My System Today

12 hours ago, Galactic Soap said:

I had to do a second take when I read that its a clients home - it looks like a showroom installation. Well done to everyone involved. Just beautiful. 

Yeah kudos to the photographer!  Makes things look a million$ ?

The polar opposite of my truly pathetic iphone photos ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Dad jokes are my (waning) super power.  I have to hand to it SSZ though...external clock, brilliant! ?

Edited by 2Brix
  • Haha 1

Something I was watching on TV last night got me in the mood for a bit of evening Dire Straits listening, so started with my second favourite Dire Straits album, which is an original UK pressing under Polygram Australia. I'm still waiting for MoFi to repress this in a 45rpm remastered version, but I must say, this pressing is pretty bloody impressive though.:thumb:

System 22 July 2020 - 3.JPG

System 22 July 2020 - 5.JPG

Buddy is really a bit big for a lap dog, but he doesn't know that.xD

System 22 July 2020 - 1.JPG

Edited by cheekyboy
  • Like 10
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, cheekyboy said:

Something I was watching on TV last night got me in the mood for a bit of evening Dire Straits listening, so started with my second favourite Dire Straits album, which is an original UK pressing under Polygram Australia. I'm still waiting for MoFi to repress this in a 45rpm remastered version, but I must say, this pressing is pretty bloody impressive though.:thumb:

System 22 July 2020 - 3.JPG

Buddy is really a bit big for a lap dog, but he doesn't know that.xD

System 22 July 2020 - 1.JPG

Awww he's beautiful. He doesn't care haha. My standard poodle is the same, thinks she's a toy and jumps up to snuugle in (all 30kg). Dogs rule ? ?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, cheekyboy said:

Nice setup.

I see the space is at the premium.

Is there a space to the right of the right speaker?

If so, I'd be thinking of moving the TT to the right, so that the TT arm is not that close to the magnets of the speaker.

This is important particularly for MC cartridges.

Unless these are purposely screened HT speakers o course.

Some iconic posters you have there!

1 hour ago, rockeater said:

Nice setup.

I see the space is at the premium.

Is there a space to the right of the right speaker?

If so, I'd be thinking of moving the TT to the right, so that the TT arm is not that close to the magnets of the speaker.

This is important particularly for MC cartridges.

Unless these are purposely screened HT speakers o course.

Some iconic posters you have there!

Hello Roman,

There is definitely no issue, magnetic or otherwise, with the proximity of the Brinkmann tonearm to that LHS loudspeaker. You're right, where I'm living now is much smaller than the space I had in Melbourne, so some compromise has been necessary, but I would never compromise when it comes to the performance of a vinyl rig. I do have another system in the same room and that system is to the right of that pic and I built those loudspeakers many years ago, with absolutely no thought on making them screened for HT use.xD

Only about half the posters we had in Melbourne actually made it into this current room, but the pic below was taken probably 6 or 7 years ago, but the loudspeakers are the same and so are most of the posters too. Different turntable back then and two tonearms at the time, but no magnetic field issues then either. Have you had problems with interference with some MC cartridges you've used? What tonearm and cartridge are you using?

Cheers,

Keith

Picture 1188.jpg

Edited by cheekyboy
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Another Lock Down 2.0 Victorian Post

Given spending alot more time listening to music and won't be doing any travelling anytime soon upgraded my sub from an SVS SB2000 to a REL 212/SX. I need to set up properly but WOW this thing makes the SVS seem like a toy. 993316872_Homesystem.thumb.jpg.935cc7e79d842d9ca040dbd16e0cfb15.jpg

REL 212SX.jpg

• Like 14

Changed out my Paradigm Premier 100Bs in my work system for my JBL 4312M IIs from one of my home systems.  All of this gear (other than the headshell and cartridge) has been acquired secondhand from SNA members in really great transactions.

image.jpg

0762ABFF-3C70-4967-BBEB-5D9D92A191C3.jpeg

• Like 9

7 hours ago, BLAH BLAH said:

And you said you want to sit where @2Brix ?!?.....WOOF!!!... Good luck! :) 

The couch? oh...n-no, all yours...i'm good, happy standing...enjoying the sound waay over here...incredible sweet spot. 

Shall we watch Cats?...whoa...just j/king...huh? Snow Dogs it is..again.

To Top