My System Today

19 hours ago, BugleBoy said:

Plinius Reference A-300 on audition at the moment.

IMG_1076.thumb.jpg.84fbdaee888d94af91eb4c38486bafa4.jpg

Beautiful setup...., I am at this moment, in love with Accuphase flagship preamps... Great seeing one in this setup. Also keen to know how you're implementing the DG unit? I saw DG-68 is sooon to be released...., and currently in my wish-list. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chanh said:

PinkbyNight - I wish to visit you one day..... With some grapes juice, I am happy to stay in this room, indefinitely. ?

Chanh please  feel free contact if you visit Mel. I wish to visit WA audio group too hopefully restrict lift soon

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Chanh said:

Need another visit after the DAC comes home, Steve! 

Audionote Tantalum resisters overhaul?  

No, already has all those mod's.

Power caps.....:thumb:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chanh said:

Beautiful setup...., I am at this moment, in love with Accuphase flagship preamps... Great seeing one in this setup. Also keen to know how you're implementing the DG unit? I saw DG-68 is sooon to be released...., and currently in my wish-list. 

I hope Accuphase add MQA and DSD support on the DAC side...plus subwoofer voicing. I am not sure how else they could improve on the DG-58. I am curious myself!

1 hour ago, muzzagruzz said:

Beautiful Martens. I’m loving my Oscar Duo stand mounts paired with my Gryphon. 

Oh Boy...your Gryphon should be able to make sweet love to those Oscor Duo's.

I also had Gryphon Antilleons in the past...great amps.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BugleBoy said:

Oh Boy...your Gryphon should be able to make sweet love to those Oscor Duo's.

I also had Gryphon Antilleons in the past...great amps.

Have to mention the build quality of the Martens is superb. 

1 hour ago, BugleBoy said:

I hope Accuphase add MQA and DSD support on the DAC side...plus subwoofer voicing. I am not sure how else they could improve on the DG-58. I am curious myself!

I am using DC-950. Done my rabbit holes journey until I found Accuphase sources and extremely happy with it since.  Have never looked back or feel the itch to pursuit further upgrade. If I am ever to upgrade my DAC, the MSB Select 2 with dual power-base is what I have my eyes set on when funding becomes feasible.

I use Roon and it is fantastic...., again on this interface I have also never look back..... Until date, I failed to find there is better digital files management close to Roon. 

Currently, I am looking forward to my Accuphase C-3900 in early August. Going to be interesting..... 

• Like 1

I use itunes as file/playlist manager only...the processing is done thorough pure music in Integer & Hog mode...using Barkeley/Audiophilleo USB/SPDIF converter. I then use the Remote app on iphone (synced to my imac) as a remote control...for ease of playing music from my listening position. This set up gives me a lot of flexibility to chase the sound I am after.

I have wondered how Roon, Aurender, Antipodes etc could give me a better alternatives to the above...given they are closed systems hence limited flexibility. Would like to get a 101 on this if I am missing something here?

39 minutes ago, Chanh said:

I am using DC-950. Done my rabbit holes journey until I found Accuphase sources and extremely happy with it since.  Have never looked back or feel the itch to pursuit further upgrade. If I am ever to upgrade my DAC, the MSB Select 2 with dual power-base is what I have my eyes set on when funding becomes feasible.

I use Roon and it is fantastic...., again on this interface I have also never look back..... Until date, I failed to find there is better digital files management close to Roon. 

Currently, I am looking forward to my Accuphase C-3900 in early August. Going to be interesting..... 

I use itunes as file/playlist manager only...the processing is done thorough pure music in Integer & Hog mode...using Barkeley/Audiophilleo USB/SPDIF converter. I then use the Remote app on iphone (synced to my imac) as a remote control...for ease of playing music from my listening position. This set up gives me a lot of flexibility to chase the sound I am after.

I have wondered how Roon, Aurender, Antipodes etc could give me a better alternatives to the above...given they are closed systems hence limited flexibility. Would like to get a 101 on this if I am missing something here?

5 hours ago, BugleBoy said:

I wish you are in WA, for I to show you....!

Edited by Chanh

On 29/05/2020 at 4:41 PM, Chanh said:

I wish you are in WA, for I to show you....!

I heard the Roon a while back in LA through some Vandersteen speakers, it was in conjunction with a device that I think was by Musical Fidelity, that was only $500 to $1000. Not sure exactly what it did but the guy went on about resolution. Do you know what i am talking about?

Also did you do the comparison talked about Itunes, Pure Music vs Roon. 

1 hour ago, russell66 said:

I heard the Roon a while back in LA through some Vandersteen speakers, it was in conjunction with a device that I think was by Musical Fidelity, that was only $500 to $1000. Not sure exactly what it did but the guy went on about resolution. Do you know what i am talking about?

Also did you do the comparison talked about Itunes, Pure Music vs Roon. 

In term of resolutions and clarity..., Roon is, from my very own experiment, falling behind HQ-Player. Hence, my CA setup is dual PC. ControlPC is Roon core and AudioPC is HQPlayer. ControlPC interface to AudioPC via Ethernet Cat7 cable Only. AudioPC is connect to DAC via USB. 

Both Roon and HQ-Player has flexibility with room correction via convolution. 

Had tried from Most if not all players from Windows/Mac to Linux as OS... Now settle this combo as best compromised digital medium. 

hope it helps. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Chanh said:

In term of resolutions and clarity..., Roon is, from my very own experiment, falling behind HQ-Player. Hence, my CA setup is dual PC. ControlPC is Roon core and AudioPC is HQPlayer. ControlPC interface to AudioPC via Ethernet Cat7 cable Only. AudioPC is connect to DAC via USB. 

Both Roon and HQ-Player has flexibility with room correction via convolution. 

Had tried from Most if not all players from Windows/Mac to Linux as OS... Now settle this combo as best compromised digital medium. 

hope it helps. 

I agree with you about Roon and HQP, although i think the difference is stemming from advances in HQP  - particularly EC modulators and very long filters.

The other advantage is you can use apodizing filters for poor source quality material and partially "correct" it. While using 1 million tap filters for high quality source material. Then you can "tune" it with convolution for flat, down-sloping, bass boost etc.

Remember when people/us used to change dacs and other components to do all this?

• Like 1

On 26/05/2020 at 9:03 AM, demmauhong said:

44E27D8F-5ABF-4D67-B3A7-71C55D3EBBD1.jpeg

A5011936-BC74-4403-BB63-BFC5784FC544.jpeg

0B213CC4-FC85-459C-93E4-6485C5877603.jpeg

Love the style.

Could you tell me about the treatments you're using on both ceiling and walls? Particularly the wall panelling.

On 31/05/2020 at 11:24 AM, joz said:

Love the style.

Could you tell me about the treatments you're using on both ceiling and walls? Particularly the wall panelling.

Thanks 

After professional sound measurement set up mine music room sound dead no life.  Currently set up by myself. Order custom made everything from oversea. Best Quality " Plus  Harmonix Room running RF-7800

Edited by demmauhong

Spent the Weekend auditioning the Plinius A-300. Did not leave house?.

To buy or Not to Buy? Leaning towards a 'Buy' for now!

Hoang Thuc Linh - Con Duong Xua Em Di

Peter Hurford - Toccata (Bach)

Killing me softly - Susan Wong

Angel - Sarah McLachlan

Edited by BugleBoy
Typo
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, demmauhong said:

Thanks 

After professional sound measurement set up mine music room sound dead no life.  Currently set up by myself. Order custom made everything from oversea. Best Quality " Plus  Harmonix Room running RF-7800

You’re not alone in this regard. I have came across many fall into same pitfalls. Interesting..., what measurable well does not entirely sounded well to the human ears...... I too did the acoustic treatment myself from my very own personal evaluation and experiments. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, BugleBoy said:

Spent the Weekend auditioning the Plinius A-300. Did not leave house?.

To buy or Not to Buy? Leaning towards a 'Buy' for now!

Hoang Thuc Linh - Con Duong Xua Em Di

Peter Hurford - Toccata (Bach)

Killing me softly - Susan Wong

Angel - Sarah McLachlan

Have you give the Gryphon Mesphisto a chance before deciding? 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Chanh said:

I too did the acoustic treatment myself from my very own personal evaluation and experiments. 

And a very excellent result you have achieved @Chanh...... very impressive ?System is sounding incredible ??

• Like 1