My System Today

;D Currently, living in an HDB 5 Room Flat...when my sister got married...(soon)...I will occupy her room and convert my current HT Room cum Bedroom into one dedicated HT Room...hehehe... ;D Then I can fully carpet the whole room... ;D

It will always be nice to have one room for yourself to indulge in your HT experience...

;D

DEQ 1 : Full digital EQ for CDP only. Digital in-digital out.

DEQ 2: Analog EQ for front L & R. XLR in - XLR out. I've not decided if I really want this. I'm still debating on this.

DEQ 3: Analog EQ for centre and sub. XLR in - XLR out. I'm very sure I need this.

I've comtemplated on a AMX system, but realised that AMX systems are designed to reap profit from me everytime I want to upgrade. I was told that everytime I have a new equip, I must pay AMX to learn the IR codes of the new equip. ::) ::)

Thats why I got the prontopro. As far as I am concerned, Prontopro is more far user friendly than AMX/Crestron.

you mean on the floor?

Do this. Place a reasonable sized mirror on the floor. On places where you can see the reflection of the speaker, thats where the floor should have carpet. This will deal with the most important 1st reflection that muddies up sound.

wah stacked/mounted SVS... really scary... whole wall probably vibrates....

anyway, JAG, your next upgrade you can consider stand-alone DACs to improve on the DEQ2496 DACs (digital out from DEQ2496 to DAC).

to Joamonte: For a mid-fi system like mine, digital EQ can sound reasonably transparent (whereas your hi-end system will probably expose the flaws of digital EQ). Further, I had serious room mode problems that only digital EQ could cure (3 x Bassbusters not enough).

another advantage of digital EQ is that it can make some awful sounding CDs (the recording awful but the performance good) more listenable too :)

Elsewhere not in the pictures include:

1. System audio bkshlvs+MS bipole spkrs for surrs

2. VCR & TV

3. Benq 8700+

4. JBL front effect spkrs for yamaha front effect processing

A small HT but enough to make me feel like I'm in the movie. ;D

:o

question... how many powerstrips are u using??

Phil

:o

question... how many powerstrips are u using??

Phil

Thats an obscene number ....... :P

But the power bar for the power amps is a specially designed one built into my remote-controlled power sequencer.

Thats an obscene number ....... :P

But the power bar for the power amps is a specially designed one built into my remote-controlled power sequencer.

Hahahhahaaa...

Did u use a dedicated circuit breaker for e HT room or upgrade the main circuit breaker from a 20A to 40A??

Phil

haha sell me the shinco then

Don't think will be selling my 8700.

Just found out that it may be SDI moddable.......... :o

Time to mod it for the ultimate in pq....SDI!

anyone can teach me how to attach the picture here?

i have recently just completed my home reno and have already install my HT. however, i dont know how to post the picture here.

Appreciate those that know how to do it to advice me. thanks. :)

Go apply an account at www.photobucket.com. Its free!! Upload your photo & copy e URL & paste it here..

Phil

my real humble setup, it's like a mole vs mountain comparing with the likes of desray and jag :D

Anyhow, thanks to Jag who came down personally to fix 2 of my canare cables. Appreciate his helpfulness and friendliness despite us just exchange correspondencnes thru IM.

front

side

rear

Yo zenkinz...I liked your living room design...simple yet sophisticated...just like my Brother's house in Sembawang... ;D

BTW...is that a Plasma TV or LCD TV and the what brand and model of HTiB you're using? :)

Guest jonlee

That planet too ulu liao lah... ;D

One funny thing about this particular thread...it seems alot "livelier" as compared to the 'Planet Equipment List" which is supposed to showcase all member's HT setups?... ;D ;D ;D

Guest jonlee

Wah zenkinz! Ur living room very sui! ;D It will be lagi sui if u wall mount the front 3 spks in a V-shape, and use the stands for ur surround spks.

Currently, ur 2 surround spks a bit too high.