My System Today

11 hours ago, zenikoy said:

New arrangement. Very happy with how it is working out. Vinyl still in boxes but slowly coming out. Nice to have the doors on the Kallax to hide the Nintendo ?

20200415_085149.thumb.jpg.8b3e61cbf3c7a214366a0f1f9bca3be3.jpg

Nice.

Love the fender silverface.

Diy Speakers 

Project Owner : Mr Richard Priddle

Project Manager : Mr Rudy Kozusnicek & Mr Richard Priddle

Parts: 6 Ribbon Peerless Tweeters 

4 Peerless drivers 

1  Dome infinity Mid 

3  Vifa Woofers

Infinity Rs Series Crossover Work  

# 30th April , 1989

IMG_3274.JPG

Edited by MachineMastering
  • Like 9

13 hours ago, Assisi said:

Obviously the photo below is not my system.  The Easter Bunny came late.  There is a small matter of a virus that has impacted the world including freight deliveries.  The speakers in the boxes were meant to be here before Easter.  Hopefully they will be set up tomorrow and I will reveal my system as it will be  for the foreseeable future.  They are too heavy for me to set up on my own.  I need assistance.   I cannot even see what they look like as they are covered in black cloth.  The suspense

Till to tomorrow.

John

Tension builds.  What are these mystery speakers... and how will they impact us in the days to come?

This and more will be revealed in the next daily instalment. Stayed tuned, listeners.

2 hours ago, MachineMastering said:

Diy Speakers 

Project Owner : Mr Richard Priddle

Project Manager : Mr Rudy Kozusnicek & Mr Richard Priddle

Parts: 6 Ribbon Peerless Tweeters 

4 Peerless drivers 

1  Dome infinity Mid 

3  Vifa Woofers

Infinity Rs Series Crossover Work  

# 30th April , 1989

IMG_3274.JPG

Neumann KH420?

5 minutes ago, DarkTree said:

Very nice! You use(d) them for mastering as well?

Yes for mastering but sometimes listen vinyl

Neumann back settings very usefull parametic eq and more

My personal speakers Voicebox S 

IMG_1355.JPG

Edited by MachineMastering
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, frednork said:

Suspense indeed!!

The person with the biggest dose of suspense was me.  The speakers took longer to come than expected.  Mind you I always say the anticipation is half the pleasure and I was rewarded.  They were a special order as I wanted a matte finish and not gloss.  They normally come in gloss only.  I was quite desperate to see them.  They are exactly what I wanted. 

I have coveted the Marten Mingus for some years.  The big issue was that the affordability was a very very steep mountain for me to climb.  With the way we are all required to live at the moment it made me contemplate amongst various things, my mortality.  I have no intention of falling off my perch for some time to come.  Yet I did think it would not be good for me to pass on just wondering how my system would sound with these speakers?  I decided why not?  Bugger it.  Just do it.  Just more debt.  So now I know the answer to the wondering.  These speakers are the end game for me. 

The primary basis to my system is a Weiss 502 Roon End point, Weiss Man 301 Streamer, Weiss Medus DAC, Soulution Level 5 Pre, Soulution Level 5 Power plus now the Martens.  There are numerous other bits and accessories such as a Linux box for Roon core, NAS, Power conditioner, Ethernet switch, Spec RSP and more.  Straight out of the boxes the speakers are seriously sublime both visually and sound wise.  I do expect over the next few weeks that there will be SQ improvement as the speakers settle in.  I am very satisfied with the outcome.  All that has to happen now is that the speakers get the PAF tick this evening.  I am sure they will. 

John

IMG_5703.jpg

IMG_5705.jpg

IMG_5706.jpg

Edited by Assisi
  • Like 26

1 hour ago, Assisi said:

The person with the biggest dose of suspense was me.  The speakers took longer to come than expected.  Mind you I always say the anticipation is half the pleasure and I was rewarded.  They were a special order as I wanted a matte finish and not gloss.  They normally come in gloss only.  I was quite desperate to see them.  They are exactly what I wanted. 

I have coveted the Marten Mingus for some years.  The big issue was that the affordability was a very very steep mountain for me to climb.  With the way we are all required to live at the moment it made me contemplate amongst various things, my mortality.  I have no intention of falling off my perch for some time to come.  Yet I did think it would not be good for me to pass on just wondering how my system would sound with these speakers?  I decided why not?  Bugger it.  Just do it.  Just more debt.  So now I know the answer to the wondering.  These speakers are the end game for me. 

The primary basis to my system is a Weiss 502 Roon End point, Weiss Man 301 Streamer, Weiss Medus DAC, Soulution Level 5 Pre, Soulution Level 5 Power plus now the Martens.  There are numerous other bits and accessories such as a Linux box for Roon core, NAS, Power conditioner, Ethernet switch, Spec RSP and more.  Straight out of the boxes the speakers are seriously sublime both visually and sound wise.  I do expect over the next few weeks that there will be SQ improvement as the speakers settle in.  I am very satisfied with the outcome.  All that has to happen now is that the speakers get the PAF tick this evening.  I am sure they will. 

John

IMG_5703.jpg

Gorgeous, John. Well done!

Quintet I assume? Fantastic! They look superb. Congrats! I haven't heard Martens but have been meaning to.  (yes there is a none too subtle hint there) :thumbsup:

I know its early but where is the biggest improvement for you?

Edited by frednork

2 hours ago, frednork said:

Quintet I assume? Fantastic! They look superb. Congrats! I haven't heard Martens but have been meaning to.  (yes there is a none too subtle hint there) :thumbsup:

I know its early but where is the biggest improvement for you?

@frednork

They are the Quintet.  Immediately it was the clean detail with bass like I have never had before plus the HF that was noticeable.  I think that the Mid will need time.  The manual says 200 hrs for settling in to do its magic.  Right now they are just wonderful.  The SQ gets you right in the heart.  A really satisfying feel good.

The PAF was ticked off to night.  I had not expected otherwise.  This is now the second time that PAF has played an important influence in my speaker selection. 

In respect of the hint any time that works for you isolation excepted you are most welcome.

John

• Like 1

Do you think it sounds "cleaner" perhaps due to the driver design?

10 minutes ago, Assisi said:

In respect of the hint any time that works for you isolation excepted you are most welcome.

Will make the isolation feel even longer now!:laugh:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Assisi said:

The PAF was ticked off to night.  I had not expected otherwise.  This is now the second time that PAF has played an important influence in my speaker selection. 

Were you knocked back on the orchestra?

40 minutes ago, frednork said:

Do you think it sounds "cleaner" perhaps due to the driver design?

The diamond tweeter, the ceramic midrange and the aluminium bass drivers are utilised I expect because of their respective characteristic benefits.  I also assume that the result is to do with other aspects such as cabinet design plus internals, wiring and the first order crossover.  I do not appreciate the technical details.  To me it is all about the outcome.

John

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, frednork said:

Were you knocked back on the orchestra?

No.  I was told that I should not have wasted my time listening to system and instead learnt to play an actual instrument.  If had followed that wise advice many years ago I would now be a virtuoso.  I was also told very bluntly it is not too late and to get on with it.

John

Edited by Assisi
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Assisi said:

The diamond tweeter, the ceramic midrange and the aluminium bass drivers are utilised I expect because of their respective characteristic benefits.  I also assume that the result is to do with other aspects such as cabinet design plus internals, wiring and the first order crossover.  I do not appreciate the technical details.  To me it is all about the outcome.

John

Nice pick up John, I have heard these previously and was super impressed myself. Enjoy!

5 minutes ago, Assisi said:

No.  I was told that I should not have wasted my time listening to system and instead learnt to play an actual instrument.  If had followed that wise advice many years ago I would now be a virtuoso.  I was also told very bluntly it is not too late and to get on with it.

John

Ahh well, if everyone did that then there would be no-one to listen to people playing their instruments and even less income for the instrument players. You have sacrificed that dream and chosen a much more noble and selfless path. 

• Like 4