My System Today

1 hour ago, Upfront said:

Looks good to me mate. What matters is that it sounds good.
I've heard mega dollar systems that leave my ears feeling violated, and 500 buck shed systems that make me tap my feet. I'll have the feet tapping experience any day of the week!

I hate having my ears violated, happens all the time! :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Reverend Johnny Heathen said:

Great thread guys...

IMG_20170413_154901.thumb.jpg.eed4dae13708cc528ec4ea0ff00ef9cb.jpg

My system this morning... Not really audiophile grade but adequate.

On the grade of 0 to audiofile I think I would rate you an 8.

Records everywhere. Yep

Isolation platforms. Yep

Two sets of speakers in the room. Yep

A mess of big cables. Yep

Guitar on the wall. Yep

Duntechs. Yep

Lava lamp. Hell yep 

• Like 7

Back to the B&Ws for a while till I decide what I'm going to do in my study. They sound quite nice but a bit thick and congested after the magical Maggies. I'm in mourning for them. Some nice standmounts I think are what the doctor is ordering.

As you can see from the socks I'm playing Miles Davis Sorceror very loud.

IMG_4698.JPG

• Like 8

30 minutes ago, joz said:

After pics has some tasty new bits!

Elektra?

;):thumb: Obviously is nice tune humming from Arthur's combo that me cat boo-boo likes it. As indicated by her furry feet.:D

Edited by Sirmorebeer
  • Like 1

On 4/23/2017 at 4:40 PM, buddyev said:

Back to the B&Ws for a while till I decide what I'm going to do in my study. They sound quite nice but a bit thick and congested after the magical Maggies. I'm in mourning for them. Some nice standmounts I think are what the doctor is ordering.

As you can see from the socks I'm playing Miles Davis Sorceror very loud.

IMG_4698.JPG

I like the environmentally friendly "topper" (slightly cheaper than the AMG version I imagine). The OCD in me wishes you had two though. My professional recommendation is to put the black one on your record collection and split the two white ones between speakers. ;)

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Juicester said:

I like the environmentally friendly "topper" (slightly cheaper than the AMG version I imagine). The OCD in me wishes you had two though. My professional recommendation is to put the black one on your record collection and split the two white ones between speakers. ;)

Yes I was trying an organic topper. Its been years in development - and it works. Before the leaves fell off i measured a 1.73% improvement in bass resolution. Not so good since i stopped watering. Its a work in progress. 

Joss puts all her old dying pot plants in my room (and any old junk that she can't bring herself to throw out) and she does manage to murder a lot of them. My study acts as a kind of transitional limbo -  they experience a brief moment of musical bliss before I chuck them out the window.

• Like 4