My System Today

Mixing some work, playing guitar, and listening to records. Currently have a double LP12 setup- will likely sell the old fluted plinth one which I have just finished putting together from parts. 

42E1E23B-C6FD-46F4-8C2F-54A9A7AFF928.jpeg

Edited by Juzbear
  • Like 13

On 22/05/2020 at 3:50 PM, awayward said:

Got my bass traps up, made nice little tripod stands so they are free standing and easily movable, just hope I don’t have an earthquake, will paint then white now.

ADFB57C5-8CD1-4131-A3D0-AA99D9298306.jpeg

BC6F6408-5517-4962-ACA2-1A6BA9873EC5.jpeg

Do you find if they are effective?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TDX said:

Do you find if they are effective?

Yes, there has been a nice improvement to the clarity and definition of the bass. Surprisingly I’ve had the turn the subs up a couple of notches, the traps aren’t rated to help much under the 60hz but I suspect they do reduce a bit of that sub bass boom coming out of the corners.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, awayward said:

Yes, there has been a nice improvement to the clarity and definition of the bass. Surprisingly I’ve had the turn the subs up a couple of notches, the traps aren’t rated to help much under the 60hz but I suspect they do reduce a bit of that sub bass boom coming out of the corners.

Glad to hear your bass traps are effective.

By the way, what brand are they?

Cheers

11 minutes ago, Aperalim said:

Glad to hear your bass traps are effective.

By the way, what brand are they?

Cheers

Sonitus Acoustics, and 35% discount for SNA members.

Edited by awayward
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hydrology said:

First time since taking the Wharfedales home on Tuesday, have I seen them in natural light

_MAY0030.jpg

Looks great! I take it the 390 pairs with them well?

11 minutes ago, Hydrology said:

First time since taking the Wharfedales home on Tuesday, have I seen them in natural light

_MAY0030.jpg

Such big towers of power, and volume level is set to 13?

Just now, Hydrology said:

Was before the 10 am curfew...

My neighbours know better than to complain. Otherwise they get "Funkytown" at 2am.

First time I’ve had the 12” concentric Beymas out driven by the Holton amp. Usually I bring out the 2W 6L6 SE UL wine box amp to pair with them. 

Definitely a bass lift up from the tube amp. The Holton amp does bass well and it’s obvious through the Beymas which don’t go super low.  I little more forward than the horns but good for a few days of change.

New Xovers in these - 1100hz first order - great immediacy. At 98db sensitive it’s nice to listen to some high efficiency speaker and all they bring.

Wines chilling, wife’s back at work, going to be a great afternoon.

92213E8B-AD22-4A8E-B70A-D6D8439330FF.jpeg

• Like 5

12 hours ago, demmauhong said:

44E27D8F-5ABF-4D67-B3A7-71C55D3EBBD1.jpeg

A5011936-BC74-4403-BB63-BFC5784FC544.jpeg

0B213CC4-FC85-459C-93E4-6485C5877603.jpeg

Actually, the lamps are the best thing in that room, by a long shot. Though if it was me, I would have got different colored lamps, same style though. 

To Top