On 02/04/2020 at 10:27 PM, Mendes said:

Life seems to have gotten in the way the last month, but it’s always there when you need some comfort.

Linda Ronstadt.. Simple Dreams, singing some Warren Zevon tunes....❤️

F6D2ADBA-174F-4938-9DCA-478972DE2935.jpeg

I always knew Linda covered “Poor, poor, pitiful me” but never “Carmelita”. Listening to Warren singing about heroin and S&M is all very groovy, a little strange from Linda!  Enjoy every sandwich indeed.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

one addition to the system - plenty of time to enjoy during lockdown.      

My current system!         Recorded handheld on my iphone with inbuilt microphone...so take it with a big dose of salt.

solace away from the girls  

my "other" system. Needed a lot of processing so you can see what's going on in there and for once my phone was able to catch the 100mm of polymax bats in each corner and below the screen. Watched Gemini Man in 4k/60fps and diod not like the look of it one bit as an experience, but undoubtedly one of the highest res images I've seen yet on my projector. It did seem to have some HDMI handshake issues where I lost picture a few times, and then it came back and had to manually set up HDR picture gamma each time

D827CD32-A563-4FFC-BC8B-F27C973E8776_1_105_c.jpeg.e445f9cdb96bce7b350307e792ecc379.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, blybo said:

my "other" system. Needed a lot of processing so you can see what's going on in there and for once my phone was able to catch the 100mm of polymax bats in each corner and below the screen. Watched Gemini Man in 4k/60fps and diod not like the look of it one bit as an experience, but undoubtedly one of the highest res images I've seen yet on my projector. It did seem to have some HDMI handshake issues where I lost picture a few times, and then it came back and had to manually set up HDR picture gamma each time

interesting stuff with the treatments ! audibly any gains ? not surprised on gemini man... its pretty dividing in appeal :D are you still using the original kordz prs active cable ? as that is not specd to do anything beyond 4k24 surprised got it to work at all  with 4k 60 ! ive for some years been running office works passive cable and it seems to pass 4k/60 no probs with pana/marantz/jvc combo ... without any hitch. if can get away with shorter than 10m ie 30ft then mono price premium certified works and certified to work. and only $56 and free delivery with amazon prime . but unlikely anything bar gemini man to push limits of what you have ... so if happy with as is ... and hated gemini man then id just keep enjoying :D 

14 hours ago, betty boop said:

interesting stuff with the treatments ! audibly any gains ?

I had that when we did the pro calibration. Certainly took the slap echo out of the room though.

14 hours ago, betty boop said:

are you still using the original kordz prs active cable ? as that is not specd to do anything beyond 4k24 surprised got it to work at all  with 4k 60 ! ive for some years been running office works passive cable and it seems to pass 4k/60 no probs with pana/marantz/jvc combo ... without any hitch. if can get away with shorter than 10m ie 30ft then mono price premium certified works and certified to work. and only $56 and free delivery with amazon prime .

Yeah still using the Kordz but I special ordered a 7.5m cable thinking it would help to be a short as possible. I rarely have any issues cable related though and it's so hard to run the cable through the ceiling and through joists (for those playing at home it's ground floor of a double story), I'm in no hurry to upgrade, but would go optical if I was too, so as to future proof things somewhat. Moot point anyway, SWMBO has banned any non essential purchases right now and my business is effectively in hibernation.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, blybo said:

I had that when we did the pro calibration. Certainly took the slap echo out of the room though.

ah good stuff ! I thought were upto something else :D 

1 minute ago, blybo said:

Yeah still using the Kordz but I special ordered a 7.5m cable thinking it would help to be a short as possible. I rarely have any issues cable related though and it's so hard to run the cable through the ceiling and through joists (for those playing at home it's ground floor of a double story), I'm in no hurry to upgrade, but would go optical if I was too, so as to future proof things somewhat. Moot point anyway, SWMBO has banned any non essential purchases right now and my business is effectively in hibernation.

ah i see ! because be no chance with 10m on that one ! 

I can imagine not in any hurry to upgrade. but no cant future proof on hdmi at this stage the ultra high speed cable spec means being certified is mandated. And they come in about 3m length longest I have seen so far :D but am sure in time we will have it, though in mean time for anything we need premium certified covers that length easy. but as you said no hurry to change so might as well wait it out. 

• Like 1
On 02/04/2020 at 10:57 PM, Mendes said:

Life seems to have gotten in the way the last month, but it’s always there when you need some comfort.

Is it wrong to drool over another mans' speakers?

Those speakers look hot!

Got any nude shots of them?

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, misternavi said:

Is it wrong to drool over another mans' speakers?

Those speakers look hot!

Got any nude shots of them?

The rough prototype and the cabinet internals showing Quad diffuser behind the drivers......some nice work by Karri accoustics:thumb:

New Speakers Bespoke.jpg

New 2 Way under construction.JPG

• Like 4
21 minutes ago, Mendes said:

The rough prototype and the cabinet internals showing Quad diffuser behind the drivers......some nice work by Karri accoustics:thumb:

New Speakers Bespoke.jpg

New 2 Way under construction.JPG

Nice work mate, are Karri still making speakers?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Pops110 said:

Nice work mate, are Karri still making speakers?

Not sure Dave......

20 minutes ago, Pops110 said:

Website doesn’t seem active.

AFAIK they are defunct.

1 hour ago, Mendes said:

That's a curious idea. I didn't think that diffusers were effective at such close range...

My current system!

Listening Room 7_adj.jpg

Listening Room 8_adj.jpg

Listening Room 9_adj.jpg

Recorded handheld on my iphone with inbuilt microphone...so take it with a big dose of salt.
Edited by BugleBoy
Added a video link
  • Like 35
  • Love 2

Took this pic last night after I'd had enough of the latest reports on TV about the bloody coronavirus  and George Pell, so sat back and spun some vinyl for a few hours instead. I listen a lot during the day, but it is unusual for me to be listening to vinyl at 8:30 at night, but it was very enjoyable indeed.

Cheers Keith

System Rack - evening 9 April 2020.JPG

Edited by cheekyboy
  • Like 12
  • Love 1

Hello folks, here's the view this morning, which is my second system [same room] but there is no vinyl played in this one. CD and streaming via a second squeezebox and Bel Canto Stream One only, but despite the lack of vinyl, it is a very respectable sound nonetheless. Will get back to some vinyl later this afternoon.:thumb:

Cheers Keith.

System 2 - 10 April 2020.JPG

• Like 8
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, gat474 said:

Nice woofer @cheekyboy.

3 minutes ago, Uncle Seth said:

Agreed

Yep, Chloe certainly is a very nice ‘woofer’ and is never very far from me at any time during the day. She does get to listen to a lot of music as a consequence!😊

Cheers Keith

• Like 1

What are the speakers?  Looks like a great setup you have there.

• Like 1
On 09/04/2020 at 12:02 PM, BugleBoy said:

My current system!

Listening Room 7_adj.jpg

Listening Room 8_adj.jpg

Listening Room 9_adj.jpg

Recorded handheld on my iphone with inbuilt microphone...so take it with a big dose of salt.

Beautiful

My system today is basically @BugleBoy played through my mac. It sounds better than my system anyway.

So in future when i want to listen i'll get you to stream it for me, i'll send you through a list of what i want to listen to.

Hopefully that won't be too inconvenient for you. Thanks

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, PKay said:

What are the speakers?  Looks like a great setup you have there.

From earlier....cheers

4C5627E4-FCEE-44DB-93CB-773C58C0EEE7.jpeg

• Like 1
On 09/04/2020 at 12:02 PM, BugleBoy said:

My current system!

Listening Room 7_adj.jpg

Listening Room 8_adj.jpg

Listening Room 9_adj.jpg

Nice setup.

Can you confirm what size your room is please?

2 hours ago, russell66 said:

Beautiful

My system today is basically @BugleBoy played through my mac. It sounds better than my system anyway.

So in future when i want to listen i'll get you to stream it for me, i'll send you through a list of what i want to listen to.

Hopefully that won't be too inconvenient for you. Thanks

well here is another one...enjoy 😄

https://youtu.be/wC2Qjld2d6Y

• Like 1
1 minute ago, BugleBoy said:

Thanks...It is 8.3m long x 5m wide x 2.7m high.

Good size although higher ceiling would be nice : )

My room is much smaller – only 5.8m long x 4.3m wide but ceiling is 3.4m.

22 minutes ago, Aperalim said:

Good size although higher ceiling would be nice : )

My room is much smaller – only 5.8m long x 4.3m wide but ceiling is 3.4m.

Agree...high ceilings are good.

my room is long enough for a second system...so I am setting one up in the rear. 😊

62924FEF-0FC4-47E0-81AB-43EBD925844D.jpeg

• Like 1

Hey Steve, may I ask you where did you get your speaker stand made from? I need something like that low height steel stand.

Cheers 

18 minutes ago, dwbasement said:

Hey Steve, may I ask you where did you get your speaker stand made from? I need something like that low height steel stand.

Cheers 

Hi Dennis, Designed by myself to suit the build of these speakers.

Laser cut 10mm plate top and bottom plates with 50mm RHS tube as uprights with a top opening cut into where tubes join to allow filling with garnet, they are very heavy and stable. Powder coat finished

I called up some favours to get these small items cut, paid for them but no one was really interested in these small jobs, then got a client to braze them all together and paint.

Very expensive in the end really, but all custom jobs generally are..

.🙏

Edited by Mendes
20 minutes ago, Mendes said:

Laser cut 10mm plate top and bottom plates with 50mm RHS tube as uprights with a top opening cut into where tubes join to allow filling with garnet, they are very heavy and stable. Powder coat finished

I called up some favours to get these small items cut, paid for them but no one was really interested in these small jobs, then got a client to braze them all together and paint.

.🙏

Ok, I will see if I can find any contacts here to make a pair for me.

Cheers mate

29 minutes ago, Mendes said:

.🙏

Hi Mendes,

Just wondering where you got the speaker cable risers from ?

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, Mendes said:

.🙏

Steve,

Do you mine send a few close up photos of the stand to me pls.

Also anything you would change to improve from your prototype? 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, dwbasement said:

Steve,

Do you mine send a few close up photos of the stand to me pls.

Also anything you would change to improve from your prototype? 

Just heading out now, will try and find my drawings for this....🙏 when I get back.....

• Like 1
Just now, Mendes said:

Just heading out now, will try and find my drawings for this....🙏 when I get back.....

Thanks mate. 

Take your time. 

5 minutes ago, Aperalim said:

How did you come across these guys Steve?

I am intrigued by the 'cork' layers on either side of the birchply – is it in fact using natural cork particles?

Cheers

Chris

Hi Chris,

I saw Dave @cafe67 had purchased some so gave them a go also.

Yes, some form of cork is applied

Am a big fan of neat 😇🙏

Cheers

Steve

CB985C94-0218-40C2-8AD8-75D1C2CF2D35.png