My System Today

25 minutes ago, Mungbean66 said:

Nice looking set up there 07. Is that the DAC at the bottom?

Thanks!

Nah that's a Furman power conditioner at the bottom. Am just using the inbuilt DAC in the Bluesound for now. A new DAC is on the wish list (with everything else) but I'm probably 80% vinyl listening in any case. 

6 minutes ago, muriwai said:

I run the same B&W speakers in my dining area,bought many years ago from JohnA
Nice sound given their age
Cheers Muri

Great arent they. I certainly love them and find it hard to justify an upgrade without getting into some pretty serious territory. 

Great arent they. I certainly love them and find it hard to justify an upgrade without getting into some pretty serious territory. 

I originally had mine in bedroom setup,many years and have only just upgraded them with Osborn speakers now for bedroom ,and B&W have been relegated to dining area!
I am hooking up the Osborns this weekend so time will tell if I made a wise choice!let the bedroom rock!!
Cheers Muri

23 minutes ago, muriwai said:

I originally had mine in bedroom setup,many years and have only just upgraded them with Osborn speakers now for bedroom ,and B&W have been relegated to dining area!
I am hooking up the Osborns this weekend so time will tell if I made a wise choice!let the bedroom rock!!
Cheers Muri

Good luck, interested to hear your thought after a listen!

Just a rough setup last night ,I am going to make two more timber supports to go under the cabinet to support weight before I lift amp up on top!!
Other option is put it in the cabinet in middle cupboard but that will require quite a bit of work,shelf will have to be cut out and rear as well

5 hours ago, muriwai said:

Just a rough setup last night ,I am going to make two more timber supports to go under the cabinet to support weight before I lift amp up on top!!
Other option is put it in the cabinet in middle cupboard but that will require quite a bit of work,shelf will have to be cut out and rear as well

With the amount of heat that amp puts out, you will want to have it on top.

Btw, are those Osbourne speakers? They look awesome. How do you go with them so close to the wall?

With the amount of heat that amp puts out, you will want to have it on top.

Btw, are those Osbourne speakers? They look awesome. How do you go with them so close to the wall?

Yes Osborns,I drove up to Sydney to pickup !been sitting wrapped up for 3 months while I paint and carpet the bedroom
Spent the morning making 2 extra supports to go under the hutch to stop it from collapsing from an old red gum sleeper
Then muscle to lift amp on my own up onto hutch !!
IMG_5613.jpg
Not to fussed with speakers too close to wall ,I'm not too serious listener,if I have some nice gear and a Jack Daniel in my hand then the tunes sound good
Listening to a bit of Vince Brophy at the moment,sounds bloody fantastic!!
I will muck around during the week with toe in a bit
No phono stage in the LM amp so tt not hooked up[emoji19]
And now broke so CD player for couple of months!!
Will get there by Xmas
Cheers Muri
  • Like 8

here is another Photo Shot from a different angle

i did speak with the owner who gave me permission to post them.

We did this early 2017 and the JBL 4350's were sold shortly after to make room for a more spectacular JBL Project

28146414282_54bb7e7714_k.thumb.jpg.f3f106a0adfe3ae9f73dbaffe46fc554.jpg

Edited by kroozzy
  • Like 5

13 minutes ago, kroozzy said:

here is another Photo Shot from a different angle

i did speak with the owner who gave me permission to post them.

We did this early 2017 and the JBL 4350's were sold shortly after to make room for a more spectacular JBL Project

28146414282_54bb7e7714_k.thumb.jpg.f3f106a0adfe3ae9f73dbaffe46fc554.jpg

These look amazing. They look like something you'd get from Kendrick in Japan.

The seller has the space for them too; seems like a Ballroom in there.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mungbean66 said:

These look amazing. They look like something you'd get from Kendrick in Japan.

The seller has the space for them too; seems like a Ballroom in there.

that's the toy room, there is room of mammoth extraordinary features that remains private  ?

Edited by kroozzy
  • Like 2

here is a YouTube link that has lots of info about the speakers in the description for those that are interested in all things JBL or for those who just like to learn about different audio equipment, such as myself :

Edited by kroozzy
  • Love 1