My System Today

image.thumb.jpeg.9fd88db65d123fc78d1fa1fd39ac5d00.jpeg

Worked from home today to watch over the kids, found just enough time to put my feet up on the table for a few minutes while my son was playing Xbox ?

Yamaha RX-A3050 Receiver | Musical Fidelity M6 PRX Power Amp | B&W 683 Fronts | B&W HTM62 Centre | B&W DM601 S3 Surrounds (out of view) | DTX 15" powered sub (under the Mesa Boogie MK IV guitar amp).

Also have Niles OS 6.5 outdoor speakers hooked up to Yamaha's Zone 2 outside on the deck and Yamaha's Zone 4 connects to a TV outside on the deck.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DavoTheGreat said:

image.thumb.jpeg.9fd88db65d123fc78d1fa1fd39ac5d00.jpeg

Worked from home today to watch over the kids, found just enough time to put my feet up on the table for a few minutes while my son was playing Xbox ?

Yamaha RX-A3050 Receiver | Musical Fidelity M6 PRX Power Amp | B&W 683 Fronts | B&W HTM62 Centre | B&W DM601 S3 Surrounds (out of view) | DTX 15" powered sub (under the Mesa Boogie MK IV guitar amp).

Also have Niles OS 6.5 outdoor speakers hooked up to Yamaha's Zone 2 outside on the deck and Yamaha's Zone 4 connects to a TV outside on the deck.

Very nice.

Can we get a pic of the guitars and amp? ?

If OK, maybe post it in the guitars thread. https://www.stereo.net.au/forums/topic/46351-guitars/?page=136

5 hours ago, Sime V2 said:

Listening got to a bit of Warrel Dane this morn, being amazed at how the M Scaler is presenting albums I thought I knew well ?

image.jpg

Place hasn’t changed much mate.?

9 hours ago, Sime V2 said:

Listening got to a bit of Warrel Dane this morn, being amazed at how the M Scaler is presenting albums I thought I knew well ?

image.jpg

Welcome back @Sime V2, could you hear the difference after you add isoacoustic stand for the 805?

Have spent the last three days tweaking the system, moving components and playing with cables.

Finally time for a listen and evaluation.

So far so good and a big paws up from kitty :thumb:

8B041A14-60B2-4761-AE6C-B18A585EF686.jpeg

CF22A0A4-99B4-415F-B58F-DBAA3ADF1EAB.jpeg

Edited by Mendes
Spelling
  • Like 9
  • Love 1

On 14/01/2019 at 6:04 AM, Sime V2 said:

@mexicoke68 love that CD player ?

it's from rockeater's stash! ?

Did a few upgrades over the last couple of days. Here's how my little setup looks now. Probably going to stay this way for a while, after I replace the tubes. 

Would like to thank @Prana69 for the speakers and assembling the stands for me impromptu today, @illusion for the tube buffer on such short notice, @helotoby for lugging this 30kg amp all the way to my place and @rockeater for the CD850, cables and invaluable advice. This system feels just a little bit more special because of you guys ☺️

50811258_2049410382016162_4982652776258469888_n.jpg

50669974_1192737347558352_4649155948772851712_n.jpg

Edited by mexicoke68
  • Like 5

On 13/01/2019 at 8:17 PM, Mendes said:

So far so good and a big paws up from kitty

Is the kitty for sale?

What music does it prefer?

I used to have a cat that liked Keith Jarrett's Standards Trio. Used to run up and sit on the sofa facing speakers.

Later found out it was deaf, so in fact it like Gary Peacock's double bass. ?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, illusion said:

Nice work mate!

Hey don't go buying any tubes for that Yaqin till you hear from me, something might be happening on that level.

Sure thing. Let me know what's the go with the tubes ? 

3 hours ago, russell66 said:

Not quite playing music yet, but i think they will be in about 4 hrs if all goes well

I doubt it.

As talented as your kids might be, it takes more than 4 hours to teach anyone to play music.

Unless they are Keith Jarrett who - once was seated behind piano - hit few keys to find out where sounds were, and started playing.

But he was well over 3 years old by then. Or so the legend says.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2