My System Today

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Did you get the response graphs of your room before and after adding the diffusers and bass trap?

Sorry bro...reply 2+ months late.  ;p  Don't have a plot before and after the side diffuser.

Before the bass trap.

1st plot is after putting in the bass trap, but before tuning.  2nd plot is after tuning the bass trap to reduce the 40Hz room peak.  These 2 plots were recorded on a different day compared to the previous, and at a different volume setting, which explains for the different level.

A slight change of scenery... :D

Congrats bro, happy upgrading along the journey!

I found similarities in our setup, my previous one is also RS6+RSLCR, stereo drived by USP-1 and UPA-1 X 2 too, now pre and power no change, RS6 upgraded to Dynaudio Focus 220, however, I found the setup kinda slow, no live and dynamics.... Not sure whether USP-1 is the culprit, or other parts of my setup like UPA-1 or Mogami speaker cable should bear the responsibility.

What about yours with Harbeth? Thinking of changing my pre but afraid of pulling the wrong trigger....:(

I think the USP1 with the UPA monoblocks is a pretty decent combi considering their price bro. To my ears, the Super5 sounds fine powered by the Emos. So not quite sure if it's the preamp, and furthermore I think the Emos pre and power works quite well together, so I'll be hesitant to part them. I have not heard of the 220, but I did audition the Focus 140, and it wasn't really the sound I was looking for.

If you like, you are welcome to drop by my place and have a listen to the Harbeth powered by the Emo  ;)

I think the USP1 with the UPA monoblocks is a pretty decent combi considering their price bro. To my ears, the Super5 sounds fine powered by the Emos. So not quite sure if it's the preamp, and furthermore I think the Emos pre and power works quite well together, so I'll be hesitant to part them. I have not heard of the 220, but I did audition the Focus 140, and it wasn't really the sound I was looking for.

If you like, you are welcome to drop by my place and have a listen to the Harbeth powered by the Emo  ;)

Thanks for invitation bro, will find one fine day to drop by, probably after Christmas when I'm free, will PM you then. :)

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Updated. Got a new Wharfedale aubwoofer Sw150, & it really improves the experience compared to Polk Audio Rm6750 ones. Centre speakers upright also improve sound. Also found mu crossover frequency had been set wrongly to 40hz for main speakers.  Change to 80hz & sounds better! Happy..

• 1 month later...

Feel free to leave feedback.....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/40121829@N05/6880753933/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/40121829@N05/6880760605/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/40121829@N05/6880767613/

Polk Audio SDA SRS 1.2TL (L/R), Triad LCR THX (centre), Klipsch surrounds, HSU VTF3-Mk4 sub, B&W ASW608 sub, Mark Levinson ML-3 power amp, Yamaha VX667 AVR (surrounds, pre-amp for L/R/C), Marantz SR7002 (used as amp for cent spkr), Panasonic DMP-BD85 blu ray player, Cambridge Audio 640C CD player, Panasonic 55" ST30 plasma, Remarco pull down screen 100", Optoma HD80

• 2 months later...

what do u have on ur wall? regular wallpaper or some kind of acoustic treatment?

no offence, but ur "speaker stands" remind me of the stool my grannie sat on while washing clothes with the washboard  :P

what do u have on ur wall? regular wallpaper or some kind of acoustic treatment?

no offence, but ur "speaker stands" remind me of the stool my grannie sat on while washing clothes with the washboard  :P

yea. u r right. i couldn't find a low speaker stand instead i found these stools. quite stable. just normal wall paper to make my room dark. using dark paint will have white stain after months.

Bro Weiz87, aren't your fronts too low? Personally I would set the tweeters to be at my ear level when at listening position...

my front just nice my listening ear. that y i added the stools =) not very sure about my surround placing though. is it good enough? thinking of adding back too. but seems like no place. can't find a suitable stand too...