My System Today

4 minutes ago, crtexcnndrm99 said:

Yes, but we’re you aware he was listening to the plants? Shoddy double blind I think tsk tsk

I only asked if he could see the plants or not. I didn't say anything about listening.

36 minutes ago, La scala said:

We spend hours to pick off all the leaves from the Menturian Pear Tree just to get the back jards soundstaging just right.

Suppose would have been easier to blast them off with some serious SPL from the folded horn subs however we had to consider our fence and neibours, and John Farnseys vibes wouldn’t have cut it either. ?

77AB4E00-6C9A-4795-B1B0-10605B40DA38.jpeg

A bit of a waste building a house for a bass trap... 2 story duplex units work far better.

• Like 1

Back on topic ....  Franken Krell on life support in the background. The new baby Krell getting a bit of diagnostic work done. 

Who doesn't pull apart amplifiers in their living room ?

IMG_20190920_153747.jpg.b7e274d94a2d0892859db60e25a7ac95.jpg

Edited by n0bleINtP

8 minutes ago, KRSDarwin said:

Sunday morning spin after a bike ride

Electric Light Orchestra, The Night the Light Went on in Longbeach

17C3101B-5409-4F82-81D0-E493FC2DECB9.jpeg

B8F035B3-97E1-471A-BA64-8AD7920867BB.jpeg

It certainly doesn’t hurt to have your gear tucked away. Looks neat and I’m sure more enjoyable than a ton gear exposed. 

• Like 1

Streaming Van Morrison and Joey DeFrancesco, Have I told you lately?

This album is a perfect example of the music I absolutely love. The title track also happens to be our wedding song.

image.jpg

Edited by jt301
  • Like 7

18 hours ago, jt301 said:

Streaming Van Morrison and Joey DeFrancesco, Have I told you lately?

This album is a perfect example of the music I absolutely love. The title track also happens to be our wedding song.

image.jpg

How good is Joey Defrancesco?  Saw him earlier this year at Generations in Jazz in Mt Gambier.  Morrison puts on a big jazz comp for school kids there and part of that is a nightly concert.   Joey was sensational.  Preferred him on the Hammond B3 rather than the sax but either way what a talented guy.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Yamaha_man said:

Best amp stands ive ever heard, wish I could afford another pair for the TAD’s. ??

Those beaut amps under the Yamahas look more like the Danish Vitus variety than Krells ?

Keeping those speaker cables as short as poss is a plus and lookes darn cool placed under the speakers I think.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, La scala said:

and lookes darn cool placed under the speakers I think.

it may look cool and might be very solid providing good support for the speakers.

But... if the speakers are ever used, it does not do anything good to the amps.

Some people put anti-vibration feet under their components. Others - make them vibrate on purpose ?

2 hours ago, rockeater said:

it may look cool and might be very solid providing good support for the speakers.

But... if the speakers are ever used, it does not do anything good to the amps.

Some people put anti-vibration feet under their components. Others - make them vibrate on purpose ?

Looks great really, however if hey are very hot running class A beauties, likely to leave a heat imprint the bottom of the Yamahas veneer. 

Otherwise not very different to Active speakers with their amps shoehorned into the cabinets. Shortest possible speaker cable runs are ideal unless certain cable capacitance is used to help tailor ones sound.

Recently heard the same NS Yamahas driven by a Balanced Audio Technologies VK500 Amp that I subsequently bought.

Edited by La scala
pic

download.jpgStack attack for the ultimate in comb filtering plus EMF radiation attack.

Looking back at vintage gear, there was a knob and attenuator for everything to tailor the sound to ones liking.

Nowadays minimalist designs only allow you to tune via interconnects, speaker cables, room treatments, valves, front end components swaps etc. to achieve audio nirvana however at a significant cost $$$. 

Edited by La scala