My System Today

2 hours ago, cheekyboy said:

Ah, S, a very familiar room and good to see it again mate. One of the very best sound systems I’v had the pleasure to enjoy.

Cheers,

Keith

I think you're due for another road trip to Adelaide , Keith.

It's been a while since you were here ( late 2016 I think)

I've moved the speakers further in to the room, wider apart and with more toe-in , and things are now sounding better than before.

Cheers

Suresh

• Like 1

A good friend from SNA sent me these 404LE to compare to my hd800sdr. I also got my rockna Wave dream Signature balanced DAC in this week so many pleasurable hours enjoying the upgrade and testing the loaned stax. Happy Sunday guys.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/706317542020481114/711435271912292402/IMG_20200515_185902.jpg

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Willmax said:

I have fond memories of @pine weasel's gorgeous room when he hosted the Kyron demonstration a few years back. Stunning house as well I might add.

amazing, who is the artist please 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, pine weasel said:

Yes,  they're hippos, but they could also work as cable lifters, or magical resonance control devices!

Well they sure are earning their keep. Hard workers and being robust, cute and all......

:thumb:

11 minutes ago, pine weasel said:

@Hydrology ,Perhaps slightly off-topic, but how do you take those beautiful photos?

They always look absolutely stunning.

I'm assuming they're not just taken with a phone camera?

Cheers

Thanks mate!

Use a Sony A7RIII and 24-70 lens for most of them. Big fan of design and think audio equipment deserves its design to be shown off in the best possible way!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Willmax said:

Petra Magoni & Ferruccio Spinetti from Musica Nuda

thanks 

yes, looked it up through the you tube clip, just ordered some of their CD's, but don't think i got the elanor rigby cover on them

55 minutes ago, Hydrology said:

Thanks mate!

Use a Sony A7RIII and 24-70 lens for most of them. Big fan of design and think audio equipment deserves its design to be shown off in the best possible way!

Cheers

I've tried with an old Canon 7D and 24-70, but I've struggled to get the lighting right.

Do you use an external flash?

28 minutes ago, pine weasel said:

Cheers

I've tried with an old Canon 7D and 24-70, but I've struggled to get the lighting right.

Do you use an external flash?

For the hifi photos, never actually, the evening time pics just use whatever light is available. The Sony's do have incredible range in low level so Im fortunate in that regard!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Mord said:

thanks 

yes, looked it up through the you tube clip, just ordered some of their CD's, but don't think i got the elanor rigby cover on them

If i am understanding you correctly, you need this one.

Screen Shot 2020-05-17 at 8.02.43 pm.png

On 16/05/2020 at 9:41 PM, pine weasel said:

It's cold in Adelaide tonight.

IMG_9609.jpg.a5c50570a9455ff56fb375bdddcf31d4.jpg

IMG_9605.jpg.8f623b3998a1de3efc4be7424a7e7362.jpg

Those SFs are a lot further into the room mate, and great to see you around too. Hope you and the family are well!

On 17/05/2020 at 11:17 AM, pine weasel said:

I think you're due for another road trip to Adelaide , Keith.

It's been a while since you were here ( late 2016 I think)

I've moved the speakers further in to the room, wider apart and with more toe-in , and things are now sounding better than before.

Cheers

Suresh

Yes, Suresh, it has indeed been too long since I was over there and it would be great to catch up and have a listen to that fabulous system again. 

Cheers, 

Keith

• Like 1

Never really been a Sonus Faber lover, and when i first got these they were very frustrating. A reasonable amount of moving them around and finally they are sounding pretty good. Bit chilli these days in Perth so I like to keep the TV warm.

0.jpg

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Lil Caesar said:

image.thumb.jpg.04a2721fcc3f1f9f803cf7fa3df480bd.jpg
Wharfedale Lintons on duty tonight for some 2 channel love after three nights of Arthouse films.  Cozy in the man cave with the climate control doing its thing ?

Those Wharfedale look lovely, I bet they sound good too ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Lil Caesar said:

Very chic mid century modern setup there... what are the speakers ?

Thanks mate, they are Tannoy Berkeleys, easier to work out with their covers removed

20200418_212803.thumb.jpg.7c18c0c96d6f128bc20451a04c0ae3ee.jpg

Edited by Willmax
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

To Top