My System Today

18 hours ago, Addicted to music said:

No one in the house this morning so up goes the volume.....

oh yeah baby...haven't switched this on for weeks,  just simply awesome on some slow jazz with Susan Wong....

perfect for a Sunday morning.

IMG_1558.JPG

Nice ribbons there, very pretty :) hope to join the club one day

3 minutes ago, Happy said:

That’s a super clean room can’t recall the last time mine looked like that.

Thanks @Happy

But that's part of the story.  The back is not so tidy, my friggin 27 yr son has invaded it with his photographic crap. He's invaded the study and the garage and it's a mess, you cant walk into them!   Both kids 27&21 are as bad as each other there bedrooms are a mess, no wonder they complain that there's spiders roaming around in there rooms....DOH!   I don't see spiders in my bedroom!  

IMG_1559.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, 125dBmonster said:

Nice ribbons there, very pretty :) hope to join the club one day

They do need a bass driver to compliment them.  I've heard the big version of the ML that you have at of all places;  Trevor Lees... 

Ill never forget the addictive liquid impressive sound that was in the room....simply stunning.  However I can't say much for the current cheap ML.

18 hours ago, Addicted to music said:

They do need a bass driver to compliment them.  I've heard the big version of the ML that you have at of all places;  Trevor Lees... 

Ill never forget the addictive liquid impressive sound that was in the room....simply stunning.  However I can't say much for the current cheap ML.

Have heard a few sets of ML's now and like them, must admit the larger full range panel, has it's flaws, but also many really great qualities. It's all about the hidden details :thumb: natural, realistic and un colored

Edited by Guest

Audiophillic Sin - mea culpa.

Against instinct and advice, I have moved my Audio Nirvana TLs more or less into the corners (about 40 cm from back wall - 15 from sides) and toed them in muchly.

(and I stood paintings on them!)

This was done as part of my spasmodic attempts to get better and smoother bass (other than from the sub and or the digi eq)

Shock, Horror! - they actually sound pretty good like that.

Perhaps it's because the room is more or less square ... I dunno, but some possibly temporary happiness reigns ....

IMG_0306.jpg

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Misterioso said:

Wow, that's some serious lens distortion (assuming the wall is actually straight).

Straight walls are for the weak and the feeble of mind.

Yep - my walls are straight!

I love the panorama setting on the iPhone - especially if my hand is shaking up and down, or if someone does a walk through.

Photo below taken during a loud listening session ;)

IMG_0310.jpg

Edited by ALF
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1