Aussieamps

Holton Zero Five Zero Introductory Offer!

Sponsor

I have available one Holton NX050 stereo power amplifier for sale at an introductory price $1090.00AUD Normal Retail price is $1599.00AUD
Email: [email protected] for details or PM for more details.

• Power output: 2 x 50 watts/8 Ohms and 80 watts/4 Ohms
  • Class A/B
  • 2 Ohm permissible for short periods
  • XLR balanced inputs with the option of RCA inputs.
  • Great sounding circuit topology that Holton amplifiers are known for.
  • 80,000uf of DC supply filtering in the standard model
  • Up-gradable to higher performance 100 watt model.
  • Bridgeable into a high power mono block amplifier 160 watts/8 Ohms
  • On board AC power controller with Inrush current limiting soft start.
  • Lightning fast loudspeaker protection.
  • Super quiet turn on and turn off.
  • 12 volt trigger remote power on/off option.
  • Precision full aluminum chassis with CNC milled AL front panel.

NX050 Amp_1.jpg

Beautiful craftsmanship and a bargain! I have a larger Holton kit built amp that cost about the same and absolutely love it.

This amp would be a match made in heaven driving KEF LS50's in a normal sized listening room.

Edited by robmid

I heard this last week sounding great. It's so quiet it give me a fright when the music started. The finish is very high quality. It's a bargain at this price. Apparently it paired very well with my wyred 4 sound stp se preamp that was in Anthony's workshop for a checkup.

Sponsor

Hi Simon

Here you go!

I hope this helps you?

Cheers Anthony

Holton Audio

NX050 Amp_2.jpg

Guest Sime

@Aussieamps wow, if I was in tassie, I'd def come and try that, especially at the price point. 

Sponsor

There is only one available at this price, why not just buy it!

Guest Sime

Simply because I'll never ever buy before I try. 

Beautiful craftsmanship and a bargain! I have a larger Holton kit built amp that cost about the same and absolutely love it.

This amp would be a match made in heaven driving KEF LS50's in a normal sized listening room.

I've heard the prototype of this mate. It would be a nice match for the sexy little KEFs.

@Aussieamps

Looks great. Do you do a pre and/or an integrated also?

This is highly evolved advanced power amplifier cutting edge stuff, with more than 25 years of power amplifier design put in by a pro amp builder that is normally involved in building mega monster amps for the Audiophiles of Europe. I personally wouldn't underestimate the hifi character of such a beautiful well presented piece from the Holton Foundry where this was struck

The amp is built of milled aluminium plate the thinnest is 3 mm for top and bottom covers, billet mass loaded feet

The center mezzanine the 7mm front and 5mm back acts like a mass damping heat sinking structure to eliminate physical noise from the transformer and keep operating temperature low

It has on board speaker protection and soft start that is processor controlled with solid state relays at the speaker outputs to protect those very expensive drivers and dividing networks

It has 80 000 uf of capacitors on board which is normally reserved for amps 3 times it's size

Australian Made Harbuch 225va Transformer which is engineered to run at 100% of its nominal rating  100% surge ability

It does run a pair of Martin Logan CLS's in an addictive way meaning if dinner is on the table and you want to finish the track, you will leave the dinner a min to finish the track, inviting and transfixing detail, soundstage and 3D image.

It sounds warm and timbred on the ML's like a very good 300B tube amp.

The circuit board quality is normally reserved for only the World's best, 2 ounce copper through plated with gold and has SMD and through hole components of exceptionally high grade and accuracy, the best one can get actually

It's designed for a lifetime of enjoyment and ultimate reliability on any speaker system, for me personally a keeper as I have built 2 and have 2 more to do, which will replace some monster amps on a highly efficient PSE144, 4 way stereo rig that has been under development for a year or so. The thing is, they are just, better, quieter on 107dB horns and desirable after a taste

The amp has the most minimal noise floor, no physical transformer hum and has been well vetted by it's maker and myself as a quality piece of loved hifi kit in a 300 x 200 x 100mm package.

THere is plenty more I can say about this Holton 050 Rev 1.5, 50w x 2, as in it can be upgraded easily to 100w x 2 and already has an add on update for the driver stage  the Maker has been playing about with

BARGAIN, cost me more to actually have the parts made/purchase, even the transformer is small batch custom and not available off the shelf

GLWS Anthony

44 minutes ago, rantan said:

@Aussieamps

Looks great. Do you do a pre and/or an integrated also?

Just to help out, there is almost literally no more room in the amp for "integration stage" or quality pre amplifier to suit the myriad of cartridge loadings,

its a power amp and the final stage from your other quality seperate compontery 

8 minutes ago, 125dBmonster said:

Just to help out, there is almost literally no more room in the amp for "integration stage" or quality pre amplifier to suit the myriad of cartridge loadings,

its a power amp and the final stage from your other quality seperate compontery 

Fair enough. I do get it that space maybe at a premium, but finding a synergy with a pre amp is time consuming and not always successful

2 minutes ago, rantan said:

Fair enough. I do get it that space maybe at a premium, but finding a synergy with a pre amp is time consuming and not always successful

There is only one way to find out :) 

4 minutes ago, 125dBmonster said:

There is only one way to find out :) 

Indeed. The thing is, I have zero interest in trying to borrow and audition a dozen suitable pre amps that may work well with it:)

Edited by rantan

Sponsor

Hi Rantan

Feel free to ask all the questions you want:)

Sponsor

Hi Fullrange

I can do a special on the Class A modules for you now if you want?

Edited by Aussieamps

Lovely looking bit of kit.

I had a yarn and a quiet beer last year with Anthony in the lounge/bar at Marc's show and he had his big amps on display and didn't want to take them back to Tassie and offered them at a  really keen price. And yes he was tired and worn out at the time. If I could of knocked a 0 off them I'd of grabbed them:love

But alas still way out of my league but I think Marc has them now in his system so perhaps they never went back over Bass Strait.

@Aussieamps  Anthony, what are it's dimensions and weight?

6 minutes ago, Aussieamps said:

Hi Fullrange

I can do a special on the Class A modules for you now if you want?

Thanks 

We can discuss after Easter 

While everyone is on holiday - it's the opposite for me 

FR

@Aussieamps

I have a spare integrated that I want to use as a pre amp. It has pre out facility so with your Zero Five Zero , would this be a straightforward input to your power amp?

This could make for a nice combination if so:)

Sponsor

Hi Rantan

The 050 amp can be configured for balanced and RCA inputs so it would match nicely with your existing Preamp outputs.:)

1 minute ago, Aussieamps said:

Hi Rantan

The 050 amp can be configured for balanced and RCA inputs so it would match nicely with your existing Preamp outputs.:)

Cheers for that.

A couple of other things if I may. What is involved in the upgrade to the higher performance amp and what would be the approximate cost?

Thanks.

Sponsor

It a fairly straightforward up grade requires a larger power transformer and higher supply rails.

the higher power version is additional $300.00