My System Today

4 hours ago, muzzagruzz said:

Yeah, relatively new. Got them late last year - Franco Serblin Accordo. Never heard anything like them before. Detail and imaging is extraordinary.  

Your photo doesn't do justice to the woodwork on those Serblin's Muzzagruzz. I don't know why but I am always reminded of exotic tropical fish in motion when I see them, stunning cabinets.

They must be very special to replace your Kurre's?

Real nice.

Carl

• Like 1

1 hour ago, allthumbs said:

Your photo doesn't do justice to the woodwork on those Serblin's Muzzagruzz. I don't know why but I am always reminded of exotic tropical fish in motion when I see them, stunning cabinets.

Real nice.

Carl

They do look pretty spectacular don’t they. All of the older SF gear I love the look of too.

Would love to hear them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, allthumbs said:

Real nice.

Carl

Thanks Carl. I agree, the photos do not do them justice at all. They are a beautiful piece of artwork and mesmerising to look at. The finish is glorious and the manufacture with individual staves of solid wood fashioned together like only Italian artisans can do. 

The Kurre’s are superb monitors, however, the Accordo’s do take the level of detail up a few notches. 

Ill try and take some other photos showing the stunning woodwork tomorrow and upload. 

• Like 1

Finally...just installed them last night. Played a little with positioning, more dialing over the coming days. 

Will be deploying the DEQX PreMate Plus shortly to help with the room, along with a 3 meter run of AQ Oak. Despite the improvements yet to come they sound utterly amazing. 

20190420_070844.jpg

• Like 18

4 hours ago, Galactic Soap said:

Finally...just installed them last night. Played a little with positioning, more dialing over the coming days. 

Will be deploying the DEQX PreMate Plus shortly to help with the room, along with a 3 meter run of AQ Oak. Despite the improvements yet to come they sound utterly amazing. 

20190420_070844.jpg

Speaker make and model? I’ve seen them even read a review of them but can’t remember what they are. 

My 2nd system 

Sansui AU alpha 707MR 

Technics SL1000mk2 

Consonance CD player Ref 2.2 

Tannoy Cheviot 

the tannoys have been refurbished and the boxes were restored by SNA member Thomo. Looks  brand new and sounds great. 

The room is small 3x 6m 

I am really enjoying this but sadly don’t get to use it enough. 

A8D82AEC-9CE4-42A6-8A82-7E357FA40B92.jpeg

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, hellzigha said:

My 2nd system 

Sansui AU alpha 707MR 

Technics SL1000mk2 

Consonance CD player Ref 2.2 

Tannoy Cheviot 

the tannoys have been refurbished and the boxes were restored by SNA member Thomo. Looks  brand new and sounds great. 

The room is small 3x 6m 

I am really enjoying this but sadly don’t get to use it enough. 

A8D82AEC-9CE4-42A6-8A82-7E357FA40B92.jpeg

Never see this model Tannoy before. Look good. 

55 minutes ago, mwhouston said:

Never see this model Tannoy before. Look good. 

That is a Cheviot and has front grills usually. It usually comes in a cherry/ pine / walnut finish. 

I had these done up in semigloss black. Give it a modern look. 

I am planning to get the grilles wrapped with gold colored cloth. 

Edited by hellzigha
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, hellzigha said:

That is a Cheviot and has front grills usually. It usually comes in a cherry/ pine / walnut finish. 

I had these done up in semigloss black. Give it a modern look. 

I am planning to get the grilles wrapped with gold colored cloth. 

Though I have horns uncovered I prefer speakers with grills on. Looks smarter. Some say the speakers sound better with grills off but under test some are better balanced with on. Room and gear may play a part in the decider. 

• Like 1

Well it’s nearing dusk and the music room has been transformed into a pool room, there should be some nice sounding music as the night progresses, getting louder by the hour I’d say, long night ahead ?

D10CF9A4-963E-4B71-9D2E-FF31A00D3297.jpeg

• Like 8

23 hours ago, awayward said:

Well it’s nearing dusk and the music room has been transformed into a pool room, there should be some nice sounding music as the night progresses, getting louder by the hour I’d say, long night ahead ?

D10CF9A4-963E-4B71-9D2E-FF31A00D3297.jpeg

Wow this is nice. But your not concerned of an over enthusiastic break and a ball going airborne? I know how heavy these tables can be but maybe turning around for safety?