My System Today

5 minutes ago, keyse1 said:

No idea

Its a garage so not perfect for sound

ive never thought about it

i figure I could go mad changing things around ?

Having said that I’ll move the speakers closer together and give it a go

Try speakers 2.75m apart, sit 3.2m from each tweeter, toe in the speakers so that the line would meet about 1m behind your chair, a good starting point.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, keyse1 said:

No idea

Its a garage so not perfect for sound

ive never thought about it

i figure I could go mad changing things around ?

Having said that I’ll move the speakers closer together and give it a go

In my garage my Mission M53 speakers are about 3.5m apart and I stand/work about 1-2m back from the plane of their front baffles. 

Not a traditional set up but it images very well (like headphones maybe) and sounds fantastic tonally. 

On 01/06/2020 at 11:39 AM, BugleBoy said:

Hoang Thuc Linh - Con Duong Xua Em Di

Just love this music.

Must be all those years spent in Thailand way back.

Don't speak the lingo but so relaxing listening.

45 minutes ago, Hazzzy said:

Just love this music.

Must be all those years spent in Thailand way back.

Don't speak the lingo but so relaxing listening.

Most of what I listen to...I don’t understand either?. But still enjoy world / fusion music...when done right!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 29/05/2020 at 4:57 PM, BugleBoy said:

I use itunes as file/playlist manager only...the processing is done thorough pure music in Integer & Hog mode...using Barkeley/Audiophilleo USB/SPDIF converter. I then use the Remote app on iphone (synced to my imac) as a remote control...for ease of playing music from my listening position. This set up gives me a lot of flexibility to chase the sound I am 

I have wondered how Roon, Aurender, Antipodes etc could give me a better alternatives to the above...given they are closed systems hence limited flexibility. Would like to get a 101 on this if I am missing something here?

Wow i admire your listening roon with some character gears there and you live somewhere close to me

Roon is the best music playback platform on the planet at this time. When sound quality is  tiny achievable gain  in software development, Roon makes itself standout by its AI and Cloud streaming support like Tidal , for example if you listening Vietnamese music, it will suggest you some great singers and albums in Vietnamese music.  I don’t know how they do and mange that but serious AI has been implemented. if you have a music file, It might compare file harsh signature to match that with albums and artworks. Leave your music librabry for Roon to analyze it in a few hours, you will have a fully organized music library with artworks, album title and artist 

Edited by ikhuong

On 03/06/2020 at 6:08 PM, keyse1 said:

I love my room

freezing cold

ugg boots 

beer

and

Leonard Cohen 
makes me as warm as toast

(I’m a hopeless picture taker)

Is that a haiku? Recognise!

3 hours ago, ikhuong said:

Wow i admire your listening roon with some character gears there and you live somewhere close to me

Roon is the best music playback platform on the planet at this time. When sound quality is  tiny achievable gain  in software development, Roon makes itself standout by its AI and Cloud streaming support like Tidal , for example if you listening Vietnamese music, it will suggest you some great singers and albums in Vietnamese music.  I don’t know how they do and mange that but serious AI has been implemented. if you have a music file, It might compare file harsh signature to match that with albums and artworks. Leave your music librabry for Roon to analyze it in a few hours, you will have a fully organized music library with artworks, album title and artist 

Thanks @ikhuong...would love to get recommendations regarding Vietnamese music and where to buy them.

I should try and understand this whole Roon thing a bit more...the thought of having to redo my playlists with over 3TB of music scares me though!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, The_conductor said:

@Chanh

Great setup, and nice looking room! 
Would you mind sharing what the brand is of your acoustic treatment? Particularly the bubble shaped panels? Cheers.

I’m just starting down the Dedicated room route.... :D Fun times ahead. 

Thanks mate. The bass traps are Primacoustic. The Donut panels are 600mm x 600mm diffusers. I bought them from a local SNAer. Still have surplus if you’re interested to try out? 

Currently, working on my ceiling. 

5F8A7F94-7C14-4709-9D23-B9A54F89DDBD.jpeg

44 minutes ago, wen said:

what a great cassette player the Denon DRF7 is, ah , memories

Same here. That’s the deck which got me into high end cassette use. My father had one. 

• Like 1

i've had two in my lifetime, one died a miserable humid death in th NT, the second was bequethed to me, not working, i passed it on to a fellow SNAer who was going to restore it to it's prime, hope he is enjoying it now.

19 hours ago, BugleBoy said:

Thanks @ikhuong...would love to get recommendations regarding Vietnamese music and where to buy them.

I should try and understand this whole Roon thing a bit more...the thought of having to redo my playlists with over 3TB of music scares me though!

You just need to have internet and  a reasonable powerful computer ,  leave your 3TB library for Roon to run overnight. In the next morning, you will see someone helped you manage your library in a smart and really attention to details with all artists, artwork, bio, lyrics,  spectrum analyzer, also, some related albums.

you can try it any way with free trial, if you like it, I am afraid you need to change your front end streamer to a Roon Ready for sure.

with the music, it will learn your music taste, favorite  singers/artists and will suggest similar albums. 

• Like 1

In the process of fitting spikes, feet and final placement.

I’m still still not sure if I like the top shelf section over the centre speaker (still needs to be joined) or if I should cut it back in-line with the lower shelf. Or keep the top shelf complete and then pull the centre speaker forward.

Either way I will be using a black velvet on top to stop reflections from the screen.

88AC452C-9B66-4682-A64E-DAD5252BE498.thumb.jpeg.12c13c6f33a8ef877d8e579e5d23df25.jpeg

Edited by audiohippo
  • Like 15

12 hours ago, audiohippo said:

I’m still still not sure if I like the top shelf section over the centre speaker (still needs to be joined) or if I should cut it back in-line with the lower shelf. Or keep the top shelf complete and then pull the centre speaker forward.

Either way I will be using a black velvet on top to stop reflections from the screen.

88AC452C-9B66-4682-A64E-DAD5252BE498.thumb.jpeg.12c13c6f33a8ef877d8e579e5d23df25.jpeg

Looks great. 

I vote for cutting them back. Will make them more versatile in the future if you need to change configuration. 

1 hour ago, The Blues said:

Looks great. 

I vote for cutting them back. Will make them more versatile in the future if you need to change configuration. 

Thanks, and yes I agree.

588ED4BC-DEED-4C3B-9EF2-F4812CFEAC62.thumb.jpeg.aae731b44b15d8cfae64d996f2d1cfeb.jpeg

Edited by audiohippo
  • Like 2

On 08/06/2020 at 9:02 AM, audiohippo said:

LOVE the rack!

On ‎8‎/‎06‎/‎2020 at 9:02 AM, audiohippo said:

Never get sick of looking at this room!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mwhouston said:

Moode on the big screen. Quite manageable via TV wifi.

C98C584E-CD44-41D0-9538-DA5F080F5122.jpeg

hmm. Did you just log in to moode.local on your tv’s web browser? I’d never thought of doing that. Or is it something else?

i had a desultory play with getting HDMI out of my pi for the GUI at one point but gave up without trying too hard

• Like 1