf of DC supply filtering in the standard model Bridgeable into a high power mono block amplifier. On board AC power controller with Inrush current limiting soft start. Lightning fast loudspeaker protection. Super quiet turn on and turn off. 12 volt trigger remote power on/off option. Precision full aluminum chassis with CNC milled AL front panel. Weight 10kg  

Pictures:

• By Aussieamps
      I have for Sale two only Holton One-Zero-Zero power amplifiers.
      Normal price is $2490.00 Sale price is $2090.00 including delivery Australia wide or make an offer!
      These are the amplifiers as seen and heard at the International HiFi Show 2017.

Power Output 2 x 100 watts into 8 Ohms and 2 x 160 Watts 4 Ohms Class A/B Fully Balanced Circuit Topology 2 Ohm permissible XLR balanced inputs with the option of RCA inputs. Great sounding circuit topology that Holton amplifiers are known for. 80,000uf of DC supply filtering in the standard model Bridgeable into a high power mono block amplifier. On board AC power controller with Inrush current limiting soft start. Lightning fast loudspeaker protection. Super quiet turn on and turn off. 12 volt trigger remote power on/off option. Precision full aluminum chassis with CNC milled AL front panel.