My System Today

On 13/01/2019 at 11:17 PM, Mendes said:

Have spent the last three days tweaking the system, moving components and playing with cables.

Finally time for a listen and evaluation.

So far so good and a big paws up from kitty :thumb:

8B041A14-60B2-4761-AE6C-B18A585EF686.jpeg

CF22A0A4-99B4-415F-B58F-DBAA3ADF1EAB.jpeg

Hi

what brand of ribbon tweeter does the kondo speakers use?

1 minute ago, Island boy said:

I thought they might be raal!

who made the speakers?

Design and initial prototype by Clifford at Audio Synergy here in Perth and then the stunning cabinets and final assembly by Karri Acoustic also in Perth . 

On ‎20‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 6:13 PM, Be Quiet...Listen said:

This has been my afternoon in a nutshell. 

F52FF8E6-0D8F-4C50-960F-53450A12644E.jpeg

What a remote!! The Meridian ones are similar and I quite like them, they sit in my lap just so.

As the arvo wears on, the get a few chip particles and beer on them but they come good with a wipe. :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 20/01/2019 at 8:02 AM, russell66 said:

Not quite playing music yet, but i think they will be in about 4 hrs if all goes well

20190120_075602.jpg

Speakers looking good Russ, are they ready for me to come around for a listening session?

Cheers,  Steve.

2 minutes ago, Island boy said:

Shame!!

what driver does it use?

Tang Band W8-1808 8" Neodymium Full Range Driver   https://www.parts-express.com/tang-band-w8-1808-8-neodymium-full-range-driver--264-894

We cut the wizzer cone off and let it run full range as high and low as it rolls off and just one cap to cross/protect the Raal.

Hope this helps..........:thumb:

7 hours ago, Steve M said:

Speakers looking good Russ, are they ready for me to come around for a listening session?

Cheers,  Steve.

They are up and running, They haven't settled yet, you can come anytime but I would probably give it another week or so, just give me a call though whenever your around. Cheers Russell

My “Daughter’s” System this Morning. 

After purchasing the Music Hall T/T was able to source some Subsonic XB2’s. Liaised with Rod Crawford at Legend, and Krix. Both politely advised they had no 2nds stock. 

Have set up with my old AMC 3050 amp and Denon DCD615 player. All works, just got to give the CD tray a bit of a tap to slot back in properly! Speaker wire from Audio Principe and not so old Chord Signet interconnect. 

And bigosh, once set up, sounds very good. Maybe trial and error with set up but this is the best I could conjure.

Playing some “Audiophile” Crime of the Century. She can play her Agnes Obel, Santa got her for Christmas.

Be no dancing with the TT going! I’ll advise her she can dance with CD’s. She has already asked where I get my vinyl from!

So, all Australian brand speakers in the household. Legend Kantu 9’s, Richter Excaliburs and now Subsonic XB2.

Cheers.

044B5981-BBFA-4FE5-AEB0-4457CD791843.jpeg

33E2C792-35AB-41A3-9BDF-8E5884D90EFC.jpeg

• Like 5

4 hours ago, mattd2308 said:

My “Daughter’s” System this Morning. 

After purchasing the Music Hall T/T was able to source some Subsonic XB2’s. Liaised with Rod Crawford at Legend, and Krix. Both politely advised they had no 2nds stock. 

Have set up with my old AMC 3050 amp and Denon DCD615 player. All works, just got to give the CD tray a bit of a tap to slot back in properly! Speaker wire from Audio Principe and not so old Chord Signet interconnect. 

And bigosh, once set up, sounds very good. Maybe trial and error with set up but this is the best I could conjure.

Playing some “Audiophile” Crime of the Century. She can play her Agnes Obel, Santa got her for Christmas.

Be no dancing with the TT going! I’ll advise her she can dance with CD’s. She has already asked where I get my vinyl from!

So, all Australian brand speakers in the household. Legend Kantu 9’s, Richter Excaliburs and now Subsonic XB2.

Cheers.

044B5981-BBFA-4FE5-AEB0-4457CD791843.jpeg

33E2C792-35AB-41A3-9BDF-8E5884D90EFC.jpeg

There was second pair Legend Joeys in the classifieds recently. Fabulous speaker. 

Yesterday I bought a rack from@o2so here on the forum and set it all up this morning. Not only does it look great the system now sounds alot better. There was definitely some interference happening when i had all the components sat on top of each other. An annoying buzz has all but disappeared and it just sounds more open, detailed and darker. 3d582927423c971c76e4983ab664caa1.jpg

• Like 4