My System Today

Guest The Fresh Prince
1 hour ago, RankStranger said:

Looks amazing. Is the Perspex guard just to discourage little hands or does it serve some other purpose?

After a friend destroyed their Lyra Atlas by catching it on a jumper, I decided to mount the Perspex .

Guest The Fresh Prince
1 hour ago, BugleBoy said:

Nice set-up @The Fresh Prince. I can see all the Accuphase goodness there. How are you using the DG-58...smooth or Custom voicing?

I’m using smooth. It’s an awesome bit of kit.

25 minutes ago, The Fresh Prince said:

I’m using smooth. It’s an awesome bit of kit.

Yes indeed...I am also gobsmacked by its awesomeness.

I also use Smooth voicing. One day when I can summon enough patience I will try voicing with custom reference curves.

On 13/06/2020 at 8:36 PM, Martykt said:

5C25D9BB-A585-45F6-85C1-D957A05CFED7.thumb.jpeg.2563326c183f8fc4204d8b774d6bfaf0.jpeg

D1F3802E-80E7-4D51-BBCE-FFAC95E08AB2.thumb.jpeg.acd70ddc757f834825244dac4a8c0da0.jpeg

Great looking setup you've got there. Can you share a few more details about your speakers? They're very cool!

Edited by Willmax
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, Willmax said:

Great looking setup you've got there. Can you share a few more details about your speakers they're very cool?

Thank you @Willmax.

They're Australian made WHT PR4 speakers with matching 12" stereo subs.

They're a 12" woofer with a ribbon tweeter and a sensitivity of 102db.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Martykt said:

Thank you @Willmax.

They're Australian made WHT PR4 speakers with matching 12" stereo subs.

They're a 12" woofer with a ribbon tweeter and a sensitivity of 102db.

I'll have to look them up as I don't think I've heard about them before. Thanks for letting me know. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Willmax said:

I'll have to look them up as I don't think I've heard about them before. Thanks for letting me know. 

Strangely not as well known about in Australia, they're biggest market is in Korea and Europe.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, warweary said:

shiny

My room? Thanks ?

I generally listen to music without the main light on, but the amplifier display lights allows me to find the wine bottle hahha

Despite the big screen, I'm pretty much on a strictly 2ch listening diet these days.

On 15/06/2020 at 12:53 PM, DSD_Fan said:

Here is my view by day........ and by night :)

102559990_10158441262282250_8953425920703934809_o.thumb.jpg.b64e605ad4cd0401f4c7b63fa79a2e83.jpg

104333304_10158441262002250_6919303041408018333_o.thumb.jpg.d6341483f9354dfe5db34e35f9428bd3.jpg

Nice system. May I ask if you have tried any valve amps with your SVA-2100? Also, any mods at all on the speakers? I got the same pair and have been thinking about upgrading the crossover. Cheers.

8 hours ago, fell off the boat said:

Nice system. May I ask if you have tried any valve amps with your SVA-2100? Also, any mods at all on the speakers? I got the same pair and have been thinking about upgrading the crossover. Cheers.

No, I haven't tried any valve amps yet. I want to. I'd like a Audio Research 75SE. I do run the Vincent amp in class A mode and it does sound a lot better. Speakers are as I bought them back in the 90's stock and still in great condition. I'd be interested in knowing more about the crossover mod though 

• Like 1

After 2 years of coaxing my wife on the merits of moving my system out of the 3.5M x 3.5M room I'm thrilled to say I finally got the green light.

The most ideal room for the system in our place is up-stairs, and that's the end goal for me. One thing I've come to realise is that in life (and love -lol!) good things come to those who wait - which is what I will have to do in order for the speakers to move up there. 

Until then the speakers are now in our lounge. It's an open plan space so less than ideal, but it sounds much better than the little shoe box the system was in before. The increase in space, has allowed the speakers to breathe and the result is intoxicating. 

20200618_165116.thumb.jpg.467deeb66b775c0eb8d0a378c23572d7.jpg

• Like 18
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Galactic Soap said:

After 2 years of coaxing my wife on the merits of moving my system out of the 3.5M x 3.5M room I'm thrilled to say I finally got the green light.

The most ideal room for the system in our place is up-stairs, and that's the end goal for me. One thing I've come to realise is that in life (and love -lol!) good things come to those who wait - which is what I will have to do in order for the speakers to move up there. 

Until then the speakers are now in our lounge. It's an open plan space so less than ideal, but it sounds much better than the little shoe box the system was in before. The increase in space, has allowed the speakers to breathe and the result is intoxicating. 

20200618_165116.thumb.jpg.467deeb66b775c0eb8d0a378c23572d7.jpg

I also spent a long time trying to convince my wife to move my system to the lounge room, for almost 2 year...until last year. Then i changed strategy and convinced her to move to a new house. Now I have a dedicated listening room 5mx8.3m. I agree good things come to those who wait...and to those who engineer an outcome, in my case?

Is that the P10 you have got there? if so, are you running your entire system through the P10. I am curious as I also have the P10 and run my front end through it.

• Like 2

On 05/06/2020 at 5:48 PM, awayward said:

Try speakers 2.75m apart, sit 3.2m from each tweeter, toe in the speakers so that the line would meet about 1m behind your chair, a good starting point.

That could be the best advice I’ve ever had?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BugleBoy said:

I also spent a long time trying to convince my wife to move my system to the lounge room, for almost 2 year...until last year. Then i changed strategy and convinced her to move to a new house. Now I have a dedicated listening room 5mx8.3m. I agree good things come to those who wait...and to those who engineer an outcome, in my case?

Is that the P10 you have got there? if so, are you running your entire system through the P10. I am curious as I also have the P10 and run my front end through it.

LOL! Could not agree more @BugleBoy :)

It is indeed a P10, unfortunately it is the one causality from the move out of the study. I'll be listing it in the classifieds shortly.  :( 

• Like 1

To Top