Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, danw1million said:

Hi Wimbo,

 

These are KSA100MKII that I made with passive cooling. 

 

- Dan

Ahh, thanks Dan. Stereo 100S's.

Very nice:thumb:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having a bit of a play around after visiting another Stereonet member gave me some motivation.

Moved the TV and tried a few different combos.

Running the McIntosh to highs as a power amp only, Halcro to lows and Linn as streamer/DAC/pre. It's sounding pretty nice.

 

DSC03273.thumb.JPG.6609c26d834627a4b0e0dd79c2392636.JPG78375744_515125902733104_4592588532245069824_n.jpg.7ecba7b2c196b1087e01c6dbfcc1d8ad.jpg78170377_515684115825256_2478253682353766400_n.jpg.f44d07d4b334e2cb33bdab6b0752d90c.jpg

 

 

And for when your laptop deserves the best haha. Couldn't find another cable easily78772337_2974196929265980_6223065582183383040_n.thumb.jpg.ab335be14f558f5eb7a1c7fd2cf99ae6.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Bunno77 said:

Having a bit of a play around after visiting another Stereonet member gave me some motivation.

Moved the TV and tried a few different combos.

Running the McIntosh to highs as a power amp only, Halcro to lows and Linn as streamer/DAC/pre. It's sounding pretty nice.

 

DSC03273.thumb.JPG.6609c26d834627a4b0e0dd79c2392636.JPG

 

What are the footers under your speakers?

OEM? After market? Isoacoustics?

If after market, what differences to spikes?

 

Cheers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


11 minutes ago, Winno said:

What are the footers under your speakers?

OEM? After market? Isoacoustics?

If after market, what differences to spikes?

 

Cheers. 

Yeah the Isoacoustics Gaia 2s

 

Was pretty night and day at the Stereonet show with 2 sets PSB speakers and there are Youtube vids that show the difference. Just a bit clearer and less muddied.

I like the idea of isolating the speaker from other components too.

 

I have SVS Soundpath feet under the subs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My evolving HiFi system. I have been paying more and more attention of late to HiFi component resonence control- adding more Lava Honeycomb Basalt slabs, Nordost Kones, and stainless steel shoes with cones. It never ceases to amazing me how adding a stainless shoes under that shelf or a piece of Basalt over there makes such a profound diffence to the overall improved background black, noise floor lowering, bass extension, transience and accuracy, 3 D imaging, and adding more air or space around the vocals. For instance, just adding the Basalt slab with stainless shoe with cone under the Duntech's Senators external cross over box, improved the sound as much as the improvement that came with buying the PS Audio P10 power regenerator!! Then came all the added benefits from doing the additions under the monoblocks, DAC shelves etc.. Still amazed at how little attention a good HiFi rack with related accessories to control resonence gets!

 

 

20191130_225657.jpg20191205_200947.thumb.jpg.ab42f3d321ad6c1603244629fd41b4d1.jpg

20191205_200947.jpg

20191130_225933.jpg

20190827_091634.jpg

20190827_091642.jpg

20191205_164540.jpg

20191205_164547.jpg

20191205_164655.jpg

20191130_223618.jpg

20191130_225701.jpg

20191130_223610.jpg

20191205_164744.jpg

20191205_164709.jpg

20191127_171809.jpg

20191122_182215.jpg

Nordost-Sort-Kone-cutaway.jpg

20191206_165731.jpg

20191206_165420.jpg

20191206_165312.jpg

 

20190901_155512.jpg

 

20191206_165731.jpg

20190630_013253.jpg

20190629_214612.jpg

20190629_234407.jpg

IMG-20190626-WA0000.jpg

20190308_183759.jpg

20190707_125105.jpg

20190308_184015.jpg

Edited by Silver Audiophile

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine has gone through a few changes this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Batty said:

Mine has gone through a few changes this year.

Certainly has 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


More to come, just set up the V15 type III on the rock, gorgeous.

Edited by Batty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bunno77 said:

Yeah the Isoacoustics Gaia 2s

 

Was pretty night and day at the Stereonet show with 2 sets PSB speakers and there are Youtube vids that show the difference. Just a bit clearer and less muddied.

I like the idea of isolating the speaker from other components too.

 

I have SVS Soundpath feet under the subs

Thanks.

I've started considering the Gaia 2's previously to replace my brass cones under my audio stand and speakers since moving to a place with bare wooden floors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Van den Hul goodness.

IMG_0014.thumb.JPG.45add37878b23421c2523c5dffe82e4c.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Waiting for the Quintet Bronze.

IMG_0015.thumb.JPG.3807c6dca3de2bca5093372b78732047.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, audiohippo said:

Received a special delivery today, just in time for the weekend! 


E8C6DC90-4806-45D4-8C9A-78A2130DAFA2.thumb.jpeg.05a69921e7d809fff409ed702c9cc425.jpeg

And now an image of the amp. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


22 minutes ago, audiohippo said:

Received a special delivery today, just in time for the weekend! 


E8C6DC90-4806-45D4-8C9A-78A2130DAFA2.thumb.jpeg.05a69921e7d809fff409ed702c9cc425.jpeg

wow..the beast...

 

congrats @audiohippo

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Winno said:

Thanks.

I've started considering the Gaia 2's previously to replace my brass cones under my audio stand and speakers since moving to a place with bare wooden floors.

Definitely easier for a timber floor

Worth a shot and they sell pretty easy here if you don't want them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, audiohippo said:

Received a special delivery today, just in time for the weekend! 


E8C6DC90-4806-45D4-8C9A-78A2130DAFA2.thumb.jpeg.05a69921e7d809fff409ed702c9cc425.jpeg

 

Now I am envious :tongue:      HD.          Might need to visit since AC never carry stk.

Edited by metal beat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, shawnwes said:

Be it ever so humble...

597036356.jpg

 

As they say, it's not just about the destination 'HiFi system'.. enjoy every minute of the journey 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, shawnwes said:

Be it ever so humble...

597036356.jpg

Lack of gear allows you to focus on the music and not on the equipment.  Sometimes a difficult process for some. 
 

make and model of the amp please? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, mwhouston said:

Lack of gear allows you to focus on the music and not on the equipment.  Sometimes a difficult process for some. 
 

make and model of the amp please? 

Looks like an exposure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...