1 minute ago, Rockford said:

If they only start at 20khz how do you hear them?

I was wondering the same, especially with the max out just above 20k of CD.

54 minutes ago, Rockford said:

If they only start at 20khz how do you hear them?

3db down at 20kHz I would expect.

52 minutes ago, furtherpale said:

I was wondering the same, especially with the max out just above 20k of CD.

This aspect was discussed at length in a thread here somewhere. May not discuss the CD format though.

This stuff is interesting, take note of the  EEG analysis https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0095464

The difference is there with them and without them, I just am not sure what I prefer in this case.

This is way off topic for this thread.

Edited by Muon N'

Back to ML-1's with no assistance today :)

20191018_125102.jpg.cfb4cbc55179e55b4f312052a145e6cf.jpg

1 hour ago, Muon N' said:

3db down at 20kHz I would expect.

This aspect was discussed at length in a thread here somewhere. May not discuss the CD format though.

This stuff is interesting, take note of the  EEG analysis https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0095464

The difference is there with them and without them, I just am not sure what I prefer in this case.

This is way off topic for this thread.

The paper says they are feeling them not hearing them. Interesting.

"The hypersonic effect is induced only when HFCs are presented to the listener's entire body surface but not when presented exclusively to the listener's ear"

On 17/10/2019 at 1:53 PM, kab said:

Keeping it simple these days.

IMG_20191017_115617.thumb.jpg.b5f3367f1741512f77e9fcf0ccb18cca.jpg

What type of speakers are those?

1 hour ago, Tony ray said:

What type of speakers are those?

Personally I thick they are loud speakers. But I have been wrong once before. 

52 minutes ago, mwhouston said:

Personally I thick they are loud speakers. But I have been wrong once before. 

They look similar to my Zaph SB12.3 speakers I made.

A lot of people complain about the blue LED on Music Hall TTs, I quite like the ambience. 

IMG_20191019_195418.jpg

Busy day, just relaxing with the missus and some tunes. 👍

0D6980A8-C498-4C78-9CC2-65117DB953E8.thumb.jpeg.8ed184b0d77148fbc3ce10d60c101a59.jpeg

49 minutes ago, Pops110 said:

Busy day, just relaxing with the missus and some tunes. 👍

0D6980A8-C498-4C78-9CC2-65117DB953E8.thumb.jpeg.8ed184b0d77148fbc3ce10d60c101a59.jpeg

Nicely restrained speaker selection. That room would support so much more, but why? 

1 hour ago, mwhouston said:

Nicely restrained speaker selection. That room would support so much more, but why? 

I would love a set of the bigger Audio Physic speakers. If you wouldn’t mind popping over and having a word with the missus and bank manager would be greatly appreciated. 👍😃

I really love the speakers, best I’ve had and I think they are a great compromise between size, looks and sound quality, I highly recommend them. 👍

Saturday I spent upon the honest endeavour of implementing the Behringer DEQ2496 into my system (shown here previously) in order to reduce system modes and equalise the speaker output for my room.

I should mention here that although my Behringer (recommended) ECM8000 microphone arrived last week, the required microphone cable from another supplier arrived on Friday (actually collected it from the P.O.)

DEQ.thumb.jpg.91736dc620642b2c5a07f697763bf76b.jpg

Darn, these toys need a lot of setup.

Now playing and sounds a lot smoother and more open. Also had to adjust the max gain down, to avoid clipping (as displayed on the left front DEQ2496 digital display levels and on the meter).

meters.thumb.jpg.36ba67f1ee6e945ea9c28e322966c866.jpg

There are 3 variations on the digital meter (in addition to the bar display on the left).

On the left of the display, you can choose the source of information you want to display, from the options of Input, Output and Digital output (DIGOUT shown below).

If the display on the right, under PEAK, displays CLIP, you're going to be required to adjust the maximum gain or offset... OR blow yr speakers.

I'm still quite a noob, but getting there slowly

meter.thumb.jpg.92a195cad043034623a594fafcfc5030.jpg

Equipment has not changed for at least a couple of months. The most recent ingress (prior to the Behringer) was the Teac VRDS-10 (CD player/Transport) from an SNA member and this beauty (from another local SNA groover, but via an alternate shop).

The DEQ2496 is playing mother DAC to the Transport device, and doing a good job in conjunction with the DEQ function.

Edited by Uncle Seth
additions, corrections, updates etc.