My System Today

Nice room you have.

I'll add some suggetions here. The OMDs should be either placed at ear level (facing upright) or placed higher (but facing downwards).

You can use this mount from amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/OmniMount-Stainless-Steel-Speaker-Mount/dp/B00013BNLQ/ref=sr_1_29?ie=UTF8&qid=1336395382&sr=8-29

You have some glass display cabinets in the room? Don't they vibrate at bassy scene? If die die need to keep them there, you might want to add a subdude to it (subwoofer).

Hi weiz87, a cosy ht room. Btw what is the room size?  Saw a SVS sub in it. How u tame the bass without room treatment?

my room size is 6m length by 3m. yes. i can't tame the bass. still reading some articles from net hoping i can do it myself. i still new to this HT stuffs due to just came back from overseas.

Nice room you have.

I'll add some suggetions here. The OMDs should be either placed at ear level (facing upright) or placed higher (but facing downwards).

You can use this mount from amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/OmniMount-Stainless-Steel-Speaker-Mount/dp/B00013BNLQ/ref=sr_1_29?ie=UTF8&qid=1336395382&sr=8-29

You have some glass display cabinets in the room? Don't they vibrate at bassy scene? If die die need to keep them there, you might want to add a subdude to it.

thanks you. the glass cabinets is for me to put my OMD due to no wall mounting. i saw that mounting from amazon. wanted to order but i don't have power drill to drill to the wall ><

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the complement guys!! Its the Penaudio Sinfonia.. yeah, they are tall.. no wrestlers but planning to have Katharine McPhee in the left speaker & Lana Del Rey on the right..

So embarrassing to show my setup here..... :'(

Nothing's wrong with you set up. As long as you are happy with the sounds, that is all matters.

A suggestion or two. maybe place the speakers bit away from the wall and separate them apart if you can with little bit of toe in to get a better imaging.  ;)

Enjoy the music mate.

Thanks ralfale! This setup is gonna be a 2 year project till I move to a new place in 2014 so will slowly build it up.

That angle hides quite abit of the mess of wires behind the center speaker  ;D ;D

err.. u're asking what to buy in this fourm? haha! its not gonna fit in 1 post!

but seriously, looking at turntable, computer music setup, matching centre speaker, AVR, maybe tryout other pre/power, cabling, acoustic treatments.... not in any particular order..

Kzone, Thanks for invited me to your house. your system is really good and nice. i enjoyed listening especially the energy of the drum from Kitaro.  ;D

Love the chair!  :)

Its light & airy :)

needed something low cos of the small usher s520.. so stole it fm my backyard.. part of the cane sofa/coffee table set

t30.. dats the sound of 4 x 10" woofer driven by probably the cheapest AB class 500W monoblock in the market  :D

• 4 weeks later...

My rack isn't on show cause it's really messy now, I'd have to tidy up the cabling. Also, waiting on an amp upgrade...

Setup:

Audiolab 8200CDQ (Furutech G-320Ag-18G PC) OR Macbook Air 2012 -> DIY Neotech 16AWG Silver Cryo RCA -> NAD 317 Power section only (Hacked IEC w/ Furutech Evolution II PC) -> VDH CS-122 -> Dynaudio Focus 110 on Dynaudio Stand 2.

• 1 month later...

Just did a quick setup of a 2 channel in my lounge. The speakers got put on top of my ht speakers, as this was just a temporary setup to spin some vinyl over the weekend and show it off to a few friends as my listening room is a bit of a disaster area due to some storage issues. I will not make any comments other than the amps/speakers are Emotiva xpa-1 mono blocks and erm-1. The preamp is a Yamaha avs-700. Turntables are Thorens td-160b with sme3009 s2 on the left and a DIY Lenco based on the right.