Sign in to follow this  
Aussieamps

EXPIRED: Holton Zero Five Zero Introductory Offer!

I love the design of the 0-5-0, the use of only one transistor pair (so far I've loved every amp I have heard that used just one pair per channel, they just sound so light on their feet, very musically nimble) and the fact that what many people would call a small number of watts is backed up by a huge capacitor bank.  As many of us know, it isn't necessarily the number of watts that count but what you can back those watts up with.

Personally I'd love to see a Zero-Five-Zero (the 50wpc version with the 80,000uF option) with a volume control.  Would that be possible Anthony?

It wouldn't be a true integrated, with only one input, but it would be close enough for my purposes.

3 minutes ago, Cafad said:

I love the design of the 0-5-0, the use of only one transistor pair (so far I've loved every amp I have heard that used just one pair per channel, they just sound so light on their feet, very musically nimble) and the fact that what many people would call a small number of watts is backed up by a huge capacitor bank.  As many of us know, it isn't necessarily the number of watts that count but what you can back those watts up with.

Personally I'd love to see a Zero-Five-Zero (the 50wpc version with the 80,000uF option) with a volume control.  Would that be possible Anthony?

It wouldn't be a true integrated, with only one input, but it would be close enough for my purposes.

@Cafad If fact it would be very possible to just add a volume control to the 0-5-0 amp, it could be done externally in its own case or in a future updated release.

I will give this some more thought. :)

Anyone else like to chime in on possible features for a Holton Integrated Amplifier? :)

Hi Anthony.

Obviously, I am not Cafad but I would dearly love to see( and buy ) a Holton integrated. I reckon 100 WPC in a minimalist design would be great. Just 2 line inputs and a phono stage,with one set of speaker terminals and remote control of volume.

If this were to be available when my finances recover( sometime next year ),I would be an almost certain starter:) ( I really did regret needing to sell my 050 ):(

Edit: if it makes things more possible, I personally would be OK with not having a phono stage, since my other amp has a very good one

Edited by rantan

16 minutes ago, rantan said:

Hi Anthony.

Obviously, I am not Cafad but I would dearly love to see( and buy ) a Holton integrated. I reckon 100 WPC in a minimalist design would be great. Just 2 line inputs and a phono stage,with one set of speaker terminals and remote control of volume.

If this were to be available when my finances recover( sometime next year ),I would be an almost certain starter:) ( I really did regret needing to sell my 050 ):(

Edit: if it makes things more possible, I personally would be OK with not having a phono stage, since my other amp has a very good one

Hi @rantan

Thanks for the feedback mate, Sorry to hear also you had to pass on the 050 Amp to someone else, I hope things improve for you soon... :)

All of these suggestions are excellent and very possible.

Edited by Aussieamps

Form an orderly line at Aussieamps door. :)

2 hours ago, Aussieamps said:

Hi @Cafad

What kind of features, power output, etc would you like to see in a Holton Integrated amplifier?

If I may, 100 watts output, balanced in, 3 ish RCA in, remote, love the clean look so no display, just knobs, and maybe a little led dot on the volume so you know where it's at. All for $1995 would be ideal!

And if you could fit it all in to the chassis of the zero five zero, that would be a result!

1 minute ago, Cardiiiii said:

And if you could fit it all in to the chassis of the zero five zero, that would be a result!

That would be the icing on a very tasty cake:)

Might have to be a little cube amp to fit in the pre and other stuff :) 

not much room for a credit card in there 

IMG_1725.JPG

edit was thinking a separate pre, matching piece

Edited by Guest

Dear Anthony,

What a beauty. Stefan told me about a new bookshelf sised amp from Holton.

Is this special offer stil standing? Specialy the 100 watt 80.000µF edition?

In that case it has to make a long trip. I've to find out about customs etc.

Waiting for your respons.

With kind regards,

René

Also, out of curiosity, what pre-amp did you use while developing the zero five zero?

7 hours ago, Aussieamps said:

@Cafad If fact it would be very possible to just add a volume control to the 0-5-0 amp, it could be done externally in its own case or in a future updated release.

I will give this some more thought. :)

Anyone else like to chime in on possible features for a Holton Integrated Amplifier? :)

How about.....two balanced inputs, three RCA inputs, one fixed line output (for external headphone amp), at least 100w per channel at 8 ohms, doubling down into 4 ohms and again into 2 ohms, with usable output into really low impedences (< 1ohm) for those of us with electrostatics?

9 hours ago, Cardiiiii said:

Also, out of curiosity, what pre-amp did you use while developing the zero five zero?

Hi @Cardiiiii

I used a Cambridge Audio DAC Magic Plus, its nice as it has balanced output's which suit the 050 amp very nicely.

Not the best DAC in the world in terms of sound quality but not bad either.

8 hours ago, JukKluk2 said:

How about.....two balanced inputs, three RCA inputs, one fixed line output (for external headphone amp), at least 100w per channel at 8 ohms, doubling down into 4 ohms and again into 2 ohms, with usable output into really low impedences (< 1ohm) for those of us with electrostatics?

Hi @JukKluk2

Nice features for sure, and for the most part all possible. would make the 050 a lot more expensive however, perhaps a special edition version?

The integrated version case would need to be some what higher. Perhaps around 150mm, would look quite good I think. So it would measure 300m wide x 200mm deep and 150mm high. :)

You might be surprised, but the 050 amp 100 watt version is already very capable of driving ESLs. :)

Edited by Aussieamps

10 hours ago, Renoir said:

Dear Anthony,

What a beauty. Stefan told me about a new bookshelf sised amp from Holton.

Is this special offer stil standing? Specialy the 100 watt 80.000µF edition?

In that case it has to make a long trip. I've to find out about customs etc.

Waiting for your respons.

With kind regards,

René

Hi @Renoir

Thanks, I can supply you a 050 100 watt version, but sadly the 050 special is no longer available.

Send me a PM and we can talk some more. :)

Edited by Aussieamps

3 hours ago, Aussieamps said:

Hi @JukKluk2

Nice features for sure, and for the most part all possible. would make the 050 a lot more expensive however, perhaps a special edition version?

STEREONET EDITION

We'll Kickstart it!

17 minutes ago, Marc said:

STEREONET EDITION

We'll Kickstart it!

What a great idea Marc lets do it! :)

2 hours ago, Marc said:

STEREONET EDITION

We'll Kickstart it!

Hell Yeah!

Shhhh just got real!

I assume this will take some time so count me in!

21 minutes ago, rantan said:

I assume this will take some time so count me in!

Preferably at least a couple of months so I can put some funds together!

2 minutes ago, Cardiiiii said:

Preferably at least a couple of months so I can put some funds together!

Yep. About 4-5 months for me would be ideal

1 minute ago, rantan said:

Yep. About 4-5 months for me would be ideal

Or 4-5 months! Just in time for Christmas!

I would also echo the suggestion of just one input, a high quality volume control - altho I personally would prefer a deeper case rather than extra height! (30x30?)

I'm keen too, but why wait for Christmas!

11 hours ago, Marc said:

STEREONET EDITION

We'll Kickstart it!

Sounds good to me as well.*

*As long as SWMBO doesn't find out. Perhaps optional front plates to match each SNAer's current amplification could be made......at extra cost of course. The plates could be listed as "camouflage" in the accessories menu.