My System Today

C0652E7E-D815-4C6E-9F7A-3998B5C881F5.thumb.jpeg.bbde2dc137c3137afc10620b33a1994f.jpegHere you go. This weekend I’m lucky enough to try some Big Blue Bricks! My son replicated the room by LEGO which I think is pretty good :) 

2BA459E3-EFEC-4450-9399-76892A516993.jpeg

Edited by TDX
  • Like 12
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, TDX said:

Here you go. This weekend I’m lucky enough to try some Big Blue Bricks! My son replicated the room by LEGO which I think is pretty good :) 

1 hour ago, TDX said:

Mate I’m still young here no grand children for another 20 years :D 

Thanks for the clarification about age. I was about to ask if your son was studying Fine Arts at Uni, or was he in Advertising?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Galactic Soap said:

WOW - top stuff hippo. Did you do all the above yourself? Very nice!

Thanks, yes the whole room actually. It’s been a LONG process. Almost done!

E422831D-3BEE-4F25-AA37-1A534C94728C.thumb.jpeg.f28a0ab90c0a84fe88f6a8ea0edb8162.jpeg

Edited by audiohippo
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, crtexcnndrm99 said:

Room shenanigans continue. Swapped the system to the opposite end of the room this evening. As @cheekyboy hinted, the extra distance between speakers (and a tad more from front wall) was well worth it. Letting things settle before fine tuning speaker and sub positioning. 

305C20BD-5168-470C-9DD0-C3D743115ED2.thumb.jpeg.7e2f32010535904329aef27e133cbb4d.jpeg

Hello 99, that move around looks like it has helped and your speakers will certainly image better in that new position. They look like they are now 1 - 1.5 mts out from the wall behind, first reflections should not be an issue either with the various bits of furniture on both sides that will break that up nicely.

Are your speakers sealed or vented and if vented, is the port on the front or rear baffle? If they’re sealed or front ported, you may find you could move them back a bit and get the left side of the RHS speaker in behind the corner of the piano, without any great impact on the sound and that may allow you to get them a little bit further apart.

You just need to keep experimenting with layout and it does take time to change, monitor, change again and again until you get it right. Just over three years ago I moved into much smaller digs and I now have two fairly large speaker systems in a living room that is 3.5 x 5.5 mts, so you may have to compromise a bit, but you can achieve a great sound in a small room.

Cheers,

Keith

Edited by cheekyboy
  • Like 2

@MachineMastering - That's a Line Magnetic LM-512ca preamp: 

https://www.line-magnetic.eu/en/products-line-magnetic-en/vacuum-tube-preamplifier-line-magnetic-en/lm-512ca-préamplificateur-tubes-6kz8,-6922,-rca-22de4-detail

Its a 240v version designed for the Australian market I picked up from Bill McLean. It's imparted depth and layering to my system that I was yet to experience. 

This year has seen a bit of a wholesale change in components. At the start of the year my system had the following components:

DAC + Upsampler: Chord DAVE & Blu Mk2

TRANSPORT: Lumin U1 Mini 

PREAMP:  Accuphase C2820

AMPLIFIER: Accuphase A70

CABLES: Top of the range Audioquest interconnects & along with their best all copper speaker cable 

SPEAKERS: TAD CR-1

Now my system is made up of:

DAC'S: Reimyo DAP-999LTD + Audion Note Kits DAC 5.1 Signature 

TRANSPORT - Primare NP5 + Schiit Eitr

PREAMP: Line Magnetic LM512ca

AMPLIFIER: March Audio NC1200 Hypex Mono's

CABLES: Mogami Gold interconnects + Shunyata Anaconda speaker cables 

I'm finding the change in components has introduced an increase in musicality. The components I had earlier were excellent, and there's no doubt that the previous incarnation of my system had higher resolution, but with the introduction of tubes I'm enjoying my system more than I have in the past. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Galactic Soap said:

@MachineMastering - That's a Line Magnetic LM-512ca preamp: 

https://www.line-magnetic.eu/en/products-line-magnetic-en/vacuum-tube-preamplifier-line-magnetic-en/lm-512ca-préamplificateur-tubes-6kz8,-6922,-rca-22de4-detail

Its a 240v version designed for the Australian market I picked up from Bill McLean. It's imparted depth and layering to my system that I was yet to experience. 

This year has seen a bit of a wholesale change in components. At the start of the year my system had the following components:

DAC + Upsampler: Chord DAVE & Blu Mk2

TRANSPORT: Lumin U1 Mini 

PREAMP:  Accuphase C2820

AMPLIFIER: Accuphase A70

CABLES: Top of the range Audioquest interconnects & along with their best all copper speaker cable 

Now my system is made up of:

DAC'S: Reimyo DAP-999LTD + Audion Note Kits DAC 5.1 Signature 

TRANSPORT - Primare NP5 + Schiit Eitr

PREAMP: Line Magnetic LM512ca

AMPLIFIER: March Audio NC1200 Hypex Mono's

CABLES: Mogami Gold interconnects + Shunyata Anaconda speaker cables 

I'm finding the change in components has introduced an increase in musicality. The components I had earlier were excellent, and there's no doubt that the previous incarnation of my system had higher resolution, but with the introduction of tubes I'm enjoying my system more than I have in the past. 

Thanks ? very nice signal fallow ?

• Like 1