• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

one addition to the system - plenty of time to enjoy during lockdown.      

My current system!         Recorded handheld on my iphone with inbuilt microphone...so take it with a big dose of salt.

solace away from the girls  

Eva Cassidy on the Mistral LS3/5a sounding quite wonderful. I'm pretty impressed with these small speakers. I'm going to have to start saving for a pair of genuine LS3/5a now.

_JPR8215.jpg

• Like 9
  • Love 1
On 28/11/2020 at 12:37 PM, Mendes said:

Really digging  the TT adventure.....other than the cost of buying more records 😅

3902634A-60ED-4D20-8B96-C4823B22C3BF.jpeg

Yes, that vinyl cost factor is an effective inhibitor on my tt lust and aspirations. Ah well, I'll struggle along as best I can...

IMG_20201129_190142.thumb.jpg.4685a2979a17570e6e49353f74051314.jpg

Edited by deanB
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Decided to add some speakers to my system. Received Magnepan 1.7i. I’m glad I went to these in lieu of the .7s. After 3 days of setting up absolutely love them. Awesome base as well (was my concern) , soundstage and plays my VPI TT like a dream. First time playing a TT 20 years. Cheers 

image.thumb.jpeg.59e7da1871ab0de778e4cebf7356e7a7.jpeg

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, Glarkcable said:

Decided to add some speakers to my system. Received Magnepan 1.7i. I’m glad I went to these in lieu of the .7s. After 3 days of setting up absolutely love them. Awesome base as well (was my concern) , soundstage and plays my VPI TT like a dream. First time playing a TT 20 years. Cheers 

Well done, Michael - welcome to the Maggie fold.  :thumb:

Are you feeding your 1.7s with a power amp that does them justice?

Andy

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, andyr said:

Well done, Michael - welcome to the Maggie fold.  :thumb:

Are you feeding your 1.7s with a power amp that does them justice?

Andy

Hi Andy, I purchased a Rogue Audio Magnum 3 integrated tube. While it seems 'softer', I think my room seems to balance things out a bit, ie treble...bass etc.. Now the task is to get the right music quality on vinyl and CD etc... my vinyl feels like a 100 years old  Cheers 

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, Glarkcable said:

image.thumb.jpeg.59e7da1871ab0de778e4cebf7356e7a7.jpeg

Nice simple, more to enjoy. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Glarkcable said:

Hi Andy, I purchased a Rogue Audio Magnum 3 integrated tube. While it seems 'softer', I think my room seems to balance things out a bit, ie treble...bass etc.. Now the task is to get the right music quality on vinyl and CD etc... my vinyl feels like a 100 years old  Cheers 

Looks like a great amp - aesthetically and sonic-wise, Michael.  :thumb:

But even in ultralinear mode ... it's only rated as 100w into 8 ohms - and I can't find any specs for 4 ohms.  Does it have 4 ohm output taps?

And does your Rogue Magnum offer a 'pre out' connection - if it does and if you're interested - I could bring over a more powerful ss power amp, for you to hear what that does to your 1.7s?  (I'm a rusted-on Maggie lover, if you haven't guessed!  xD )

Andy

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, andyr said:

But even in ultralinear mode ... it's only rated as 100w into 8 ohms - and I can't find any specs for 4 ohms.  Does it have 4 ohm output taps?

And does your Rogue Magnum offer a 'pre out' connection - if it does and if you're interested - I could bring over a more powerful ss power amp, for you to hear what that does to your 1.7s?  (I'm a rusted-on Maggie lover, if you haven't guessed!  xD )

Andy

Sounds like you’re gonna have some fun guys :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, andyr said:

Andy

Yes it has a 4 ohm tap, need to get into the unit to set it. Bill McLean  set this up for me before he shipped it. 
I’ll check the pre-out, not sure. It’s so new I’m still understand the unit. I prefer Jazz, vocals so not pushing this too hard, I’d suspect . Thanks for the note , May  be back to you 

cheers 

M.Houston . I Love All of them .  From Shindo System to western electric amps  , from Autograph speaker  to Harbeth , spendor bc1 . And all my Garrad 301,401 . Like foods you can’t eat just the same meal everyday . Everyday different amps , different speaker use for different kind of music . They are my kids love them equally .

Edited by palexsia
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, palexsia said:

M.Houston . I Love All of them .  From Shindo System to western electric amps  , from Autograph speaker  to Harbeth , spendor bc1 . And all my Garrad 301,401 . Like foods you can’t eat just the same meal everyday . Everyday different amps , different speaker use for different kind of music . They are my kids love them equally .

Which Shindo? Got a better image of just the amp?

20 minutes ago, palexsia said:

We300b limited edition dual monoblock , on the top of the rack 

73FE858B-CBAC-4AF4-B125-7E808C5F2883.jpeg

4858204D-CD91-496C-AE82-96189F823905.jpeg

B94B11F5-5FB3-4AA7-B774-0353EEADC492.jpeg

Never heard one but the late Art Dudley really liked his. Push-pull 6L6 I think. 

My Mum’s system today:

2C243B79-AFCA-44C5-BC6E-9DF302B69B6B.thumb.jpeg.56fa7e8f951b00689c1b25c4e7f5963a.jpeg

Harmon Kardon and Mission goodness.
The centre speaker is redundant except for hiding a small cable hole. 

• Like 3

Not my system off FB.

At about this point the wife would have the suitcase packed and collecting her car keys. I’d keep the music low until she was clear of the drive way. 

9A1B95E1-D4D5-4EDC-AC89-3F4D30A515D2.jpeg

Edited by mwhouston
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Haha 4
On 07/12/2020 at 10:50 AM, mwhouston said:

Not my system off FB.

At about this point the wife would have the suitcase packed and collecting her car keys. I’d keep the music low until she was clear of the drive way. 

9A1B95E1-D4D5-4EDC-AC89-3F4D30A515D2.jpeg

I would open the door for her and hand her the keys! Not sure what this sounds like but darn ugly!!!!

Not mine but! Some years back I heard an Audio Note 845 system at a hifi show that showed me why Audio Note and organic music reproduction exist. I was (and others I questioned were) really moved. I know this is not a transmitting tube amp. 

This looks like AN brought into 2020. As they say in the classics;- “If you have to ask the price you can’t afford it”. But for once with AN looks affordable. To me this is a classic in the making. And God dam it with a remote. 

80264FEA-0FD2-4A77-A6BD-2B3E72D65D41.jpeg

Edited by mwhouston
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
On 08/12/2020 at 1:20 PM, dwbasement said:

Finally built the new stands for the small horns.

Wow looks good. I need to come and have a listen. 🙂

48 minutes ago, Gryffles said:

Can’t go to loud with 3.5w but the sound is superb with the JM Reynaud Offrande Supreme speakers.

2670DDE0-7C5F-4CDE-9380-08AD236E9585.thumb.jpeg.ff491a38224563d25c25345ca1688938.jpeg

Wow.....the craftsmanship in the stands alone is enough to get excited by the speakers!👌

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

Wow looks good. I need to come and have a listen. 🙂

Thanks Matt, see if you are in Syd during the new year holiday. 😄

• Like 1
On 28/11/2020 at 12:37 PM, Mendes said:

Really digging  the TT adventure.....other than the cost of buying more records 😅

3902634A-60ED-4D20-8B96-C4823B22C3BF.jpeg

New Pnono Stage in the mix, so had to move things around.

Its bottom right under CDT.

AB7505CD-8B4E-41CA-A598-070861E7A899.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Mendes said:

New Pnono Stage in the mix, so had to move things around.

Its bottom right under CDT.

AB7505CD-8B4E-41CA-A598-070861E7A899.jpeg

All that tube gear seems to match / blend in very well. 

Ever tried anything from Otomon Labs?

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, crtexcnndrm99 said:

All that tube gear seems to match / blend in very well. 

Ever tried anything from Otomon Labs?

Thanks, no , never seen any Otomon Labs.... will research 🙏👍

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, Mendes said:

Thanks, no , never seen any Otomon Labs.... will research 🙏👍

Ah no worries - enjoy, it's beauuutiful gear 🔥

Someday I'll have to order one (sooner rather than later - not sure how old he is 😅)

• Like 1