My System Today

20 minutes ago, A J said:

No feet sorry - I’ll refresh later with a snap from my main system. Anyway I was really-watching the Cures live streamed concert Disintegration from the Sydney Opera house - this was just an amazing concert.
Roon via streaming for music (Pi Ropee with LCD screen) NAD M51 - A/V via silent NUC and also Apple TV - Media steaming via Synology 916+ and NBN/Wireless via Netgear Nighthawk. Trusty Pana 55” TV.

f4a1532df1d04016667ee7a448206f73.jpg

nice rack...:thumb:

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, A J said:

No feet sorry - I’ll refresh later with a snap from my main system. Anyway I was really-watching the Cures live streamed concert Disintegration from the Sydney Opera house - this was just an amazing concert.
Roon via streaming for music (Pi Ropee with LCD screen) NAD M51 - A/V via silent NUC and also Apple TV - Media steaming via Synology 916+ and NBN/Wireless via Netgear Nighthawk. Trusty Pana 55” TV.

f4a1532df1d04016667ee7a448206f73.jpg

Very nice

Did you buy the silent NUC all done or a bit of a DIY kit?

Just moved to our new home, started with my son's Cambridge one all in one unit and his blumenstein 3 inch, today unpacked my TT and phono, so using the Cambridge to run the TT atm....better than nothing lol20190622_225035.jpeg

• Like 7

47 minutes ago, dwbasement said:

Just moved to our new home, started with my son's Cambridge one all in one unit and his blumenstein 3 inch, today unpacked my TT and phono, so using the Cambridge to run the TT atm....better than nothing lol20190622_225035.jpeg

A lot better than nothing and better than some. The focus now can fall to the music and not the gear. 

• Like 1

Very nice

Did you buy the silent NUC all done or a bit of a DIY kit?

It was DIY - got the case imported from Germany - looks & performs fantastic and has never run too hot

ce3d83ae4f00d89dbcc5e308b40cf629.jpg

PLX 1000 Gold Note PH-10 Vitus R-100 Line Magnetic 502 DAC Pi Roon streamer with Digi one hat lenehan ribbontek into Lenehan ML1 Reference speakers.
It’s my Ironing room system - pity the acoustics are ordinary

• Like 9

ce3d83ae4f00d89dbcc5e308b40cf629.jpg&key=c4fd4a33e46bca51e776f5156899745cd6091ffcb3ade0a2abd3f5caed22a9bd

PLX 1000 Gold Note PH-10 Vitus R-100 Line Magnetic 502 DAC Pi Roon streamer with Digi one hat lenehan ribbontek into Lenehan ML1 Reference speakers.

where are the cables?
how’s the digi one?

After building my third headphone amp in a row and spending somewhere around 100 hours on phones recently it’s nice to be back on the system. Still on CDs. It was only meant to last a week (CD week) but enjoying it so much I’m continuing on.  It could end up CD month. 

1894F0B5-9A8B-4582-BE2A-76C8484D057E.jpeg

• Like 2

where are the cables?
how’s the digi one?

Cables are hidden so come out from the cabinet behind the speakers which are sitting on Lenehan Tune Stands. The Digione is awesome - been running it using volumio but have just ordered a Pi3 to run Ropiee on it wirelessly as I can’t get either of my USB NIC’s to work with it. I would stick with Volumio but it does have to be rebooted now & then.
  • Like 1

On 15/06/2019 at 4:37 PM, deanB said:

IMG_20190615_152844941.thumb.jpg.943f839ba4ab0dec4fb738573603b040.jpg

Equipment rundown-

Source: Naim CD5X/TeddyCap psu.

Preamp: Sonic Frontiers SFL-1. 

Amp: Cymer KT88 Pentode 50W

Speakers: Ascension Monitor 823 TL

Speaker stands: Tauris SP-121

Speaker cable: VdH CS-122

Interconnects: Audio Principe silver teflon rca

Power cable etc: Audio Principe Signature into a PS Audio Dectet feed by a dedicated line.   

Audio rack: ExtremA CS-14

Naim cdp sits on BDR MK3 cones and has 2 Herbies Audiolab Toppers to damp out a resonance zone in the middle of the lid.

I'm happy with the sound quality. The Naim cdp was purchased from @PKay a few years back and continues to impress, the TeddyCap plays it's part too.

The SFL-1 is the most recent addition. I felt the need for a little more precision and speed, it has been a great find. Thanks to @audiodynafor not one but two trips over to my place for demos in my system. 

So I'm very happy with what I have, an engaging and relatively inexpensive, low maintenance system. I've burnt a fair few dollars experimenting and experiencing along the way (sound familiar, anyone?).

I still want to tick off single ended amplification and horns at some point although not necessarily at the same time. And maybe own a X series Pass Labs amp. 

The best thing is the passionate audio people I've met along the way, I don't even know what some of you look like but I know I like youse! So thanks to everyone that's helped me, including the people who have bought gear I've needed to liquidate to move on to the next side/up/down/arse about face/grade. 

NIce looking speakers , and rest of system 

• Like 1

On 23/06/2019 at 3:11 PM, A J said:

How is the LM 502? (if you ever want to sell it, let me know!!) ?