EXPIRED: Holton Zero Five Zero Introductory Offer!

2 hours ago, ray4410 said:

hi, you mentioned about using tkd potentiometer they do make a motorized version.

Hi Ray

Yes I have seen those; a bit more pricey as well.

It might be I can offer this as an option, with the motorized pot and remote control circuitry.

Early days yet, so we will see how this pans out :)

A show of hands might be helpful, how many would actually like to see remote control volume?

Personally happy W/O volume Remote as my front end has this feature

Maybe as an upgrade, like the upgrade to 100w and an option

Would like to know what price differences are between 

1, base model

2, base model with power upgrade

3, power upgrade model with volume pot

4, power upgrade model with motorised pot and remote ability, possibly remote ability for input selector as well (covers all the bases) :) 

Knowing these things would help 

Edited by Guest

1, base model
4, power upgrade model with motorised pot and remote ability, possibly remote ability for input selector as well (covers all the bases) [emoji4] 

Matt you don't need any more amps! I think its time wr had an intervention![emoji13]

9 minutes ago, Upfront said:

Matt you don't need any more amps! I think its time wr had an intervention!emoji13.png

I like amps and very much a "collector" of best quality Amps regardless of operating voltage (but that's another story)

2 hours ago, 125dBmonster said:

1, base model

4, power upgrade model with motorised pot and remote ability, possibly remote ability for input selector as well (covers all the bases) :) 

Ok This is what can be offered for the Integrated SE Amplifier. :)

Basic model just with manual volume and electronic 3 input selection, HT Bypass 12 volt trigger remote power on/off, Orange Power on Illumination. :)

Colour of external front an back panels either Silver or Black at no extra cost.

2 x 50 watts $2000.00

Basic model with power upgrade to 2 x 100 watts and above features.

$2300.00

Supreme version with Motorised Volume control and remote input selection 2 x 100 watts,

$2500.00

Super Supreme optional extra's

Electrostatic shield between primary and secondary windings and high frequency AC mains filtering.

Power upgrade to 2 x 150 watts per channel. :)

Edited by Aussieamps
  • Like 7

22 minutes ago, Aussieamps said:

Basic model just with manual volume and electronic 3 input selection, HT Bypass 12 volt trigger remote power on/off, Orange Power on Illumination. :)

Colour of external front an back panels either Silver or Black at no extra cost.

2 x 50 watts $2000.00

$2300.00

Supreme version with Motorised Volume control and remote input selection 2 x 100 watts,

$2500.00

Electrostatic shield between primary and secondary windings and high frequency AC mains filtering.

now we're talking,supreme version with super supreme extras,should be a beast:thumb:

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Aussieamps said:

2 x 50 watts $2000.00

$2300.00

$2500.00

Thanks Anthony 

150w x 2 :love does that increase the number of driver fet's from 2 to 4 ?

3 hours ago, 125dBmonster said:

Thanks Anthony 

150w x 2 :love does that increase the number of driver fet's from 2 to 4 ?

The current dual die device output stage is capable of 150 watts power output no problem.

However I could make provision for an extra set output devices for those that like to have a little extra into the lower impedance loads, say 2 ohms.

and that with a larger power transformer could make for a very compact powerful beast, all for a little extra of course. :)

Edited by Aussieamps
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Aussieamps said:

2 x 50 watts $2000.00

$2300.00

$2500.00

Thanks for the rough price guide! Can now calculate how many meals to skip before Christmas to save up for this!

• Like 1

@Aussieamps  Andrew are you displaying your produce at the show in Nov? Seems like a no-brainer with so much interest from an educated audience here(not me though obviously:() already and a good few hundred more coming to the show not to mention all the through traffic.

Prices below 3k always elicit interest, that's Holden Ford prices right there or Mazda Toyota if you prefer.

I'll be in the market come Christmas hopefully and a good eyeful of your models will help the decision process no end.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Aussieamps said:

2 x 50 watts $2000.00

$2300.00

$2500.00

When you are ready, I can make a substantial deposit on the Silver Supreme model with motorised control. Would pay extra for the 12AU7 pre stage ;)

Just now, mikey d said:

When you are ready, I can make a substantial deposit on the Silver Supreme model with motorised control. Would pay extra for the 12AU7 pre stage ;)

You sold the Durif didn't you.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rob181 said:

Pardon my ignorance (I am a QLD'ER ya know)...

Is this akin to selling your soul...

Almost!

Durif

Durif is actually a cross between the noble grape Syrah and the less well-known Peloursin. It was created at the University of Montpellier in the 1880s by a gentleman named Dr. Durif - a nurseryman who was looking to develop a grape variety resistant to downy mildew, one of many scourges of the vine.

Although only a few token plantings remain in France today, Durif is both successful and popular in Australia where it makes characterful, pitch-black wines. Even long-term Shiraz fans are recognising the appeal of the incredibly dark, powerful wines from Durif.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mikey d said:

Almost!

Durif

Durif is actually a cross between the noble grape Syrah and the less well-known Peloursin. It was created at the University of Montpellier in the 1880s by a gentleman named Dr. Durif - a nurseryman who was looking to develop a grape variety resistant to downy mildew, one of many scourges of the vine.

Although only a few token plantings remain in France today, Durif is both successful and popular in Australia where it makes characterful, pitch-black wines. Even long-term Shiraz fans are recognising the appeal of the incredibly dark, powerful wines from Durif.

@djb

On 13/07/2017 at 1:32 PM, Aussieamps said:

The current dual die device output stage is capable of 150 watts power output no problem.

However I could make provision for an extra set output devices for those that like to have a little extra into the lower impedance loads, say 2 ohms.

and that with a larger power transformer could make for a very compact powerful beast, all for a little extra of course. :)

This sounds just perfect. An amplifier with the lot. Any views on timing?

I might have to consider what to do with my DAC...

1 hour ago, webs0r said:

This sounds just perfect. An amplifier with the lot. Any views on timing?

I might have to consider what to do with my DAC...

@webs0r

I am aiming to have the integrated amplifier available around October 2017 if all goes well.

There is quite a lot of development in the IR remote control volume and input selection to be done and then integrating it into the pre-amp PCB.

Also a bit of chassis redesign to be done as well. A lot of which I have already started to do.:)

• Like 3

Anthony, I was wondering if the remote input select was necessary? Just volume control is all I would need.

Are you finding the demands from all of us a bit tricky? Would you rather be dealing with high-end super amps than building modestly priced integrated's? Anyhow, I am enjoying this thread & wish you all the best.

6 hours ago, mikey d said:

Anthony, I was wondering if the remote input select was necessary? Just volume control is all I would need.

Are you finding the demands from all of us a bit tricky? Would you rather be dealing with high-end super amps than building modestly priced integrated's? Anyhow, I am enjoying this thread & wish you all the best.

@mikey d I guess it is one of those features that is expected to have. :)

While I like the convenience of remote control, it does add to the PCB real estate needed and yes it is not easy to please everyone when it comes to features.

I am more of a minimilist type of person, so just as happy to just get up from my seat if I have to change the input or volume control.

I enjoy building both types of amplifiers, it is fun to see how much good stuff you can get into an integrated without actually taking away from it as well.

Shown below is a high end version of the 050 power amplifier, has a 800VA power transformer mounted in the top of it and produces 150 watts per channel 8 Ohms and

260 watts into 4 ohms.

This is one of Five Holton power amplifiers that will be installed into a new home in Switzerland in August 2017 :)

More to come soon!

050_4.jpg

050_6.jpg

050_7.jpg

Edited by Aussieamps
  • Like 6