EXPIRED: Holton Zero Five Zero Introductory Offer!

33 minutes ago, Cardiiiii said:

Is it possible to make just the SE/SNE letters orange as well?

Yes is would be possible to get the SE letters infilled with Orange :)

Just not possible to show this with my current CAD package.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi Guys   Thought you would like an update on the preamp and integrated amplifier.   Currently I am buried in the design of the stand alone pre-amp, which is moving ahead very well

With respect, I disagree entirely I think it is pretty well established that this will be kept as simple as possible and I have not seen any evidence here of people wanting DAC, 12v switching or

Ok This is what can be offered for the Integrated SE Amplifier.     Basic model just with manual volume and electronic 3 input selection, HT Bypass 12 volt trigger remote power on/off,

Posted Images

I reckon we should have a variable illumination intensity, orange neon light which flashes SNA every 8.34 seconds and an orange and black tiger stripe pattern on the remote. Just keeping it simple ,nothing flashy you see.:P

Edited by rantan

I'd like to throw my hat in the ring........but, it's silver for me too. Basic integrated, three unbalanced inputs plus remote.

40 minutes ago, mikey d said:

I reckon a pr of 12AX7s in the pre stage would sweeten things up :)

40 minutes ago, mikey d said:

I reckon a pr of 12AX7s in the pre stage would sweeten things up :)

hmmm why not 12AU7s :)

20 minutes ago, Cardiiiii said:

Will there be space? And how much would it add to the cost?

Just joking it will be all solid state :)

One of the components I am looking to use with the 050 Integrated amplifier is the TKD ladder attenuators.

These are a very high quality high precision audio volume control, with very precise tracking between channels.

They also use a laser trimmer conductive plastic rather than the normal carbon trimmed pots.

By all reports these are most excellent sounding audio attenuators.

http://www.partsconnexion.com/tkd_64185.html

2 minutes ago, 125dBmonster said:

Nice pot Anthony

Do you get a knob with it as well :) for all those US$$$ ?

I guess there is no substitute for good gear

Hi Matt

You can be sure I will not be purchasing them from the usual retail suppliers.

But at wholesale prices, looking at buying directly from the manufacture.

Also I thinkl I will get a custome knob machined for this one. :)

2 minutes ago, 125dBmonster said:

Nice pot Anthony

Hi Matt

You can be sure I will not be purchasing them from the usual retail suppliers.

But at wholesale prices, looking at buying directly from the manufacture.

Also I thinkl I will get a custome knob machined for this one. :)

48 minutes ago, 125dBmonster said:

Nice pot Anthony

Look like my post got tripled! :)

Edited by Aussieamps

1 minute ago, ray4410 said:

nice sounding pot i use the tkd motorised volume pot in my ME 25 preamp.

Hi Ray

Yes I have heard they sound better than the Alps Blue Velvet pot.

So I am looking forward to trying them out. :)

Would have to endorse the upgrade to dual lateral FET"s and the larger transformer, well worth the extra few dollars IMHO. I have tried both and the upgrade is excellent value for double the oomph :) 

Hi Anthony,

given that this thread is now 7 pages with many iterations it would be helpful if you would provide a summary of what this amp will include (including options) if possible. 

23 minutes ago, Nap250 said:

Hi Anthony,

given that this thread is now 7 pages with many iterations it would be helpful if you would provide a summary of what this amp will include (including options) if possible. 

Hi NAP250

Yes I agree here is a list of features and possible options.

Active driven pre-amp as apposed to a passive pre-amp section in the integrated amplifier.

3 actively selectable analog inputs.

High quality high precision analog volume control.

HT Bypass

Built in power controller with inrush current limiting and loudspeaker protection

12 volt trigger remote turn on/off

Colour option for front and back CNC panels; Aluminium Silver or Black anodised

Orange or RED power button illumination

At this stage I am not keen on a remote control, only to keep with the KISS principal. :)

Also not a great selection of remote controlled volume pots available.

So in the interests of the best possible sound quailty no remote controlled volume. :)

29 minutes ago, Aussieamps said:

At this stage I am not keen on a remote control, only to keep with the KISS principal. :)

Also not a great selection of remote controlled volume pots available.

So in the interests of the best possible sound quailty no remote controlled volume. :)

Suppose I could do with the exercise!

• Administrators

If there's a RED LED it's not a StereoNET Edition (SE) IMO :P