Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My current system!         Recorded handheld on my iphone with inbuilt microphone...so take it with a big dose of salt.

solace away from the girls  

my recently purchased pile is getting larger. Need to put some records into the record racks soon    Loving the Glorious Record boxes - almost like being at a record store. Pity I have no more room fo

pWMAbGs.jpg

 

Got new Kanto SP9 desktop stands, very impressed. Stands are solid, the adjustable tilt design means I don't have to OCD over toe-in angles. Upgraded from IsoAcoustics. The base plate is near perfect match to the C1s base!

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Essence said:

pWMAbGs.jpg

 

Got new Kanto SP9 desktop stands, very impressed. Stands are solid, the adjustable tilt design means I don't have to OCD over toe-in angles. Upgraded from IsoAcoustics. The base plate is near perfect match to the C1s base!

awesome speakers .. especially being used for a desktop setup!!

Link to post
Share on other sites


12 minutes ago, pine weasel said:

It's cold in Adelaide tonight.

 

 

 

IMG_9609.jpg.a5c50570a9455ff56fb375bdddcf31d4.jpg

 

 

IMG_9605.jpg.8f623b3998a1de3efc4be7424a7e7362.jpg

You need some Coates VP...🍷🍷🙏

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pine weasel said:

It's cold in Adelaide tonight.

 

 

 

IMG_9609.jpg.a5c50570a9455ff56fb375bdddcf31d4.jpg

 

 

IMG_9605.jpg.8f623b3998a1de3efc4be7424a7e7362.jpg

High ceilings, big room. Nice. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, pine weasel said:

It's cold in Adelaide tonight.

 

 

 

IMG_9609.jpg.a5c50570a9455ff56fb375bdddcf31d4.jpg

 

 

IMG_9605.jpg.8f623b3998a1de3efc4be7424a7e7362.jpg

Are they hippos by the fire?

Very classy, Love it!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, pine weasel said:

It's cold in Adelaide tonight.

 

 

 

IMG_9609.jpg.a5c50570a9455ff56fb375bdddcf31d4.jpg

 

 

IMG_9605.jpg.8f623b3998a1de3efc4be7424a7e7362.jpg

Ah, S, a very familiar room and good to see it again mate. One of the very best sound systems I’v had the pleasure to enjoy.

 

Cheers,

 

Keith

Edited by cheekyboy
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites


Aw moi gorsh! It looks like a ballroom from a Jane Austen movie set.

 

Nice and impressive setup, but P.S. Jane A sh!ts me to tears.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cheekyboy said:

Ah, S, a very familiar room and good to see it again mate. One of the very best sound systems I’v had the pleasure to enjoy.

 

Cheers,

 

Keith

I think you're due for another road trip to Adelaide , Keith.

 

It's been a while since you were here ( late 2016 I think)

 

I've moved the speakers further in to the room, wider apart and with more toe-in , and things are now sounding better than before.

 

Cheers

 

Suresh

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have fond memories of @pine weasel's gorgeous room when he hosted the Kyron demonstration a few years back. Stunning house as well I might add.

 

 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites


A good friend from SNA sent me these 404LE to compare to my hd800sdr. I also got my rockna Wave dream Signature balanced DAC in this week so many pleasurable hours enjoying the upgrade and testing the loaned stax. Happy Sunday guys.

 

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/706317542020481114/711435271912292402/IMG_20200515_185902.jpg

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/05/2020 at 6:24 PM, Hydrology said:

Golden hour here in Perth...

 

ABC09805.thumb.jpg.7163af059c22c366e1d7a31849ea67b5.jpg

 

ABC09807.thumb.jpg.5f8415ea1b6e52e8b411c6bcd5f02bfb.jpg

 

ABC09806.thumb.jpg.63ec793b02fbbc3c113bf7a1ea1cf184.jpg

@Hydrology ,Perhaps slightly off-topic, but how do you take those beautiful photos?

They always look absolutely stunning.

 

I'm assuming they're not just taken with a phone camera?

 

Cheers

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Willmax said:

I have fond memories of @pine weasel's gorgeous room when he hosted the Kyron demonstration a few years back. Stunning house as well I might add.

 

 

amazing, who is the artist please 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, pine weasel said:

Yes,  they're hippos, but they could also work as cable lifters, or magical resonance control devices!

Well they sure are earning their keep. Hard workers and being robust, cute and all......

 

:thumb:

Link to post
Share on other sites


11 minutes ago, pine weasel said:

@Hydrology ,Perhaps slightly off-topic, but how do you take those beautiful photos?

They always look absolutely stunning.

 

I'm assuming they're not just taken with a phone camera?

 

Cheers

 

Thanks mate!

Use a Sony A7RIII and 24-70 lens for most of them. Big fan of design and think audio equipment deserves its design to be shown off in the best possible way!

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Mord said:

amazing, who is the artist please 

Petra Magoni & Ferruccio Spinetti from Musica Nuda

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Willmax said:

Petra Magoni & Ferruccio Spinetti from Musica Nuda

thanks 

yes, looked it up through the you tube clip, just ordered some of their CD's, but don't think i got the elanor rigby cover on them

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Hydrology said:

Thanks mate!

Use a Sony A7RIII and 24-70 lens for most of them. Big fan of design and think audio equipment deserves its design to be shown off in the best possible way!

 

Cheers

 

I've tried with an old Canon 7D and 24-70, but I've struggled to get the lighting right.

Do you use an external flash?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, pine weasel said:

Cheers

 

I've tried with an old Canon 7D and 24-70, but I've struggled to get the lighting right.

Do you use an external flash?

 

For the hifi photos, never actually, the evening time pics just use whatever light is available. The Sony's do have incredible range in low level so Im fortunate in that regard!

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Mord said:

thanks 

yes, looked it up through the you tube clip, just ordered some of their CD's, but don't think i got the elanor rigby cover on them

If i am understanding you correctly, you need this one.

Screen Shot 2020-05-17 at 8.02.43 pm.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Willmax said:

I have fond memories of @pine weasel's gorgeous room when he hosted the Kyron demonstration a few years back. Stunning house as well I might add.

 

 

Wow...nice!!

 

What camera and microphone was used to record this?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/05/2020 at 9:41 PM, pine weasel said:

It's cold in Adelaide tonight.

 

 

 

IMG_9609.jpg.a5c50570a9455ff56fb375bdddcf31d4.jpg

 

 

IMG_9605.jpg.8f623b3998a1de3efc4be7424a7e7362.jpg

Those SFs are a lot further into the room mate, and great to see you around too. Hope you and the family are well!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/05/2020 at 11:17 AM, pine weasel said:

I think you're due for another road trip to Adelaide , Keith.

 

It's been a while since you were here ( late 2016 I think)

 

I've moved the speakers further in to the room, wider apart and with more toe-in , and things are now sounding better than before.

 

Cheers

 

Suresh

Yes, Suresh, it has indeed been too long since I was over there and it would be great to catch up and have a listen to that fabulous system again. 
 

Cheers, 

 

Keith

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, BugleBoy said:

Wow...nice!!

 

What camera and microphone was used to record this?

Thanks. It was a Zoom Q2n 

Edited by Willmax
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Never really been a Sonus Faber lover, and when i first got these they were very frustrating. A reasonable amount of moving them around and finally they are sounding pretty good. Bit chilli these days in Perth so I like to keep the TV warm.

0.jpg

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

image.thumb.jpg.04a2721fcc3f1f9f803cf7fa3df480bd.jpg
Wharfedale Lintons on duty tonight for some 2 channel love after three nights of Arthouse films.  Cozy in the man cave with the climate control doing its thing 🥰

  • Like 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lil Caesar said:

image.thumb.jpg.04a2721fcc3f1f9f803cf7fa3df480bd.jpg
Wharfedale Lintons on duty tonight for some 2 channel love after three nights of Arthouse films.  Cozy in the man cave with the climate control doing its thing 🥰

Those Wharfedale look lovely, I bet they sound good too 😎

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Willmax said:

I'm having a mid-week listening session with Sade. Why not eh?

20200520_212301.thumb.jpg.93b1244e1ea02a2ea6ebe2c67ec452d5.jpg

 

Very chic mid century modern setup there... what are the speakers ?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Lil Caesar said:

Very chic mid century modern setup there... what are the speakers ?

Thanks mate, they are Tannoy Berkeleys, easier to work out with their covers removed

 

20200418_212803.thumb.jpg.7c18c0c96d6f128bc20451a04c0ae3ee.jpg

Edited by Willmax
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/05/2020 at 4:15 PM, peterpan said:

great day to listen to some vinyl

music room.jpg

A lovely sounding system 👍

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Mixing some work, playing guitar, and listening to records. Currently have a double LP12 setup- will likely sell the old fluted plinth one which I have just finished putting together from parts. 

 

42E1E23B-C6FD-46F4-8C2F-54A9A7AFF928.jpeg

Edited by Juzbear
  • Like 14
Link to post
Share on other sites

Got my bass traps up, made nice little tripod stands so they are free standing and easily movable, just hope I don’t have an earthquake, will paint then white now.

 

ADFB57C5-8CD1-4131-A3D0-AA99D9298306.jpeg

BC6F6408-5517-4962-ACA2-1A6BA9873EC5.jpeg

  • Like 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/05/2020 at 3:50 PM, awayward said:

Got my bass traps up, made nice little tripod stands so they are free standing and easily movable, just hope I don’t have an earthquake, will paint then white now.

 

ADFB57C5-8CD1-4131-A3D0-AA99D9298306.jpeg

BC6F6408-5517-4962-ACA2-1A6BA9873EC5.jpeg

Do you find if they are effective?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TDX said:

Do you find if they are effective?

Yes, there has been a nice improvement to the clarity and definition of the bass. Surprisingly I’ve had the turn the subs up a couple of notches, the traps aren’t rated to help much under the 60hz but I suspect they do reduce a bit of that sub bass boom coming out of the corners.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, awayward said:

Yes, there has been a nice improvement to the clarity and definition of the bass. Surprisingly I’ve had the turn the subs up a couple of notches, the traps aren’t rated to help much under the 60hz but I suspect they do reduce a bit of that sub bass boom coming out of the corners.

Glad to hear your bass traps are effective.

By the way, what brand are they?

Cheers

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...