My System Today

1 minute ago, mwhouston said:

Tell me about the speakers. . 

Tang Band neodymium 8 inch mid range with wizzer removed, Raal amphorous ribbon.

The TB run full range no xover cover ~ 60 hz to ~ 12k, the ribbons are crossed at 10.5 K with a cap and do top end.

Big , wide cabinets bottom ported.....~ 96db x 1M

The kicker is the woofers.... 2 x 15” 100 db x 1 M they cover 220 hz and below down to whatever...

All driven by ~ 8 or 9 watt SET 300B amp.....goes ok..???

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Mendes said:

Life seems to have gotten in the way the last month, but it’s always there when you need some comfort.

Linda Ronstadt.. Simple Dreams, singing some Warren Zevon tunes....❤️

F6D2ADBA-174F-4938-9DCA-478972DE2935.jpeg

Looks like an interesting system...

• Like 1

• Volunteer
8 hours ago, Mendes said:

Life seems to have gotten in the way the last month, but it’s always there when you need some comfort.

Linda Ronstadt.. Simple Dreams, singing some Warren Zevon tunes....❤️

F6D2ADBA-174F-4938-9DCA-478972DE2935.jpeg

The left speaker needs a bit more toe-in :)

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Some temporary  guests have moved in, still trying to get the best out of them via positioning. They haven’t got the illuminators slam nor is their bass as deep and articulate but they certainly have something . Dreaming of mods that could really really  lift them to epic status.

Oh and they are certainly thirsty when it comes to power.

Thanks to @ppsa who was a complete pleasure to deal with for the purchase.

90B81769-D1F4-418D-B469-267CD7C1F162.jpeg63E7CB1A-BDAE-4E57-8A78-512B75416ECB.jpeg567FB714-194A-4E9A-925C-B9CD36C52186.jpeg

• Like 21
  • Love 1

27 minutes ago, sir sanders zingmore said:

Looking fantastic @joz ?

Thanks even the wife loves the look of them. They look great in the room. Everything seems to look better since I re painted the wall a darker color.

Though I do miss the big boys.

1 hour ago, joz said:

Some temporary  guests have moved in, still trying to get the best out of them via positioning. They haven’t got the illuminators slam nor is their bass as deep and articulate but they certainly have something . Dreaming of mods that could really really  lift them to epic status.

90B81769-D1F4-418D-B469-267CD7C1F162.jpeg63E7CB1A-BDAE-4E57-8A78-512B75416ECB.jpeg567FB714-194A-4E9A-925C-B9CD36C52186.jpeg

They look great in your room and certainly have space to let them to breathe. Top notch! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, joz said:

Room looks great, colour is good!!  ML's look good too. Just need to add another 3 bass drivers per side and all should be good:huh:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AudioGeek said:

Well there is the opportunity to fill in the missing bass!

Just thing about the best way to do it, they’re JBL 2245s so not to bass shy but I feel something sealed may be better.

15 hours ago, joz said:

If they're anything like the current model Monoliths you picked up an absolute steal @joz !! :thumb:

How are the fish going in their new tank?

• Like 2

15 hours ago, joz said:

Some fancy new guests indeed Jo and they do look rather grand in your new palatial settings. Shame about those feet tho...?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, ChupaChups said:

Some fancy new guests indeed Jo and they do look rather grand in your new palatial settings. Shame about those feet tho...?

New palatial settings? It looks like the same room I’ve been in, but unfortunately, not for too many years now @joz. Looks a little different though, but that’s probably because the Illuminators aren’t there.

Cheers Keith

• Love 1

On 02/04/2020 at 11:24 PM, mwhouston said:

I have been on the receiving end of theses speakers. They produce a solid wall of sound. Very commandingly. 

Thanks Marc ,

Well at the time of your visit ,  I was not aware that there is tiny switch at the back of  my ATC  power amp which was set to RCA input instead of ballanced.....That's why they sounded a bit restricted  . I found out a couple of days later......

Today I am listening to the music on my PC, this is a rare thing for me as up until very recently it was crap to be honest.

I used to have the output from the headphone socket going into my DIY HPA/pre into the ACA and then Vintage Wharfedales.

I now use the USB via the Topping D10. What a difference!

IMG_0002.thumb.JPG.5f725f9159ff796b5eaffb323c8369b9.JPG

• Like 6